Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djtaz said:
or do you have a video of the channel.

Great work Shizza and Neo - i did tell the lads at 0RANGECHiCKEN to get you on board - your good at all that type of stuff in fairness to you both.

Hope the research goes well and we see the results in the end with a how to , or an animated wadder
biggrin.gif

i second that i would be happy if my banners just flickered more than they currently do
smile.gif

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice leak.... Especially since It's the Wad Manger Channel I normally use, but with an Animation treat. Good Doggy

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think 0rangechicken have been taken advantage of before with someone taking credit for work they did and even if i could download a beta wad of theirs , out of respect i wouldnt.

Id prefer to wait for their official releases as i would do with Shizza and Neo (though i have even more respect for these lads as they know loads and are also very open and helpful with everything always)

I dont mind using apps or guides when im given them or they are uploaded officially , but when i have respect for a group or individuals i have no interest in unofficial pre-releases.

I did get a beta copyt of the backup loader before i was a member on this community , but i wouldnt have used it had i known how great people are in here.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think there's much to be upset about an animated graphic leak. It's not like they were making an application to automate making animated banners and their source code or application got leaked. But what the hell... if they get upset about it I have no problem putting the other channel back on. It seems like half of my channels change every day anyways. Consider it a teaser.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
i think 0rangechicken have been taken advantage of before with someone taking credit for work they did and even if i could download a beta wad of theirs , out of respect i wouldnt.

Id prefer to wait for their official releases as i would do with Shizza and Neo (though i have even more respect for these lads as they know loads and are also very open and helpful with everything always)

I dont mind using apps or guides when im given them or they are uploaded officially , but when i have respect for a group or individuals i have no interest in unofficial pre-releases.

I did get a beta copyt of the backup loader before i was a member on this community , but i wouldnt have used it had i known how great people are in here.
Thanks for that, djtaz. You're right, we have the ability to make animated banners using offical WW/disc banners as templates, but we're not releasing them at this time. The reason is, using WW/disc banners as our templates means using copywritten material. So what's the problem? Well, if you think about it like this: it's putting an illegal banner on a completely legal piece of homebrew. That's a bit contradictory, don't you think? We wouldn't disrespect someone's legal homebrew by packing it up in an illegal way.

We do plan to release animated banners in the future. Just that they'll be made by our own tools from scratch, and therefore be completely legal. So be patient and wait for what we're working on - if that's your thing. Or download stuff from these other guys that use template banners - if that's your thing. Everyone's got to figure out what's right and wrong for themselves. The official 0RANGECHiCKEN stance is to not put an illegal banner on someone else's homebrew.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
djtaz said:

Thanks for that, djtaz. You're right, we have the ability to make animated banners using offical WW/disc banners as templates, but we're not releasing them at this time. The reason is, using WW/disc banners as our templates means using copywritten material. So what's the problem? Well, if you think about it like this: it's putting an illegal banner on a completely legal piece of homebrew. That's a bit contradictory, don't you think? We wouldn't disrespect someone's legal homebrew by packing it up in an illegal way.

We do plan to release animated banners in the future. Just that they'll be made by our own tools from scratch, and therefore be completely legal. So be patient and wait for what we're working on - if that's your thing. Or download stuff from these other guys that use template banners - if that's your thing. Everyone's got to figure out what's right and wrong for themselves. The official 0RANGECHiCKEN stance is to not put an illegal banner on someone else's homebrew.

Well played.... Nice to hear somebody being civil and respectful about these kinds of things. +1

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
totaAs for me, I also won't release a channel with WW/disc code.
Just to make this clear.
I'm really looking forward to the tools of 0RANGECHICKEN.
I don't doubt they are working on some good thing.

friknfrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm gonna do more fine-tunning and also edit the icon/logo, and put my own sound in the channel.

The app is no big deal, but me learning how to work in my own images for the animation is a big deal to me

Then I'm sure I'll start figuring out how to build the channels from the gound up (creating the animation package)

A: I haven't released any of my modified works to others.
B: I WON'T be releasing "modified" works, only originals (once I get it all figured out).
C: I WON'T be releasing any form of info on how to create your own from scratch (again, once I get it down). Reason? Because I'm getting really grumpy about people wanting to abuse my educational investments with homebrew in general.

I'm focused on learning the in's and out's of the Wii, I don't give a damn about "playing backups" or "downloading VC titles" or any of that garbage.

I placed my findings here with the idea in mind that other people would gain more interest and also contribute with "original" works.

I entered the realm of Wii homebrew only recently. But programming, digital arts, and COMMUNITY are nothing new to me. The channel animations became an obsession of mine for the past few days and in that time I learned ALOT about their structure and methods.

Since people are obviously going to be using this info for releasing modified official channels, I'm done giving further info. I don't care to be linked to that.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
djtaz said:

Whats the difference between you using the illegal material and giving us the choice to use illegal material?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.