ROM Hack RELEASE Animal Crossing Pattern Tool + database - new version now live

0x9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This works well, but when you import the designs, the clothes they use are like a downgraded version (low poly, 3DS like) compared to the ones you normally create :\

It's not website fault though.

Thedafthatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thulinma I am having a problem with getting to the site!

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to acpatterns. com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Last edited by Thedafthatter,

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to cycle through random patterns on the website? I thought the refresh key did it however it doesn't work and tested on multiple devices. Would be nice to random designs. Also perhaps a way to filter what you want to see, as-well as multiple page search results

Last edited by coppertj,
Reactions: Nollog

sqybi

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm not expecting to get an answer with my following question but would like to have a try: may I kindly know how did you generate the QR code?
Some QR code parsing libraries, such as pyzbar, cannot parse the generated QR code correctly (I believe zbar is the same). What's more, when I tried to create a version 19 QR Code with the parsed data, my Nintendo Switch Online app always said that the QR code is invalid. I have tried with different correction levels, but all of them didn't work.
Finally, I really appreciate that you created such a fantastic tool, no matter if you would answer my question or not. Thanks a lot!

PS bug report: the transparent color cannot be shown correctly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. (Type: Normal Pattern)

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not expecting to get an answer with my following question but would like to have a try: may I kindly know how did you generate the QR code?
Some QR code parsing libraries, such as pyzbar, cannot parse the generated QR code correctly (I believe zbar is the same). What's more, when I tried to create a version 19 QR Code with the parsed data, my Nintendo Switch Online app always said that the QR code is invalid. I have tried with different correction levels, but all of them didn't work.
Finally, I really appreciate that you created such a fantastic tool, no matter if you would answer my question or not. Thanks a lot!

PS bug report: the transparent color cannot be shown correctly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. (Type: Normal Pattern)

okay someone asked a similar question as yours and i believe the creator responded back on discord on this error thing -he stated this; if a qr code you make doesn't scan or work on the game at all it will not work at all. -no matter how many times you do it it won't work sadly. you can go to their discord and check them out if you want to??

Thulinma

Computer Magician
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
any plans to open source this one?
Yeah! The repo will go public in ~5-10 days from now or so. We want to do some fixes and cleanup first. ^_^

is there a way to cycle through random patterns on the website? I thought the refresh key did it however it doesn't work and tested on multiple devices. Would be nice to random designs. Also perhaps a way to filter what you want to see, as-well as multiple page search results
It does cycle between random designs - but because of the absurd level of popularity, we had to add some pretty aggressive caching settings. This means it randomizes every ~5 minutes instead of every refresh. Pagination, filters, and a list of "most recent" as well as "most popular" patterns are all coming soon, as well!

AC uses "data" type QR codes, which are not supported by most QR reading/writing libraries. We are using a significantly edited/tweaked version of the ZXing QR library, ported to TypeScript. You can find our modified version here: https://github.com/Thulinma/zxing-js-library
The pro designs furthermore use multi-part QR codes, which are supported by almost no libraries at all. We had to add that support, and it's in the same repo.
Regarding your bug report: transparency generally only shows in-game when placed on the ground or as face paint. And the NSO application doesn't show it correctly, but it should work in-game just fine.

sqybi

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah! The repo will go public in ~5-10 days from now or so. We want to do some fixes and cleanup first. ^_^

It does cycle between random designs - but because of the absurd level of popularity, we had to add some pretty aggressive caching settings. This means it randomizes every ~5 minutes instead of every refresh. Pagination, filters, and a list of "most recent" as well as "most popular" patterns are all coming soon, as well!

AC uses "data" type QR codes, which are not supported by most QR reading/writing libraries. We are using a significantly edited/tweaked version of the ZXing QR library, ported to TypeScript. You can find our modified version here:
<url>
The pro designs furthermore use multi-part QR codes, which are supported by almost no libraries at all. We had to add that support, and it's in the same repo.
Regarding your bug report: transparency generally only shows in-game when placed on the ground or as face paint. And the NSO application doesn't show it correctly, but it should work in-game just fine.

You are so kind and the tool is absolutely amazing! Very glad to see that you'd like to open-source this tool.

Although I'm not a frontend developer, I'd still like to try my best to contribute. Maybe we could have more fantastic features, e.g., split a picture to 4 / 8 / 16 sub-images. Now I must finish it by my Python script and upload it to the website one-by-one, which is wasting my time every day.
I tried to upload the images with a headless browser before but failed because I need to upload the picture from my local drive, and I'm not sure if I could finish that with the headless browser.

Thulinma

Computer Magician
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are so kind and the tool is absolutely amazing! Very glad to see that you'd like to open-source this tool.

Although I'm not a frontend developer, I'd still like to try my best to contribute. Maybe we could have more fantastic features, e.g., split a picture to 4 / 8 / 16 sub-images. Now I must finish it by my Python script and upload it to the website one-by-one, which is wasting my time every day.
I tried to upload the images with a headless browser before but failed because I need to upload the picture from my local drive, and I'm not sure if I could finish that with the headless browser.
This exact feature is under development! But we're first adding support for the new ACNH-style pattern format to the tool.

scottsimon1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any thoughts on using this on mobile? I’m able to get the search functionality working on a computer but not on mobile (specifically, iOS)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any thoughts on using this on mobile? I’m able to get the search functionality working on a computer but not on mobile (specifically, iOS)
Actually - it might just be Safari (or maybe webkit?). On Mac, it won't work on Safari but will work in MS Edge. On iOS Ive tried it on Chrome, Safari, and Edge and none work.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we could do this without needing an online membership it would be fantastic
research is being done for this right now. this was possible before the 1.1.1 update with HorizonCrypt and some hex editing and some impromptu in game fixes to the imported designs but now HorizonCrypt has to be updated for the 1.1.1 update and doing things the hex editing way isn't possible without HorizonCrypt at the moment. There is a working save editor in development as well that has support for the 1.1.1 update, however it hasn't had design and pattern importing implemented. @Thulinma is potentially going to support injecting designs and patterns (with the encryption algorithm for the 1.1.1 update implemented) from the website straight into dumped save files acquired with JKSV so they can be then re-encrypted with the new designs and patterns added and then restored to the console with JKSV.

Reactions: jasonhk

Thulinma

Computer Magician
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually - it might just be Safari (or maybe webkit?). On Mac, it won't work on Safari but will work in MS Edge. On iOS Ive tried it on Chrome, Safari, and Edge and none work.
This was fixed last night ^_^

If we could do this without needing an online membership it would be fantastic
Working on it! We'll support both savegame editing (savegame export/import capability required) and paint-by-numbers style (for manually copying, if you don't want to use any type of hacking at all).

Classicaldonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is there anyway to get the correct data to use with our on computer designs? I would like to use computer to make the patterns and then transfer them to the switch but i want to be able to edit them in game, and have my correct details linked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1