ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankenstein Tank said:
First of all, thank you for the great patch.
However, I noticed if you try to do Adult Gohan SSJ's Ultimate Special Move, the Super Kamehameha, the screen goes white and the sound continues to play.
I'm using a SuperCard DSTWO, if that matters.
Is it in clean mode? Are you on EOS 1.09?

QUOTE(kosheh @ Feb 23 2011, 11:24 AM) I kinda kinda KINDA wanna work on One Piece Gigant Battle but I'm afraid I'd need my bff Noitora's help on that...soooooo

it can wait >:
It's being officially translated.

Source

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
However, I noticed if you try to do Adult Gohan SSJ's Ultimate Special Move, the Super Kamehameha, the screen goes white and the sound continues to play.

I have it in patch mode and I'm on EOS 1.09.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankenstein Tank said:
machomuu said:
Frankenstein Tank said:

Odd, just tried and it works for me
unsure.gif

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
machomuu said:
Frankenstein Tank said:

Odd, just tried and it works for me
unsure.gif

Huh, guess I'll try repatching it.
Repatched it and it works now. Guess I should have tried that first.

oniryuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey when extracting files from tahaxen like whatever text/hex editor i use it appears weird so which encoder do i use like 8-bit or wat?

TY

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
small problem here... don't know if it's related to the patching or if it's something Kosheh made a mistake on.... but after having a few matches in the 2nd set of battles of the 6th Challenge Mode, the whole game just froze....

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alexg1989 said:
small problem here... don't know if it's related to the patching or if it's something Kosheh made a mistake on.... but after having a few matches in the 2nd set of battles of the 6th Challenge Mode, the whole game just froze....
Have you tried repatching? :3c

I should probably mention --- which I did mention earlier, I accidentally somehow appended the episode data and some of the story script to the end of the object_list which results it in having a redundant, large filesize

BluDBZGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zomby_2 said:
Hey the .53 patch rar dose not have the drag and drop patchier. I was wondering if I can use the one from .35 or what ever it is with the .53 patch?

First, I want to thank Kosheh for this wonderful patch since I don't know any Japanese
yaynds.gif
. Now Zomby, yes go ahead and use the drag and drop patchier from .35 it worked for me. So far, the only bug I have found is that when attempting to use Kid Gohan's Ultimate (Super Masenko) the screen goes blank and stays like that. I resetted the game 2 more times and tried it again, but I still got the same error
unsure.gif
. I am using Desmume 0.9.7 x86 if that helps and I hope you can fix the problem soon
wink.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, that freeze.
I replaced the file (overwrote it on FileTrip) and not only does it contain a bugfix for Kid Gohan's Ultimate (which...I somehow fixed by rewriting the names of two attacks :wtf:) but I also included the patcher again with the download! :3c So by all means if you recently updated your patch, patch a clean file again but this time with the newly uploaded patch (still .53 on Filetrip)

But now there's a new bug but luckily it's not gamebreaking: Chiaotzu's Ultimate (Goodbye, Tien!) has some graphical glitching on the G (in DeSmuMe, dunno about flashcarts) and

yeah sorry about that guys :{

Dani-L

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I'm doing something wrong....When I press enter I get a black screen with some chinese text in a red area...

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dani-L said:
Hmm I'm doing something wrong....When I press enter I get a black screen with some chinese text in a red area...
Your save probably is corrupt. Try changing the savetype in your emulator. >:

QUOTE(oniryuk1 @ Feb 23 2011, 06:35 PM) hey when extracting files from tahaxen like whatever text/hex editor i use it appears weird so which encoder do i use like 8-bit or wat?

TY
iirc the text displays as SHIFT-JIS; no file encryption. Text is in the .MSG files and one SBT (I'll let you figure that one out)

Images are compressed and usually display 8bit (256 colors)

mentos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
idk if anyone else is having this prob but in story mode on the 7th arc on the 4th level it seems to load the cut scene but after that it has a black screen with no music or anything. i tried re patching and downloading this patch again and i still have this problem. is there any fix for this? oh and i am playing on a genuine r4 with wood v1.24.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey uh, BEYOND minor issue, but you might want to know that somehow "BrvSword" which is what you called Trunks's Sword, is now just "rd". Doesn't matter at all but thought you might want to know.

Incidentally, what's that sword called in the original japanese? Is it "yuusha-to" or something?

BluDBZGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Whoa, that freeze.
I replaced the file (overwrote it on FileTrip) and not only does it contain a bugfix for Kid Gohan's Ultimate (which...I somehow fixed by rewriting the names of two attacks :wtf:) but I also included the patcher again with the download! :3c So by all means if you recently updated your patch, patch a clean file again but this time with the newly uploaded patch (still .53 on Filetrip)

But now there's a new bug but luckily it's not gamebreaking: Chiaotzu's Ultimate (Goodbye, Tien!) has some graphical glitching on the G (in DeSmuMe, dunno about flashcarts) and

yeah sorry about that guys :{

Thanks for adding the patchier and translating Kid Gohan's ultimate
biggrin.gif
, but I'm sorry to say that I'm still getting the blank screen while using his ultimate
frown.gif
(oddly enough it does work on V35 Patch)
unsure.gif
. As for the graphical glitching don't worry about it you can always just wait to fix it in the final patch. In the other world's strongest what-if (Cell Saga) I got problems once again, because in 5B-1 I can't fight Zarbon after beating Dodoria with Goku (Does happen/works on V35 Patch though) and 5B-2 Can't fight Cell after beating Frieza with Goku (Does happen/works on V35 Patch though). Again I use Desmume 0.9.7 x86 and I finished both fights with Goku's ultimate (Super Spirit Bomb) if that helps fix the problem.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I know why the bug exists, I just don't know how to fix it yet. ;___;

I accidentally made the file that a lot of the information is held too big and somehow appended the whole game script onto it. I have no idea how, but I did. >_>

Well, it can't be done with the hex editor I'm working with so I guess I'll have to just try it out when I get home. :S

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The game freezes and theres lots of slowdown during battle on Tutorial 3 (The training with Gohan and Goku). Not sure if this happens on other missions. I'm using Acekard Akaio 1.8.5.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All right. Remember that file I didn't know how to fix?

Well, I just fixed it RIGHT NOW.
Did a huge rehaul to one of the files (had to delete over 160,000 bytes BY HAND! i've got such a bad cramp right now) and recompiled from a fresh JP ROM, so everything should be like new again! Tested Gohan's special in DeSmuMe, no problems!

http://filetrip.net/f24121-DragonBall-Kai-...ation]-53a.html

53a. a FOR AWESOME

Try the issues you had before now. I had accidentally merged three files together somehow and the pointers from each file must have been tripping up one another. It should work just fine now. :J

Heck I use an Acekard - so you might wanna retry that Tutorial 3 again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol