machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
machomuu said:
Guys, let's not fight. It's just a name.

This isn't fighting. I'm simply saying if he doesn't like it, he can change it himself.
I agreed with kosheh on what it should be. I may have translated it, but it's his translation. He can do what he wants with it.
Not yet, but it will surly escalate into one.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Not yet, but it will surly escalate into one.

Thank God for psychic visions of the future.
rolleyes.gif

Good luck kosheh. If you need anything else, just PM me.

oniryuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey when i play the game it seems slower gameplay then the trailer and stuff on youtube any problem?

I have a r4-sdhc

Supersaiyan627

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been following this board for a while (great job by the way with the translations, kosheh!) but this is my first time posting.

Just wondering but does Videl, Android 18, and King Kai show up all twitchy in the character selection for anyone else? I noticed with my clean ROM they show up fine, and when I apply the patch, that's when the problem shows up (I've tried the patch on several ROMs and same problem)

But yeah, I wanted to know if anyone is experiencing this or if it's just me? Thanks!

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supersaiyan627 said:
Hi, I've been following this board for a while (great job by the way with the translations, kosheh!) but this is my first time posting.

Just wondering but does Videl, Android 18, and King Kai show up all twitchy in the character selection for anyone else? I noticed with my clean ROM they show up fine, and when I apply the patch, that's when the problem shows up (I've tried the patch on several ROMs and same problem)

But yeah, I wanted to know if anyone is experiencing this or if it's just me? Thanks!
Twitchy? Really?

That's really interesting. In my copy they don't - do they twitch out in gameplay, too?

EDIT: Just figured I'd post my progress while I'm at it. I don't mean to be an ass by posting the exact same screen as Elza posted with all my work so far; but TBH neither of us can really get anywhere past episode 1 lol (there's an issue with loading our saves in DeSmuMe; I have all the characters unlocked and stuff)

but yeah
dragonballkaiultimatebuz.png

STORYLICIOUS

All the first chapter's episodes' names and synopses are translated. I'm going to remove "Arc", "saga" etc. from the names though, I simply don't have enough room in the ROM and I don't wanna be pointering things into empty space for chance that I destroy the game's code lol

that and the text seriously doesn't fit in that area as well as I'd like it to

Also, hope you guys don't mind me turning at least one of the What-If mission names into more interesting ones lol.
I tried to be clever as I could and I tried to stay relevant to the subject matter.
tl;dr each What If so far has one throwaway title

But: What-Ifs seem to flip-flop in first and third person synopses
They're more colloquial than the canon story synopses x)

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I wanna translate the Challenge Mode descriptions, but they make absolutely no sense at all.
Maybe a native Japanese speaker could make more sense out of this than I can.
QUOTE said:
????????????????
???????????????
?????????????

Sorry, but if you can`t understand something like that, I don`t think you should be doing a translation in the first place.

EDIT, to blahkamehameha

1. I`m a girl.
2. Do you have a problem with me being correct?

For one, I don`t steal projects.

Secondly, my point still stands. If you can`t understand something as simple as those lines, you`re not going to get far.

And don`t bother replying. I`m doing dealing with people like you.

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^...

Security. Toss this guy out.

EDIT:

1.) Toss this girl out.
2.) kosheh is doing a great job. If you understand Japanese so much better, then are you going to make us a patch? Thought not.

"I'm doing dealing"? Perhaps japanese is your expertise, and not english.

EpicKitteh

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Kosheh, im a new guy here. I dont have any idea about rom hacking and stuff. But i can translate
smile.gif
do you need a member on your team? if you want to i'll be available*.

*=I can only translate
smile.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all act as if none of you are trolling by responding.
She's not even entering the thread anymore, so what was the whole point of that?
Flaming is just as much against the rules, but you don't seem to be bothered with that.
You can't justify flaming either.

Good job on that guys, real good job
rolleyes.gif

Nathan: You're not psychic.

I think both sides would make a great patch if their threads didn't have so much drama piled on top of the good stuff.

