Hardware Announcing the amiiqo - Switch amiibo's with ease!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant believe no one has dumped Chibi Robo amiibo yet.

The game has its flaws and it has even less content if you buy it digitally since there is no way of buying the amiibo separately without getting the physical bundle. I would save your money if you were on the fence about this title, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer was a shallow game too, didnt even make good use of the cards.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chibi Robo amiibo finally got dumped, just giving a heads up. About time too.

Can Amiiqo be used to edit the data on it? Like make them better fighters in Super Smash, I thought this was going to be added in the near future unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did say they were planning on something like that. Hopefully an editor will come out soon. They should be updating the site soon as it's been over a week since their last post and they said they would update within a week.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've sent you a PM, hopefully I can get it sorted out quickly.
Hi there,

sadly it seems like I got the same problems with this.

I got two amiibo datas for the test. What exactly should I do to switch characters? It seems so random.

At the moment I hold the button of the amiiqo down and scan it with my NFC Scanner (The one for 3DS), then let it go as it loads. Does not really work.. damn, I was so exited. : (

For clarification: Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work to switch characters. I tested it with 5 amiibos and it jumps carefree around between them even if I click only 1 time.

Okay, now it switches characters, but only totally random. What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited by Bimmel,

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I hate about the amiiqo is that I keep losing the darn thing. I blinged it out and that didn't help. I'm about to put a toy on it so that it's easier to find or remember to grab.

Oh also the app needs a huge overhaul. But that I'm hoping is coming soonish...

edit: Looks like it's 100% gone this time... :(

Last edited by deloreancowboy,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When my amiiqo is not in use I place it on top of my NFC reader, the cylinder scanner that came packed with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (its a shit game btw, buyers beware.) Only you can remember where you put it last, think real hard what you did with it last. Clean up your room or whatever area you play games in. Worst case scanario you buy another one and at least you can use a 2nd one as a backup.

I'm really hoping for that cheat support soon, it doesnt even have to be great at first. Give it basic crap like instant level 50 then gradually add in the good stuff like have xxxxx skill equipped in Super Smash.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, has anyone been able to decrypt/analyze the Chibi-Robo amiibo files to see if the data structure lines up with the ones of the Smash Bros. line?

Last edited by epicmartin7,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of amiiqo is not portability (are you saying amiibos aren't portable?) but the convenience they offer. The fact that it can store up to 200 unique amiibo is impressive. Why is portability such an importance? Where would you need to go with this aside from home?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Attach one of those things you can get for finding your keys to it. So next time you lose it you can whistle or clap or press a button on your smartphone or some shit.

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would like to add support for standard USB NFC reader/writer devices to my Amiiqo Manager (video) software for Windows. It currently only supports a $14 DIY NFC reader/writer solution. If you have an Amiiqo and a standard USB NFC reader/writer device, then please PM me.

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a month since their last update. I would suggest everyone work with _Tim_ to make an alternate way of controlling the device before development is officially dead.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from cheat support what more do you want/expect from this?

I think they are going to rebrand it and it will support Skylanders and Lego Dimensions, at least that is what it seems like they are referencing. Having one Toys to Life bit for all three games will be great. It will eat Maxlander's lunch as it doesn't have write limitations, and I'm assuming the price will drop even further with scale, because the marketplace for something that does all three (or even Amiibo + one of the others) is much larger.

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Set my own images for the files (especially ones they have missing)
2. Set which bin is active
3. Know which bin is active (tap the device and the image pops up)
4. Mass set bins (select the bins you want on the device and then hold the device to the NFC reader until they're all set)
5. Set the folder that bins save to
6 Set the bin names automatically (instead of saving the bin as 04899a42983c0.bin save as [SSB] Mario (NA).bin)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU