ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Kosheh I found an error in an attack name. Yamcha's rapid claw attack is called Rouga Fu-Fu-Ken, not "Huu-Huu" as you seem to have translated it.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SABERinBLUE said:
Hey Kosheh I found an error in an attack name. Yamcha's rapid claw attack is called Rouga Fu-Fu-Ken, not "Huu-Huu" as you seem to have translated it.
As of now it's called "B.W.W.F" (Blowing Wind Wolf Fist. Tacky I know, sorry) because I distinctly remember it notoriously not fitting no matter how many times or variations I typed it. :{
That and I couldn't live with BWW Fist because two of my friends swore to have read it "BBW Fist" fffff

QUOTE(mrfatso @ Feb 19 2011, 08:32 AM) by the way, kinda off-topic but does is chi chi in this game or as usual, she has been forgotten along with the ox king(whatshisname) ?
The Ox King's hat appears in the game? But not the Ox King himself >:

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't Yamcha's flying fist attack just be his Wolf Fang Fist?

I don't know if he has multiple attacks that include rapid punches, but Wolf Fang Fist is his signature move from the show.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:

I don't know if he has multiple attacks that include rapid punches, but Wolf Fang Fist is his signature move from the show.
I still can't make it fiiiiiiiiit yeeeet ;A;

QUOTE(SABERinBLUE @ Feb 19 2011, 10:39 PM) Hey Kosheh I found an error in an attack name. Yamcha's rapid claw attack is called Rouga Fu-Fu-Ken, not "Huu-Huu" as you seem to have translated it.
I said "OH YEAH I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, HERE'S BWWF" - you're referring to his dialogue AFTER you do the attack!
I fixed it :3c

In case you're all curious:

I managed to finish translating all the special technique names that you see during gameplay. I kinda fudged a few for non-signature attacks (i.e. Gohan's now got D. Upper - Dragon Upper; which I figured is a good name for a backfist in DBZ
tongue.gif

Most have weird abbreviations not because they don't fit onscreen without leaking all over ('coz some honestly do) I still only have 1/4 of the command list names for each attack though.
Right now I'm working on dialogue blahs before going to sleep. :E

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kiekoes said:
Looking sexy! But I'm only going to download it when there's a stable 100% menu translation. I don't care about the story.
That's cool.
Bar the DS Wireless menu, the main menu will be like pretty much 100% translated the next patch. VS Mode and Training are going to be like 100% as well.
tongue.gif

There's stuff in the Pause menus in training mode I keep missing - Data Reset doesn't reset your inputs....it restarts the match!
So I'll do that, fix the remaining training menu elements and *then* I'll release a patch

its cool broskis I translated a million

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hey Kosheh I found an error in an attack name. Yamcha's rapid claw attack is called Rouga Fu-Fu-Ken, not "Huu-Huu" as you seem to have translated it.I said "OH YEAH I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, HERE'S BWWF" - you're referring to his dialogue AFTER you do the attack!
I fixed it :3c
Yeah yeah, that's what I was talking about. I would have been more specific but I honestly did not know what to call the dialogue popup thing.

You know I could have just called it that.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Feb 19 2011, 11:22 PM)

Wolf Fang Fist is the translated name of the Rouga FuFuKen.

Blunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Kiekoes said:
Looking sexy! But I'm only going to download it when there's a stable 100% menu translation. I don't care about the story.
That's cool.
Bar the DS Wireless menu, the main menu will be like pretty much 100% translated the next patch. VS Mode and Training are going to be like 100% as well.
tongue.gif

There's stuff in the Pause menus in training mode I keep missing - Data Reset doesn't reset your inputs....it restarts the match!
So I'll do that, fix the remaining training menu elements and *then* I'll release a patch

its cool broskis I translated a million

Supersaiyan627

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a save file they would like to share that has all the items/costumes or characters unlocked?

Also, just to stay on the subject on the translation - good job, Kosheh! You are making a lot of DBZ fans very happeh

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supersaiyan627 said:
Does anyone have a save file they would like to share that has all the items/costumes or characters unlocked?

Also, just to stay on the subject on the translation - good job, Kosheh! You are making a lot of DBZ fans very happeh
A DeSmuMe-friendly one would be most appreciated by both Elza and me

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
kosheh said:
Supersaiyan627 said:

A DeSmuMe-friendly one would be most appreciated by both Elza and me

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm kind of an idiot
I just appended the new object list into the game and it turns out to be six times the size of the original file. I'm pretty sure I managed to fudge something up pretty severely.
On top of that I forgot to make a backup of both the last updated ROM and the file that was about to be changed. >_> Furthermore, I just overwrote the last beta-beta on my flashcart just to see if I had the same problems in the actual game as I had in DeSmuMe. >_____________________>

After doing such a silly feat, I loaded the game up regardless. Everything seems fine so far...on DeSmuMe I had a few freezes at occasional points (particularly when knocking your opponent away in Kami's Lookout). However when trying to reproduce the same situations on an actual DS with an Acekard I had no problems. I've tried nearly every mode available so far except Wireless.

Really, really weird. >____>
So I think the worst this means is that compatibility with some R4s is broken because some data had to be shifted around. But that's seriously it so far.

The good news is that A LOT of attacks and that good stuff are translated. I'm halfway done with character dialogue (the little blurb that shows up when you do an attack) - so if you guys give me like, one or two days max I'll be able to finish those no problem (that's the part I'm only doing in Romanji)

EDIT: Everything seems to be working just fine. No need to worry. :J

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
by 'everything works fine', I mean it works fine on an Acekard with no AP patching. I didn't ruin the game. :{

I have no way to test the game on a R4. But it you're playing it on Wood, more likely than not it'll be fine.
tongue.gif

Blunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
by 'everything works fine', I mean it works fine on an Acekard with no AP patching. I didn't ruin the game. :{

I have no way to test the game on a R4. But it you're playing it on Wood, more likely than not it'll be fine.
tongue.gif

you can send me the patch if you like, i have a R4 card and since im not a douchebag i guess im not a bad choice
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==