Kosheh, a bunch of your translations are wrong. Like, completely. The first line of the description in the screenshot isn't what the Japanese says.
In another section you have "Yamcha Evolution", but... That makes no sense. The Japanese says "??????", ?? means "to be revived/resurrected".

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
EpicKitteh said:
Kosheh, im a new guy here. I dont have any idea about rom hacking and stuff. But i can translate
smile.gif
do you need a member on your team? if you want to i'll be available*.

*=I can only translate
smile.gif

The first test. Can you translate this:

QUOTE????????????????
???????????????
?????????????

Haha. I won't speak for Kosheh, as I'm not Kosheh. I'm not sure if he is still having problems with it or not. It being translating challenge descriptions and such.

@phoenixgoddess27: The ones who say they aren't coming back are the ones who always check back. Saying you won't come back to the thread is basically lighting up a big 'ol sign that says "I care and actually will be checking back."

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Kosheh, a bunch of your translations are wrong. Like, completely. The first line of the description in the screenshot isn't what the Japanese says.
In another section you have "Yamcha Evolution", but... That makes no sense. The Japanese says "??????", ?? means "to be revived/resurrected".
I know. :{
That's paraphrased because I couldn't get it to fit. That and I didn't want it to be *too* close to Elza's description. :3c
IIRC The literal translation is "The battle with Piccolo! It's a peaceful world until an enemy appears..."

phoenixgoddess27 said:
kosheh said:
Also, hope you guys don't mind me turning at least one of the What-If mission names into more interesting ones lol.
I tried to be clever as I could and I tried to stay relevant to the subject matter.
tl;dr each What If so far has one throwaway title

But: What-Ifs seem to flip-flop in first and third person synopses
They're more colloquial than the canon story synopses x)
You stumbled upon the first and only throwaway title. x) The reference should be kinda obvious for that one.

I originally called the mission "Rez'd Yamcha" in my patch since I couldn't fit in "Yamcha Resurrected" and I thought it was pretty silly. So I changed it to something that would fit.
Now that I know how to fit it I'll probably change it back. >:

QUOTE(Inori @ Feb 19 2011, 12:17 AM)
For one, I don`t steal projects.

Secondly, my point still stands. If you can`t understand something as simple as those lines, you`re not going to get far.
ARGH I'VE BEEN FLAMED THANKS A LOT NOW I FEEL LIKE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH WHAT AM I GOING TO DO

1) I didn't steal the project from Elza. It's more, well
Someone was very adamant on not allowing help, and since I had a reasonable amount done myself. Rather than let it go to waste, I posted it. :3c
People liked my work, so I continued. When people asked for more,
I was totally boned on the offsets for some things, so I used some of Elza's translated stuff to help me find the offsets. And I did.
But later on I didn't realize that I missed a few spots and Elza publicized it :{

2) I didn't know I needed romhacking experience AND fluency in Japanese to translate a game. Thanks for the tip!
PROTIP: Elza doesn't know the language either. That's why you're helping him with his translation after all, right?

If this was a hacking requirement I'd say we're all pretty screwed and half of GBAtemp should give up their projects. :E

but that'd be kinda silly so I'm gonna go back to goofing around with these pointers
oh, and by the way, not gonna cut corners: there's a pretty valid reason why I stated I wasn't translating the story mode in the first place. You've pretty much nailed said reason. x3

That's why I'm posting text dumps; so others can help me with it. If they want it, they can pitch in and help out. :3c

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also make it "Yamcha's Revival" it's shorter.

QUOTE said:
IIRC The literal translation is "The battle with Piccolo! It's a peaceful world until an enemy appears..."

Haha, nope, doesn't say that either.
"It's been five years since Goku's battle with Piccolo." The last part is right.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
You could also make it "Yamcha's Revival" it's shorter.

QUOTE said:

Haha, nope, doesn't say that either.
"It's been five years since Goku's battle with Piccolo." The last part is right.
Oh, thanks.
Mind if I append that? :3c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON