ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if you have all of the files on the source of your SD card, including acnldump and acnlinjc. They need to be at the root, meaning, not in a folder.

If they're there and it didn't work, clear your 3DS' browser history and try again.

Then, if this didn't work, delete the files from your SD card and install them again, it's possible something wonky went on

MAKE SURE TO DELETE YOUR BROWSER HISTORY
It didn't work for me at first, but when I cleared it my changes were there!

anais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there!! i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who basically helped with this project?? it's awesome

also i just have a lil question; i tried messing around with hxd and tried to find the birthday hex value, but couldn't? has anyone had any luck changing birthdays yet?

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the second loop that puzzled me in the house exterior's code IS mandatory to edit if you want changes to be permanent, otherwise, it resets at 6am.

But, everything concerning house exterior is now documented and editable with HxD. Enjoy your nearly-effortless golden exteriors, guys.

Also, I need to double-check tomorrow, but I think the house editing for Player 2 starts at 0x590ac and for Player 3, starts at 0x5a2d4. I will confirm these tomorrow, after I get a couple hours of shut-eye.

Can you make a tutorial on how to later? This is great

D

Deleted User

I finally did it!!
3VqdDaE2WEiTSjTawQm6w34f5ikfI9vMV71FIGyHuZrMYgntKmfjYLjhTvt5UR8iQ4cafA=s114

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you make a tutorial on how to later? This is great

Yes, tomorrow I was planning to modify a mayor's house, and a non mayor's house, as examples, so I'll make sure to take screenshots to properly show how I did it.

It's fairly simple, even if it took me 7 hours of work to get a full grip on it!

Doc Chloroplast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work finding this, guys; I'm looking forward to messing around with it to get things arranged just how I'd like them (especially with some of the buildings that ended up in ugly places).

There are a few spots in the dumped RAM that have question marks on them (though I, personally, know what they are). One, is that indicative of something wrong with the SD card? And two, if not, will it mess things up to replace them with what I know they are, or can I just ignore them when moving things around?

Thanks.

matrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work finding this, guys; I'm looking forward to messing around with it to get things arranged just how I'd like them (especially with some of the buildings that ended up in ugly places).

There are a few spots in the dumped RAM that have question marks on them (though I, personally, know what they are). One, is that indicative of something wrong with the SD card? And two, if not, will it mess things up to replace them with what I know they are, or can I just ignore them when moving things around?

Thanks.

I have ? spots too that represent my tree stumps and snowmen I just don't think their codes are registered in the editor. it's ok to move them

CandyKlaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! This tools is really great and I want to thank who create it because it helped me a lot.

A question, is there a way to reduce rooms size?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im thinking of doing something huge that involves switching the save files of my digital and physical versions and includes injecting a dream town.

someone who's successfully injected dream towns, please verify my steps.
  1. update dream town of digital copy
  2. dump an updated .bin file of physical copy, save it to my computer
  3. visit dream town of digital copy with physical copy
  4. while in dream town, dump .bin
  5. exit dream town, save .bin or digital's dream on computer
  6. use save data transfer tool to transfer data on physical copy to digital copy
  7. start new game on physical copy
  8. get to tree planting ceremony
  9. inject .bin of dream town
  10. walk into train station
  11. walk out of train station
  12. save & quit
  13. data on physical copy will be replaced with that of the dream town
  14. can hack dream data

please someone verify this. i want to make 1000% sure that i know what i'm doing because i want to hack my digital town, however it's on a new 3DS XL

time is not an issue
complexity is not an issue.

if i am wrong, please tell me where and what i should do instead

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, house editing time. I showed what I did to get the golden exterior on a house earlier, now I'm getting in more detail concerning full exterior editing. At the time being, I haven't researched interior (room size) editing. Maybe I'll check how it works this weekend, maybe not. Depends how I feel.

tumblr_nlq2d381c91r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

This is the house I'm working with today. It's my player 2's house, but it works with any house (I successfully edited my player 3's house to test)

House properties are 2 loops of 9 bits, which are in order

- House size
- House shape
- Door shape
- House color
- Roof color
- Door model
- Fence
- Pavement
- Mailbox

Unlike other items modifier, who use item values, the changes are done with the hex values of the items in Tom Nook's shop. This is because the roof, mailbox, fences and such do not officially exist as items. However, it makes it easy to remember how to change things.

To know the hex values for each item, I used Marc's hex editor, in the unused item section.

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo1_250.png

Each category starts again at 00. I just calculated everything using this list.

Knowing that my basic house over here has

- A size 2 exterior (It's slightly bigger than the size 1) = 02
- Mansion shaped (Every house is mansion unless you changed the size after fully expanding, which I obviously didn't do) = 00
- Arched door = 00
- Brick exterior (Which is the default for new houses) = 00
- Blue roof. According to the list, the blue roof has a value of 20. = 20
- Basic door = 00
- Hedge fence = 03

I forgot which pavement I had, but I remembered I had the basic mailbox, so I needed to find a hex string who was pretty much 02 00 00 00 20 00 03 ? 00

I searched with ctrl+f and I got

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo2_540.png

A matching string. As you can see, you can see both consecutive loops there. You need to edit both for changes to stick. Otherwise, the changes will go away at 6am.

I'm going to keep the exterior size and shape the way it is. So, bits 0x590ac and 0x590ad, as well as the loop on 0x590b5 and 0x590b6 are staying the same.

I'm going to change the door shape for rectangular, though. The bit value for the door shape is binary. It's either rectangular (01) or it's not (00) So, I'm going to change bits 0x590ae and the looping on 0x590b7 for a 01, instead of 00

Then, I chose the garden exterior. According to Marc's list, the garden exterior's value is 16. Gotta change bit 0x590af's values of 00 to 16, so that I can have the proper exterior. Obviously, you need to change bit 0x590xb8 as well. Always change both bits. Always.

Next is the roof. I'm going for the mint fairy-tale roof, which has a value of 1b. So, going to replace my blue roof's value of 20 for my other roof at bits 0x590b0 and 0x590b9

Doing the same with the door, switching the bits at 0x590b1 and 0x590ba for 0d instead of 00 and ta-da! Green door! Since I chose earlier to have a rectangular door, the door will be rectangular. All doors, except for the golden door, come in both shapes.

I'm keeping my hedge and my pavement, so no change on bits 0x590b2 and 0x590b3 // 0x590bb and 0x590bc

Finally, the white mailbox is much cuter than the default one, so I just go and change bits 0x590b4 and 0x590bd from 00 to 08.

Meaning

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo3_r1_540.png

My values for the house exterior are now this.

Time to push them, so that I can have a pretty house!

tumblr_nlq4x7BklU1r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

I gave the coordinates for the mayor's house earlier, here they are again.

Again, the ones above are for the second player, but if you want to edit for another player, here are the informations. For more details concerning what I did to edit the mayor's house, all of my work is on page 59.

Here are the coordinates and the example I used to get the above result.

tumblr_nlne865AYe1r9tg4oo1_400.png

@ 0x057e84 & 0x057e8d : 01 = smallest size of house

@ 0x057e85 & 0x057e8e : 00 = mansion size

@ 0x057e86 & 0x057e8f : 00 = arched door

@ 0x057e87 & 0x057e90 : 1f = golden exterior

@ 0x057e88 & 0x057e91 : 1f = golden roof

@ 0x057e89 & 0x057e92 : 15 = golden door

@ 0x057e8a & 0x057e93 : 16 = golden fence

@ 0x057e8b & 0x057e94 : 04 = square pavement

@ 0x057e8c & 0x057e95 : 06 = golden mailbox

I think the house editing for Player 2 starts at 0x590ac and for Player 3, starts at 0x5a2d4. I will confirm these tomorrow, after I get a couple hours of shut-eye.

fumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Just wondering how the villager numbers in the 'buildings' tab corresponds with those in the 'villagers' tab? I keep on moving the wrong villager's house ;-;

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Just wondering how the villager numbers in the 'buildings' tab corresponds with those in the 'villagers' tab? I keep on moving the wrong villager's house ;-;

in the villagers tab it's 0-9
in the buildings tab it's 1-10

0 = 1
1 = 2
2 = 3
3 = 4
4 = 5
5 = 6
6 = 7
7 = 8
8 = 9
9 = 10

Nintendo_Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now trying to get the special "surprise" emotion that only villagers can use

I'm back again :) It's awesome to see the progress everyone is making here. I really hope we can get into major editing. (Name editing with one program/replace pwps on map anywhere, etc!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.