ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the second loop that puzzled me in the house exterior's code IS mandatory to edit if you want changes to be permanent, otherwise, it resets at 6am.

But, everything concerning house exterior is now documented and editable with HxD. Enjoy your nearly-effortless golden exteriors, guys.

Also, I need to double-check tomorrow, but I think the house editing for Player 2 starts at 0x590ac and for Player 3, starts at 0x5a2d4. I will confirm these tomorrow, after I get a couple hours of shut-eye.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im like Really bad when it's about Computers stuff... i do like everthing like the others do. i have the right version. But I dont even now if im injecting or dumping... so pls explain like you would a Baby explain...
I'm uploading a video atm. It's going to be a few hours before it gets uploaded and it's kinda shitty
Hopefully my slow internet can finish uploading by today

EDIT: Done.

Reactions: Nintendo_Guy

tomnooksdeadtail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I had that error, so I can't really help you.

Also, I managed to modify my mailbox, so modifying the exterior of a house is indeed possible! :D
But what do you suggest I should do? I need and will get this to work no matter what! Can you tell me how to uninstall files from a folder so I can do it again please?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But what do you suggest I should do? I need and will get this to work no matter what! Can you tell me how to uninstall files from a folder so I can do it again please?

Check if you have all of the files on the source of your SD card, including acnldump and acnlinjc. They need to be at the root, meaning, not in a folder.

If they're there and it didn't work, clear your 3DS' browser history and try again.

Then, if this didn't work, delete the files from your SD card and install them again, it's possible something wonky went on

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Alright, it's possible to change the region of the town pass card, that's cool, i thought it was based on the console region

Maybe we can also change the region of the game (the events etc) to Japan, Europe or USA

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, it's possible to change the region of the town pass card, that's cool, i thought it was based on the console region

Maybe we can also change the region of the game (the events etc) to Japan, Europe or USA

That would be amazing! I've always wanted to do the Jap only events like Bean Day.

tomnooksdeadtail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if you have all of the files on the source of your SD card, including acnldump and acnlinjc. They need to be at the root, meaning, not in a folder.

If they're there and it didn't work, clear your 3DS' browser history and try again.

Then, if this didn't work, delete the files from your SD card and install them again, it's possible something wonky went on
I think they have been in a folder all this time... :wtf: But I'm not sure. What is the root?

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
The root is /

1427131554-dfhdfhdfghdfgr.png

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Okay guys I found the offset to change the passtown card region (not yet the game region)

It's at 0x000055F2

00 is blank (no region)
01 is Japan
4D is France

You can also change things like birth date, registration date... Maybe also the dream code

edit : The region resets after reloading.... 2 hours wasted

Eichorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made an account just to express my gratitude.
Thank you very much for all of those that have contributed to this wonderful tool...I'm playing AC again with new found love.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im like Really bad when it's about Computers stuff... i do like everthing like the others do. i have the right version. But I dont even now if im injecting or dumping... so pls explain like you would a Baby explain...

Dumping is when you have a save file, and are putting it on the sd card, like when you didn't have an acnlram.bin, you dumped your file onto the sd card, which should create an acnlram.bin. (Try another sd card. it should work on the 2gb sd card the system comes with, at least thats what mine had). Injecting is putting an edited acnlram.bin and loading it in game, you inject it via web browser. First comes dumping, then injecting. I'd suggest that, each time you do an edit, make a dump of it, and have that be your new acnl.ram. I didn't do this so Isabelle came into my house around 5 times to give me a lamp. dumping it saves your changes from your previous edit.
TD;DR
Dumping-dumping your save onto the SD card
Injecting-injecting a save file, which is usually edited.

Hope this helps :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh