Homebrew [ANNOUNCE] Yellows8 has updated the 3ds_browserhax_common to support >=9.9 O3DS, n3DS

Viris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I did not understand how to use the old 3ds browserhax of 9.9 . I scan the qrcode but nothing

Instead the themehax how it works?

Last edited by Viris,

geocool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok themehax is really nice. When 3DS boots you hold L and it loads the homebrew launcher.
The only downside is that I lost my theme but I think if I build with "THEMEDATA_PATH" as yellow8 writes in github instructions I will have Theme+Hack.
I think theme manager is not useful anymore.

Edit:
From https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax README
the gfx for the theme doesn't display properly due to the hax. BGM works fine, therefore this should only used for BGM-only themes

So basic theme + only background music ?

Last edited by geocool,
Reactions: Margen67

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
You can only have bgm + themehax, you can't get a picture theme which seems like the biggest downside.
Looking into browserhax, you need to do some fiddling with wifi to make it happen on n3ds so I guess themehax is the best way to go.
On o3ds I think browserhax is probably better though, since it's just as easy and you get to keep themes.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only have bgm + themehax, you can't get a picture theme which seems like the biggest downside.
Looking into browserhax, you need to do some fiddling with wifi to make it happen on n3ds so I guess themehax is the best way to go.
On o3ds I think browserhax is probably better though, since it's just as easy and you get to keep themes.
Fiddling with the wifi? I just clicked the link on the page and it loaded.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiddling with the wifi? I just clicked the link on the page and it loaded.
hax said:
The following QR-code can be scanned by a 3DS for accessing the previously mentioned URL(do not use this on New3DS without reading the info from the browserhax_fright repo first)
github said:
The exploit will automatically trigger when loading the mp4, no user-input needed once mp4-loading is started. There must be less than 3 open browser tabs when running this exploit, not including the tab for the mp4. Direct QR-code scanning with an URL for this exploit can't be done due to this. This is caused by an assert due to a memory allocation failure, presumably because of the heap corruption done by this exploit.
To bypass this issue with QR-code scanning, or to setup the browser so that it auto-loads the exploit, you can do the following:
  • 1) Disable wifi.
  • 2) Scan the QR-code in Home Menu, or goto the target URL in the browser.
  • 3) Exit the browser and re-enable wifi.
  • 4) Launch the browser. By just launching the browser(with the current URL set to the mp4), the exploit will automatically trigger without any more user-input.
I tried manually closing all the tabs and loading it, but it doesn't work. Then I tried disabling the wifi, putting it in then enabling the wifi as instructed and I still get nothing? I guess I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I need to turn off the tubehax DNS (I don't really see why that would matter, but hey worth a shot.)
I get a yellow screen, but then return to home menu. Maybe it's set up for US, not EU.

Last edited by ~Poke~,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried manually closing all the tabs and loading it, but it doesn't work. Then I tried disabling the wifi, putting it in then enabling the wifi as instructed and I still get nothing? I guess I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I need to turn off the tubehax DNS (I don't really see why that would matter, but hey worth a shot.)
I get a yellow screen, but then return to home menu. Maybe it's set up for US, not EU.
Don't use the QR code. Just click the link on the bottom of the page.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use the QR code. Just click the link on the bottom of the page.
http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php
I manually typed that in. It really does seem to be running something since I get the video loading, followed by yellow then grey bottom screen. But after that, nothing. The only difference between our systems seems to be US/EU so I think that's probably it?

geocool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have some problems with the themehax.

ftBRONY works
blagSnes works
yeti3DS works
RegionFree launcher works

Asteroids 3D doesn't work
CitrAGB doesn't work
GameYob doesn't work
WhackMania doesn't work

I think that homebrews that are large don't work.
(those ones that with ironhax gave a blue screen when loading like when loading ironhax)

attachment.php

Also it froze to the "garbage" screen once. This sometimes happens with ironhax too.(whitescreen)

Last edited by geocool,

Viris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I did not understand how to use the old 3ds browserhax of 9.9 . I scan the qrcode but nothing

Instead the themehax how it works?

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php
I manually typed that in. It really does seem to be running something since I get the video loading, followed by yellow then grey bottom screen. But after that, nothing. The only difference between our systems seems to be US/EU so I think that's probably it?
Did you close all your tabs? It doesn't matter if you are EU/US.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you close all your tabs? It doesn't matter if you are EU/US.
Yep, only one tab with the video.
To clarify: Do I need anything browserhax related on the SD card? The repos all look to be web-side code to me but maybe I'm reeeaally misunderstanding something.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by teampleb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users