ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm having issues with my game crashing when I change my Player 1 House size. I'm currently on size 04 but I want it maxed out at 07 so I don't have to go through the hassle of buying all the upgrades. However, everytime I inject my new .bin file and enter then exit my house, my game just crashes. I've already edited my houses roof, fence, door, and pavement but I just can't get the size to work. And yes, I've changed both sets of bytes for all factors.

Can you show me your HxD bytes, so that I can check if you have the right one? Some people confused house shape and house size, and since house shape does not have a 07 value, it's going to crash.​

Reactions: Cey

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you show me your HxD bytes, so that I can check if you have the right one? Some people confused house shape and house size, and since house shape does not have a 07 value, it's going to crash.​

I did some further testing with bytes and values. What I've found is the game will crash (at least mine does) when trying to jump straight to 07 house size. So I left that alone and continued to pay off my loans to upgrade the size. I changed the house shape value to 08 for the modern mansion. Upon upgrading the house to the final room needed for the shape upgrade, my game went into a repeated crash-reload when trying to load the game. I did a save restore and changed the shape byte back to regular mansion of 00 and the game loaded and works normally.

I'm guessing the game can't really process these things well. Having the shape pre-upgraded before the size messes with an order of operations or something. Just what I've found. I'm hoping to find a way to upgrade the house size without having to go through all the loans.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did some further testing with bytes and values. What I've found is the game will crash (at least mine does) when trying to jump straight to 07 house size. So I left that alone and continued to pay off my loans to upgrade the size. I changed the house shape value to 08 for the modern mansion. Upon upgrading the house to the final room needed for the shape upgrade, my game went into a repeated crash-reload when trying to load the game. I did a save restore and changed the shape byte back to regular mansion of 00 and the game loaded and works normally.

I'm guessing the game can't really process these things well. Having the shape pre-upgraded before the size messes with an order of operations or something. Just what I've found. I'm hoping to find a way to upgrade the house size without having to go through all the loans.

I've personally not tested values 07 and 08 for house shape, only for house size. I also never had problem with changing a house from size 01 to size 07.

For the house shape, 00, 01, 02 and 03 are the ones that I can confirm work.

00 is the mansion, 01 is the zen castle, 02 is the castle and 03 is the modern house. I'd tell you to stick to these to modify shapes, since I didn't test anything else.

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get froggestspirit's map editor to work. Every time I open the .exe, it immediately crashes. I have windows xp, would that have anything to do with it? :(
0WQgsru.png

Issy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I got the Map Editor and played around a bit, but when i loaded up the game there are these empty spaces where my rivers used to be before i moved them. I'm panicking does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Attachments

• HNI_0092.JPG
    HNI_0092.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 411

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've personally not tested values 07 and 08 for house shape, only for house size. I also never had problem with changing a house from size 01 to size 07.

For the house shape, 00, 01, 02 and 03 are the ones that I can confirm work.

00 is the mansion, 01 is the zen castle, 02 is the castle and 03 is the modern house. I'd tell you to stick to these to modify shapes, since I didn't test anything else.

What offset is the house size? I've been using the values in the Google doc and it doesn't seem to match up with what you're saying. It could be wrong. For example, the doc says that the modern house is 08 while you say its 03. That could also explain why my game crashed as 08 might not even be a valid byte.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

freezeryo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my problem, don't add more than 4 villagers in one edit, it'll make you freeze and crash.

tl dr; don't overload of things!

Reactions: Cey

Issy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I got the Map Editor and played around a bit, but when i loaded up the game there are these empty spaces where my rivers used to be before i moved them. I'm panicking! Does anyone know how I can get rid of them??

Attachments

• HNI_0094.JPG
    HNI_0094.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 329
  • HNI_0093.JPG
    HNI_0093.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 325
  • HNI_0092.JPG
    HNI_0092.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 310

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T
So I got the Map Editor and played around a bit, but when i loaded up the game there are these empty spaces where my rivers used to be before i moved them. I'm panicking! Does anyone know how I can get rid of them??
This is because all those cliffs are also "acres" but whoever made the acre editor didn't program in the ability to edit those acres. You would need to edit the outer-acres to fix those gaps, and I'm afraid I just don't know how, and the acre editor just doesn't have the capability (it's possible. it's just not programmed into it)

Don't worry too much, though. The game won't let you fall thru or anything like that.

Reactions: Issy

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What offset is the house size? I've been using the values in the Google doc and it doesn't seem to match up with what you're saying. It could be wrong. For example, the doc says that the modern house is 08 while you say its 03. That could also explain why my game crashed as 08 might not even be a valid byte.

I don't know why the data for the google doc is not right.

0x57e84 is house exterior size, max size is 07

0x57e85 is house exterior shape, for modern house, you need to use 03.

tumblr_nmappiTwrk1r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why the data for the google doc is not right.

0x57e84 is house exterior size, max size is 07

0x57e85 is house exterior shape, for modern house, you need to use 03.

tumblr_nmappiTwrk1r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

Soph, I noticed some values had gotten entered incorrectly (town fruit and town name) last week and had corrected them but then didn't think anything more of it (pressed for time). If the house ones are incorrect too -- Tidus and I will proof the entire sheet to make sure all the values are correct.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soph, I noticed some values had gotten entered incorrectly (town fruit and town name) last week and had corrected them but then didn't think anything more of it (pressed for time). If the house ones are incorrect too -- Tidus and I will proof the entire sheet to make sure all the values are correct.

Thanks a lot!

So yeah, I'm pretty sure the wrong value for the house shape is why it's crashing. This is a size 01 house I turned into a 07. Got no issues. :)

00 = Mansion
01 = Zen Castle
02 = Castle
03 = Modern House

It's like the other parts of the exterior, works with the samples in Nook's store :D

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol