ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

PeachyPrincess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is it possible to get this fixed: when changing a villager for example: fauna for marshal.
Other villagers will treat fauna as a Smug and they call her 'he' and 'him' she also sends the same type of letters as Smug villagers :/

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Can anyone PM me a town with player 2-3-4 patterns on ground?

Is it possible to get this fixed: when changing a villager for example: fauna for marshal.
Other villagers will treat fauna as a Smug and they call her 'he' and 'him' she also sends the same type of letters as Smug villagers :/
It can be fixed if someone sends me the missing default bytes for villagers.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
by that do you mean what isn't replaced when the villagers are switched??
if you want i can compile a list of the complete villager bytes (identifiers AND types)?
If you change a villager in the RAM editor, it gets his/her default catchphrase and home furniture, thanks to froggestspirit. However, it seems that gender and personality are not in the bytes he compiled :-(

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you change a villager in the RAM editor, it gets his/her default catchphrase and home furniture, thanks to froggestspirit. However, it seems that gender and personality are not in the bytes he compiled :-(

i think that the gender and personality are both in the last bit
(each villager is compiled of three bits, the first two identify the villager, the last one identifies personality which also includes gender)

example: chow is 09 00 02
however if i replace him with, say, pango (who, normally is 02 00 05), only the first two bits will be replaced and she'll end up being 02 00 02

the first two bits define pango herself, so she looks the same & her house is the same
but the last two bits, 02, identify her as cranky

00 is lazy
01 is jock
02 is cranky
03 is smug

04 is normal
05 is peppy
06 is snooty
07 is uchi

i'm like halfway through making a list of all the complete villager bits >_>
i'm at Queenie rn and i can message them to you when i'm done so that all you'll have to do is input them?

Reactions: Cey and marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
i think that the gender and personality are both in the last bit
(each villager is compiled of three bits, the first two identify the villager, the last one identifies personality which also includes gender)

example: chow is 09 00 02
however if i replace him with, say, pango (who, normally is 02 00 05), only the first two bits will be replaced and she'll end up being 02 00 02

the first two bits define pango herself, so she looks the same & her house is the same
but the last two bits, 02, identify her as cranky

00 is lazy
01 is jock
02 is cranky
03 is smug

04 is normal
05 is peppy
06 is snooty
07 is uchi

i'm like halfway through making a list of all the complete villager bits >_>
i'm at Queenie rn and i can message them to you when i'm done so that all you'll have to do is input them?
Well, I'd need to know where I have to place these bytes (yes, they are bytes, not bits ;-)). But I guess I can take a look at my own dumps for that.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'd need to know where I have to place these bytes (yes, they are bytes, not bits ;-)). But I guess I can take a look at my own dumps for that.

that part i don't know about but i know where they're found in the RAM, if that makes sense? ;(

(bytes whoops)

Villager 1: 0x27C90
Villager 2: 0x2A188
Villager 3: 0x2C680
Villager 4: 0x2EB78
Villager 5: 0x31070

Villager 6: 0x33568
Villager 7: 0x35A60
Villager 8: 0x37F58
Villager 9: 0x3A450
Villager 10: 0x3C948

Reactions: Cey

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I joined just for the LeafTools/RAM Editor discussions, hi guys. (Used to enjoy exploiting WW, excited to see the progressing options for NL.) Thank you to all the contributors and the tool creators!

If you are changing your native fruit in the Hex Editor per Sopheroo's notes, I finished testing the fruit types:

I'm an idiot.

I was looking for the hex codes for the trees when I was supposed to look for the hexcode for the FRUIT to determine native tree

NATIVE FRUIT IS MODIFIABLE AT 0X5C7B6

tumblr_nl6hu1GQbt1r9tg4oo1_540.png

This is for the apple.

01 = apples as native fruit
02 = oranges as native fruit
03 = pears as native fruit
04 = peaches as native fruit
05 = cherries as native fruit

(That order also mathematically explains the probability of getting apples or cherries as your town fruit when generating a town. Ugh.)

I also confirmed that changing your native fruit in the HEX also changes your native fruit in the dialogue with all NPCs and characters; even if changed at the very beginning of the game when you are still talking to Isabelle about advice for living in town. If changed before you talk to Isabelle about the town native fruit, she will indeed state that the new fruit is the town fruit. So, town fruit can be changed at any time without any ill effect I have found.

Changing your native fruit type DOES NOT CHANGE ALL OF YOUR TOWN TREES TO THAT FRUIT. So, say you just started your town and you have peaches and want cherries. If you change your native fruit type to cherries, the change WILL go through. Everyone will now acknowledge that the town fruit is cherries. However, all of your peach trees in town will REMAIN peach trees (and yes, if one of them has the perfect peach on it, that tree will remain with the original perfect peach on it as well, and you can shake the tree and harvest the perfect peach if you wish -- however, planting the perfect peach would now cause it to produce a normal peach tree). You must now manually cut down all the peach trees and replace them with cherry trees if you want cherries to be your new fruit trees. Once you change your native fruit to cherries, however, you can plant perfect cherries at will and they will grow into perfect cherry trees as they should. All other fruits will grow into normal fruit trees.

Reactions: regigiygas

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to relocating your plaza: I discovered all events are tied to the COBBLESTONE, not to the Plaza Tree itself. So wherever you move the PLAZA COBBLESTONE acre via the Acre Editor, that is where the events and vendor tents will now take place (including things like Hide and Seek!), REGARDLESS of where your Plaza Tree is (which also has to be moved separately through the RAM editor). I thought they were going to be tried to the tree, but it's actually tied to the ground. But everything is spawning on the cobblestone where I moved that tile (and I even chose a different cobblestone arrangement than the one I had for the plaza before), despite my Plaza Tree being across the map.... under a lake, currently. (Lol.) I should also note that my plaza tree being several acres away and under water has not affected anything in-game.

(I know we had established that moving the plaza around also moved the events, but I don't think we had specifically noted which item, tile or tree, the events were tied to. Sorry if this was established already.)

Reactions: regigiygas

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven't had this issue when changing the villagers through the RAM editor? All of my genders and personalities seem to be the right ones when swapping out villagers. However, I did establish that any letters you sent to the villagers prior to changing them will still contain the old villager's name. (So if you change Curly to Fang, but had sent Curly a bunch of letters, Fang is now going to show you all of Curly's letters, still with Curly's name on them, but talk about them as if they are his now.) I'm going to go back and see if there was a break in gender and personality on that save.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its how the other villagers refer to them, if you replace a smug with a peppy, the rest of the villagers will call the peppy a "he" and the peppy will wake up/go to sleep at smug times, write smug letters, and leave smug notes at their door

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its how the other villagers refer to them, if you replace a smug with a peppy, the rest of the villagers will call the peppy a "he" and the peppy will wake up/go to sleep at smug times, write smug letters, and leave smug notes at their door

Gotcha, I'm going to check that out further. Thanks for the villager byte work!

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd replaced Vesta with Kyle and i noticed that kyle was waking up at 5am (i have early bird ordinance) and displaying "i'm not here right now." on his door when he was out ; v;

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
OK so i did this and everything worked great, however, i tried editing my town to look like this
tumblr_nlqpr5KCSZ1r63z39o1_400.png

i was able to inject it and save/quit, but upon trying to reload the game, it crashed.
like it wont start at all

is there a way to flash my cart?

Nice town, but there would be a problem with the water way, one acre going to the left, one acre going to the right like this

1427298799-tumblr-nlqpr5kcsz1r63z39o1-400.png

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice town, but there would be a problem with the water way, one acre going to the left, one acre going to the right like this

1427298799-tumblr-nlqpr5kcsz1r63z39o1-400.png

yeah ;( i figured that's what was causing the game to freak out when it wouldn't load.
all is well now and i have my town back.
thankfully i was happy with the map layout before, i just wanted to see if i could be happier with it (the answer is no)

thank you!

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Straight after the two bytes that identify which villager it is.

Also I have coordinates for player 4 house editing (I made a player 4 just for this) and I'll add them tonight, as I'm going to work today.

jrieuhdfnfv

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to intrude, but has a way to edit your town pass/birthday/region been discovered yet?
also, when injecting dream towns, is there a way to keep all furniture intact rather than just the wallpaper and flooring?

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
sorry to intrude, but has a way to edit your town pass/birthday/region been discovered yet?
also, when injecting dream towns, is there a way to keep all furniture intact rather than just the wallpaper and flooring?

Town pass data, birthday town pass and Region town pass, yes, I discovered how to change them. Too bad region town pass card reset after reloading the game.... It's how the game work, can't do anything about that

Game region, offset/bytes not yet found but it's possible I'm certain.

Game birthday, it should have the same bytes as the town pass card birthday,, so....

Samurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm planning to move my nine villager houses to where the town hall was, but when I tried moving it out of the way, only the building itself moves, not the pavement. Is there a way to move the cement as well? :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 1,526

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh