Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appear to have lost my saves after upgrading to 2.1. Of course, I have them backed up. Is it possible for me to insert the 1.2 firmware and re-use those old save games?

I've heard of a lot of people who have had the same problem going from 1.2 to Omega. I haven't heard about a work around, although I haven't combed through the different forums to research it. Have you checked out the "official Gateway forum" on Maxconsole? That is where I heard the most about it (really didn't start browsing this thread until recently.)

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've heard of a lot of people who have had the same problem going from 1.2 to Omega. I haven't heard about a work around, although I haven't combed through the different forums to research it. Have you checked out the "official Gateway forum" on Maxconsole? That is where I heard the most about it (really didn't start browsing this thread until recently.)

Thanks. I don't really need those saves to work with Omega though. I was just wondering if I can go back to 1.2, complete the game, and then return to Omega.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I don't really need those saves to work with Omega though. I was just wondering if I can go back to 1.2, complete the game, and then return to Omega.

I honestly don't know that answer since the card was updated when Omega was installed. If it wasn't for that, I would say yes since there were so many people that downgraded during the bricking scare (I just left mine on beta 2 and avoided the diagnostics menu, so I am only going off of what I read on other forums.)

Sorry I can't be of much help, but maybe somebody else knows the answer if you decide not to try it right away.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the other guy said, once you update to Omega, you can't go back.

I can't comment on 1.2, but I went from 1.1a (which I believe is different than 1.2) and my saves worked just fine.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Check the wiki but AFAIK only Bravely Default saves are incompatible between 1.x-2.x firmwares. Other games should be fine.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Holy wow that's a lot of deleted posts 3Ds

Anyways I'm not sure if the 1.2 bravely default save will work on 2,1

I was going to test something our if someone can pm me a bravely default save created on 1.2

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Holy wow that's a lot of deleted posts 3Ds

Anyways I'm not sure if the 1.2 bravely default save will work on 2,1

I was going to test something our if someone can pm me a bravely default save created on 1.2
BD is the only game whose save from 1.2 does not work on 2.X

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, there are already 128gb MicroSDs?! I better look it up.

EDIT: Haha, that thing came out only a month ago. I don't think they even sell them in New Zealand retails yet.

Costs like a SSD too, which I suppose only makes sense.

Be VERY WARY of fake MSD cards... If the price seems too good to be true then avoid like the plague. Fake carts are leading to some weird issues. Always buy form a reputable source :)

Off-topic: Wow 30+ removed posts in a row.... You guys have gone into Over-drive. Chillax it's a Sunday ;)

Reactions: Queno138

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I now have a legit MSD (tested on h2testw) and it's reading all roms perfectly, my other fake one wasn't unfortunately. I was just wondering is there any special thing i need to do to save on the two NAND based save games as I've started AC:NL 3 times now and it always makes me start over, It doesn't seem to be saving for me, I've tried the home>x>a save method. Thanks.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I now have a legit MSD (tested on h2testw) and it's reading all roms perfectly, my other fake one wasn't unfortunately. I was just wondering is there any special thing i need to do to save on the two NAND based save games as I've started AC:NL 3 times now and it always makes me start over, It doesn't seem to be saving for me, I've tried the home>x>a save method. Thanks.
Don't trim the roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: