Hacking Another C2-12828-1 error thread, maybe new questions

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it could be your config.txt. did you post that somewhere? what does it look like?

I used the config.txt from my sd card (in data folder), looks like this :

# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
*main
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I looked for the config.txt in the ur0:tai folder and it looks like this :
Config txt.jpg

The very last line 0032 reRescaler might be what's causing an issue for graphics, but I have no idea where it comes from, is it a plugin? I used a native resolution patch for GTA in the PSP plugins I don't know if that's the one.

I noticed that there is a reRescaler.suprx file in the tai folder, but again I don't know where it comes from and would like to try to disable it.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what nonpdrm_un.skprx is.

it's a plugin that was advised to me in post #3 to bypass DRM protection on vita content (description from autoplugin)

I found a lead for the reRescaler.suprx plugin, it may be linked to the ioplus plugin, I'm uninstalling it and retry the games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it sounds like a kernel plugin is responsible for these errors. I don't know what some of them are.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, you might want to use yamt. it's like storage manager but faster. it doesn't save to your config.txt, which I think is the reason it's faster. it saves to your boot_config.txt. it's dangerous to mess with (boot_config.txt), but the installer will do the work for you. even deleting the boot_config.txt won't cause a brick though, so I wouldn't worry. it's safe enough.

I use the lite version which is mass storage and ux0 only I believe. it's made by @Aurora Wright who did luma on the 3ds, so it's good quality.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
storage manager is the plugin from autoplugin to use the SD2VITA adapter, right?

I looked up yamt : it says uninstall the previous driver : so should I uninstall the storage manager plugin from autoplugin?

Is it safe to just uninstall the storage manager plugin?

EDIT : the ioplus plugin uninstall did nothing, Ratchet and Gravity still rescale at launch, I don't understand why.

Last edited by LVG,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it allows using an sd card, yes. from what I remember, that warning is for previous yamt installs. I don't remember if it's needed for other drivers like that. you're on 3.60 so you should be safe if you do have to uninstall storagemanager.

the config.txt in ux0 should override the one on ur0, so even if it requires that, you should be okay.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed yamt, lite version, it restarted and rebuilt the database : all the homebrew apps are gone, it must read from the memory card instead of the sd card. Don't know how to fix it, I messed up; will try safe mode, but without any homebrew app the system cannot boot on the sd card...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's odd. it should read from the micro sd card first, then the memory card. does it show up in boot_plugins.txt?

upload_2020-11-11_11-11-26.png

upload_2020-11-11_11-11-52.png

upload_2020-11-11_11-12-5.png

this is how mine looks.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can I retrieve some files (config.txt or other ones) from a save I made earlier?
If I have to start from scratch, I think I won't be able to do it, just not worth the time and effort.
Every step forward I seem to go back two steps, this is like quicksand!

Last edited by LVG,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see what happens if you put the config.txt in ux0:tai. I don't know if it will override boot_plugins.txt, but I know it will override ur0:tai in case of a mistake.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It looks like an unmodded vita at startup, the system asks me to update the system to use the memory card (never seen this before).

It still starts up with my custom boot screen, and still has henkaku settings in the settings, which I don't understand.

Last edited by LVG,

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's ok, the trouble was the spoofed version in the henkaku settings, all my apps are back.

Now I can go back to find why I have white lines in Ratchet, and the infamous C2-12828-1 error!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I can suggest is to remove each plugin one at a time. it's tedious, but I think one of the plugins is causing the issue.

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, the first time I got the error I didn't know what plugins are, I just installed Autoplugin for the storage manager (to boot on the sd2vita adapter. I discovered the plugins a couple of days later, I thought they might help so I installed about ten of them.

Hey godreborn, I wanna thank you for helping me throughout the day, thanks for all the ideas and spending the time with a helpless noob!! But I'm learning

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I looked for the config.txt in the ur0:tai folder and it looks like this :
View attachment 233598
The very last line 0032 reRescaler might be what's causing an issue for graphics, but I have no idea where it comes from, is it a plugin? I used a native resolution patch for GTA in the PSP plugins I don't know if that's the one.

I noticed that there is a reRescaler.suprx file in the tai folder, but again I don't know where it comes from and would like to try to disable it.

as far as i know the gta patch doesnt install rescaler...but rescaler causes these white lines in the r and c games.....worst for me is in r and c 2 half of the screen is glitched white most if time

Last edited by Purple_Heart,
Reactions: LVG and godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn