machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SABERinBLUE said:
machomuu said:
Wait...in the Ocean Dub he said he became an SSJ because he wanted it really badly?
rofl.gif

Well, Funimation, but yes.

At least I assume it's Funimation. It's whatever the Tri-Audio (Dub with english music. dub with japanese music. original) releases from Anime-Fanrips were.

Oh and Sylent, I won't mind if you edit that about Frieza into the thing on your site (As a paranthetical "Editor's Note" if that makes you feel better) but I think the politeness is kind of contained in my point about him being cold-blooded. He's so completely in control that he loses nothing by being polite.
No, I grew up with the Funimation Dub and he definitely said the bit about pure evil.

But I digress.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dann Woolf said:
Also, you might actually want to, you know, watch Dragon Ball Kai.BUT WATCHING ANIME IS FOR NERDS
angry.gif

YEAH!!

I've been spending the last few days translating the character abilities that show up on the bottom screen. I haven't done the equivalent that shows up in the pause menu movelists, 'coz I figured most of you guys probably won't be looking at them that often ):

I wanna release another patch soon, but the pressure of A 100% TRANSLATION SHOULD BE DONE THIS WEEK from a particular group can be...

you know

quite heavy on one's shoulders. ._.;
And considering Elza just got banned from PSN he should have much more free time on his hands ;P

Considering I'm one person against a whole team, how on Earth am I supposed to keep up with that?

Blunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Dann Woolf said:
Also, you might actually want to, you know, watch Dragon Ball Kai.BUT WATCHING ANIME IS FOR NERDS
angry.gif

YEAH!!

I've been spending the last few days translating the character abilities that show up on the bottom screen. I haven't done the equivalent that shows up in the pause menu movelists, 'coz I figured most of you guys probably won't be looking at them that often ):

I wanna release another patch soon, but the pressure of A 100% TRANSLATION SHOULD BE DONE THIS WEEK from a particular group can be...

you know

quite heavy on one's shoulders. ._.;
And considering Elza just got banned from PSN he should have much more free time on his hands ;P

Considering I'm one person against a whole team, how on Earth am I supposed to keep up with that?

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, don't sweat the speed, I like your translation better anyway.

Couldn't you toss us a stopgap patch with whatever you have up to now though?

Pretty please?

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
No, I grew up with the Funimation Dub and he definitely said the bit about pure evil.Nope. Krillin says "Goku's so calm and composed, but obviously those don't seem to be the pre-requisites". to which Vegeta says, "Afraid not. There's more than one way to reach the goal. Yes, to each his own. My motivation was a lot different than Kakarrot's .My motivation was to be the best."

/\ I have the episode here on my HD.
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
^^^ nice site @ sylent echo....Thanks!
smile.gif

Oh and Sylent, I won't mind if you edit that about Frieza into the thing on your site (As a paranthetical "Editor's Note" if that makes you feel better) but I think the politeness is kind of contained in my point about him being cold-blooded. He's so completely in control that he loses nothing by being polite.
Will do, thanks for the whole thing again. I always wanted to write about that, but just never made the time.

Hey Kosheh, any chance of releasing a new version of your patch soon? Oh and sorry for going off-topic earlier.

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't worry about speed in finishing your translation Kosheh, you're doing a fine job.
I like it how you openly communicate with the userbase about it and inform us about your progress.
smile.gif

While Elza has said that we can expect a 100%, we haven't heard anything from the progress yet and also don't know what to expect.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've been nagging him to show you guys pictures or something of his progress. I think he took that as "translate the images in your patch too"

I can safely say though that if you open the files in a program like Tahaxan and checked out all the system's MSG files that I've done 5 of them 100% - and only one of them is 90%; the main menus. I don't know how to put it - most of you guys probably won't be playing this game via wireless so I usually don't translate that part of the menu. But it's pretty straightforward - one person's either the leader and creates a game; the other joins.
Goku has some seriously condensed attack names (you know, dramatic attacks that only require 3 japanese characters to write)

But, I know how badly you guys want me to translate the story and I'm incredibly stalwart on....not
HOWEVER!!!!!

I
will totally open this up to you guys and let you translate it if you like; or just one person can translate it. Whatever. But I'll start with this text dump I made of all the episode titles. If you guys wanna just translate what you want, little by little, feel free. Then, you can all chip in and all be recognized for your efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes

But yeah

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1qI...8YWH5naFqJONyi4

[0A] when you see it written is a line break; just keep that in mind. You can just post your translation on GBAtemp and post it either in the topic or in a PM, but I suggest if you post it in the topic to use spoiler tags if your list is extremely long.

You can choose to translate what you wish - most of the episode titles are actually named verbatim from the anime, so if you wanna do that that's perfectly fine. But there's a ton of them that need to be translated (like the What If stories) so um
yeah.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
People are gonna google the hell out of that.
Yeah probably lol.

It's OK for the most part - most of the people interested though already know what happens in DragonBall Kai so they should be able to come up with a uh

pretty good little synopsis thingy for the episodes!!

I forgot to mention that what you translate may be subject to slight editing, because there isn't infinite space within the ROM. So I might substitute a word you use with a synonym but that's like

nothing really :3c

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
People are gonna google the hell out of that.
Yeah probably lol.

It's OK for the most part - most of the people interested though already know what happens in DragonBall Kai so they should be able to come up with a uh

pretty good little synopsis thingy for the episodes!!

I forgot to mention that what you translate may be subject to slight editing, because there isn't infinite space within the ROM. So I might substitute a word you use with a synonym but that's like

nothing really :3c

Sure... you can google crap translate everything.

Here's a perfect example.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=272...p;#entry3462650

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SylentEcho said:
QUOTE said:
No, I grew up with the Funimation Dub and he definitely said the bit about pure evil.Nope. Krillin says "Goku's so calm and composed, but obviously those don't seem to be the pre-requisites". to which Vegeta says, "Afraid not. There's more than one way to reach the goal. Yes, to each his own. My motivation was a lot different than Kakarrot's .My motivation was to be the best."

/\ I have the episode here on my HD.
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
^^^ nice site @ sylent echo....Thanks!
smile.gif

Will do, thanks for the whole thing again. I always wanted to write about that, but just never made the time.

Hey Kosheh, any chance of releasing a new version of your patch soon? Oh and sorry for going off-topic earlier.
Crap, I just checked and you're right :wtf:. I think the Remastered version may have different dialouge for that part (which may be the case because I've definitely heard the "Pure Evil" part multiple times before) compared to the Toonami version (Which I grew up with or "the edited version").

Also, I'm really excited for this pseudo-open source translation
smile.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really no point in me helping too much with this project(I really despise google translate), but I guess I can help out a bit.

00000B25,34,Please choose an episode to play

00000B48,10,Saiyan Arc (I think you mean Chapter or volume since that's what 編 means)

00000B53,24,【IF】Yamchaキべし編

00000B6C,32,【IF】Warrior Nappa's Rage Arc (Again, I think you mean Chapter)

00000B8D,12,Namek 星 Chapter

00000B9A,29,【IF】Calling! Ginyu Force Chapter

00000BB8,25,【IF】Guldo FINAL WARS Chapter (I can't tell if you translated this part yourself or if that's what it said, but I can't make it out without the full Japanese. I could however, make out Guldo)

00000BD2,10,Frieza Arc (I think you meant Chapter)

00000BDD,30,【IF】しゅぎょ~くツラい修業編

00000BFC,22,【IF】Earth's Strongest Man Chapter

00000C13,10,Android Chapter

00000C1E,26,【IF】Frieza's Counterattack Chapter

00000C39,26,【IF】Heartless Red Ribbon Chapter

00000C54,6,Cell Chapter

00000C5B,16,【IF】Cell's Resurrection

00000C6C,28,【IF】Other World's Strongest Man

00000C89,3,???

00000C8D,14,Budokai Tenkaichi Chapter

00000C9C,32,【IF】Very Romantic Chapter

00000CBD,24,【IF】Prince Vegeta's Destruction

00000CD6,10,Majin Buu Chapter

00000CE1,20,【IF】Clash! Super Warrior Chapter

00000CF6,16,【IF】Evil Awakens

00000D07,6,Extra Chapter

00000D0E,30,【IF】Merely the Final Battle

00000D2D,24,【IF】The Legendary Super Saiyan Chapter

00000D46,20,【IF】North Galaxy Chapter

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B3astinSnipes said:
id still reather have "arc" anyway."chapter"sounds kinda dumb.no offense towards u just in general

No offense taken.
It's up to kosheh what he wants to put, I just said what the Japanese said.
If you think the Japanese is dumb, complain to the creators.
Or you could, I don't know, translate it yourself.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, PG! :3c

I actually wanted to have "Saga" since that's what each chapter is referred to in the English speaking DBZ fanbase, but I only used Arc 'coz it fits and doesn't run off the page easily >:

However, even when I try to squeeze in "Arc" it doesn't even fit so I might just drop the use of "arc" and "Chapter" entirely. Then I could squeeze in INFINITY :{

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
I actually wanted to have "Saga" since that's what each chapter is referred to in the English speaking DBZ fanbase, but I only used Arc 'coz it fits and doesn't run off the page easily >:
DO IT! It's so nostalgic
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN