Hacking Another C2-12828-1 error thread, maybe new questions

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I spent quite some quality time this year doing 3DS CFW installs, and it was going so great that I decided to look into PS Vita CFW.
Received a 2nd hand console last weekend and I went right into it, following the vita.hacks.guide flawlessly : console downgraded to 3.60 -> Henkaku -> Enso.

It was all going ok until I tried launching an FBA rom through Retroarch, I selected what could have been an incorrect core, and I got the infamous C2-12828-1 error for the first time.
I read and read, sometimes really worrying information : it gets worse and worse, eventually bricking the console....

The thing is I didn't get the error while doing the CFW install with the browser, I got it way later when I was trying to launch a game. Then I got the error again on Chocolate Doom, just wouldn't launch anymore. Then, after a couple of days without a problem, the error came back in the middle of a game of GTA Liberty City Stories (I was in the settings, configuring the graphics for smoother operation, as seen in a youtube tutorial)

Everytime it happened I rebooted into safe mode, rebuilt the database, deleted the cookies and history in the browser, did all I could gather from my various reading (already playing without bluetooth and wifi).

I still don't understand exactly how the CFW works with the Vita, so I'm sorry if my following questions sound noobish :

- Can I format the PS Vita memory card without having to start the CFW install all over again? Would it help at all? (I use a SD2VITA, so the system is booting from the SD card I guess)

- If I have to format the memory card and my sd card (or change for a new one), is there a way of copying all my downloaded stuff that I spent four days 10+ hours a day working on (PKGj is nice but it's slow picking one game at a time) ?
Are the games console specific like the 3DS or can I just copy the content of certain folders and they'll show up on the new system?

It feels kind of awkward : I'm not quite sure the system is even reliable after spending so much time on it, any help would be tremendously appreciated :)

Thanks for reading!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I spent quite some quality time this year doing 3DS CFW installs, and it was going so great that I decided to look into PS Vita CFW.
Received a 2nd hand console last weekend and I went right into it, following the vita.hacks.guide flawlessly : console downgraded to 3.60 -> Henkaku -> Enso.

It was all going ok until I tried launching an FBA rom through Retroarch, I selected what could have been an incorrect core, and I got the infamous C2-12828-1 error for the first time.
I read and read, sometimes really worrying information : it gets worse and worse, eventually bricking the console....

The thing is I didn't get the error while doing the CFW install with the browser, I got it way later when I was trying to launch a game. Then I got the error again on Chocolate Doom, just wouldn't launch anymore. Then, after a couple of days without a problem, the error came back in the middle of a game of GTA Liberty City Stories (I was in the settings, configuring the graphics for smoother operation, as seen in a youtube tutorial)

Everytime it happened I rebooted into safe mode, rebuilt the database, deleted the cookies and history in the browser, did all I could gather from my various reading (already playing without bluetooth and wifi).

I still don't understand exactly how the CFW works with the Vita, so I'm sorry if my following questions sound noobish :

- Can I format the PS Vita memory card without having to start the CFW install all over again? Would it help at all? (I use a SD2VITA, so the system is booting from the SD card I guess)

- If I have to format the memory card and my sd card (or change for a new one), is there a way of copying all my downloaded stuff that I spent four days 10+ hours a day working on (PKGj is nice but it's slow picking one game at a time) ?
Are the games console specific like the 3DS or can I just copy the content of certain folders and they'll show up on the new system?

It feels kind of awkward : I'm not quite sure the system is even reliable after spending so much time on it, any help would be tremendously appreciated :)

Thanks for reading!
Maybe the vita was dropped way to many times of previous owner?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the REFOOD & NODRM plugin
.. Using Autoplugin app... & refresh licenses and live-area using Vitashell... Might fix the issue.. I had the same error code and this is what fixed it for me & I removed iTLS Enso. From my Vita as well
Lastly double make sure you only have 1 TAI folder if you have two of them.. They will conflict and cause issues.... If you are using Sd2vita you should have 1 TAI folder in ur0.... If you have another one in UrX delete it and restart

Last edited by SuperDan,

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks SuperDan, I alreay had reFOOD installed, and NoNPDRM has 2 plugins, I had the first one installed and I tried installing the second one (unofficial), so now I have both installed.
I did the Vitashell refresh operations : should you do that on a regular basis or once and for all?

I didn't have iTLS Enso, well at least it doesn't ring a bell. Is there a way of checking what apps are installed on the Vita, like a list of apps of some sort? Or should I just scrutinize the LiveArea?

I only had one tai folder, I remember deleting one when I did the CFW install so that may have been it.

I 'm not too worried about the aspect of the Vita, Shadow#1 : it looks clean and well groomed, no scratches either on the screen or on the shell itself, didn't come with a case but definitely looks ok. The only issue was the back touchpad which didn't work : I opened the back panel, unplugged / replugged the touchpad and it worked. Could that have caused an issue?

Reactions: SuperDan

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks SuperDan, I alreay had reFOOD installed, and NoNPDRM has 2 plugins, I had the first one installed and I tried installing the second one (unofficial), so now I have both installed.
I did the Vitashell refresh operations : should you do that on a regular basis or once and for all?

I didn't have iTLS Enso, well at least it doesn't ring a bell. Is there a way of checking what apps are installed on the Vita, like a list of apps of some sort? Or should I just scrutinize the LiveArea?

I only had one tai folder, I remember deleting one when I did the CFW install so that may have been it.

I 'm not too worried about the aspect of the Vita, Shadow#1 : it looks clean and well groomed, no scratches either on the screen or on the shell itself, didn't come with a case but definitely looks ok. The only issue was the back touchpad which didn't work : I opened the back panel, unplugged / replugged the touchpad and it worked. Could that have caused an issue?
Yep that def sounds like it has been dropped

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah i check my plugins simply by looking what ive installed using Autoplugin app becareful too having to many plugins is bad news for the vita ,,i put so many that i kept getting GPU CRASH on my vita screen .. so keep it simple it could be as simple as a ribbon is loose or the motherboard is not sitting right on the inside ...maybe ... ?
Vitashell refresh when you add new games .. triple make sure when using autoplugin app that you install ONLY TO ur0 or that willl mess up things also ..been there done that >><<

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can copy and paste your content, just make sure that you have it to where it shows hidden files and os files to get everything off the sd card or memory card. you shouldn't have to reinstall cfw. boot_plugins.txt is on ur0 where your config.txt and all plugins should be. you can rebuild the tai config.txt by resetting it in henkaku settings if something is wrong there. that's most likely the problem.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will try to rebuild the tai config thank you godreborn.

Something might be fishy with this console, every time I pick it up something else fails... I tried Ratchet Collection, and these white lines come and go.
IMG_20201111_144457.jpg

I'm uninstalling it and trying a different file from PKGj.

Shadow#1 maybe someone used this console as a football :)

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will try to rebuild the tai config thank you godreborn.

Something might be fishy with this console, every time I pick it up something else fails... I tried Ratchet Collection, and these white lines come and go.
View attachment 233560

I'm uninstalling it and trying a different file from PKGj.

Shadow#1 maybe someone used this console as a football :)
It's not the game that's causing that

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the moment the Vita Ratchet games are the only ones where the lines appear. I tried installing the 1, 2 and 3 games from the collection separately, but the lines are still there.
I tried the PSP Ratchet games and they seem to be ok, no lines.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the motherboard is loose >>>> or something inside <<<<<

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For the moment the Vita Ratchet games are the only ones where the lines appear. I tried installing the 1, 2 and 3 games from the collection separately, but the lines are still there.
I tried the PSP Ratchet games and they seem to be ok, no lines.
oh just read this .............. that is strange >?

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
At launch the Vita Ratchet games display a small message in the top left corner saying the graphics were rescaled, maybe that's something to look into.

I could open the console up again but the number of connectors scared me, maybe I'll do that eventually.

Is there an app to test the screen? I did a search but could only find hardware test for buttons...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. if there is one, you might be able to find it with the homebrew browser. if you have an older version, you may have to delete its cache in the data folder first.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is the cache file named : homebrews.yaml ?

I can't use retroarch either because of the C2-12828-1 error, should I also delete a cache file?

Edit : I'm deleting the whole HBbrowser and Retroarch folders, since I have uninstalled the apps it should be ok...

Last edited by LVG,

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried another game with the rescaler message at launch, gravity rush, and the graphics look laggy...
The message is this :
IMG_20201111_162116.jpg

does this come from a plugin? Can I disable it in some way?

Last edited by LVG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup