ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

lasaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, is there a way to add and expand rooms? If so, could you tell me? I just started using this a while ago so I'm not completely sure on how it works.

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, is there a way to add and expand rooms? If so, could you tell me? I just started using this a while ago so I'm not completely sure on how it works.
I'm not sure about this. The way I did it was to add loads of Bells to my account so I could purchase an upgrade each day.

BlairBearBear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone :)

I'm running into an issue with my hacked save file. I'm pretty much stuck on one day. If I wait for the day to change or change it forward through Isabelle, I'll get an "an exception occurred" error and I will not be able to even access the title screen again if I try to open the game again. I have to import the previous save through the JKSM or change the date backwards on the 3DS.
I can TT backwards through.

unfortunately I deleted my back up by accident so I don't have that anymore :(
I read on here someone else had a similar issue and their problem was cause of having a bush in their inventory. I've cleared out my entire inventory but that hasn't helped.
I also read about the 0x19 error and looked into Slattz's fix for it, but I don't seen to have any buildings out of place.
I also moved a lot of pwp and buildings around to see it maybe that was the cause, unfortunately that doesn't work either.

I'm rather attached to this save file and would like to fix it if possible!
does anyone have any insight for me?

I can post a screenshot of the error screen and provide the .dat file if anyone would like to take a look at them :)

EDIT: I FIXED IT!
it was a rock/tree issue. I removed all the rocks and re-placed 1 of each and removed all the trees and the problem went away.
I'll leave this wall of text here in case some future mayor also runs into this problem.

Last edited by BlairBearBear,

carianne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, all. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

First, some background information: I hack AC:NL on an original 3DS, ver. 10.7, using Soundhax and JKSM. I have doing this on-and-off for a while, and normally am able to pull it off without a hitch.

I have a desired map that I created myself that has worked in previous save files and is relatively simple. It adheres to all the "rules" set by AC:NL: at least two rocks, at least one pond, two waterfalls, etc. No weirdly placed objects or acres--the map would look completely normal and unhacked to someone visiting.

That being said, I'm running into an error. I created a new save file and imported this map onto the file. I've done this before without problems. I did make some edits beforehand--perhaps this is where I messed something up. But I've looked very carefully, and haven't found a glaring error yet. The glitch that I'm encountering is an odd one. The games boots up normally, you see and speak with Isabelle, all is well... until you actually start up the town. Instead of opening up to the Mayor exiting their house, it starts with them standing right at the train tracks, completely blacked-out. Unable to move, completely unresponsive, but the "world" is still active. It's quite odd. I can take and send a picture (even just for the novelty of the glitch) if anyone wants.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and/or knows how to circumvent it. I'm wondering if my error has something to do with the placement of the acres; the map I imported has the ocean on the east-side, while the original map had the ocean on the west-side. I know this affects the placement of the stores on Main Street, but I assumed that this would be carried over on the imported map. That's my best guess as of right now, and I plan to mess around with it when I get the chance.

Thanks again for any help!

D

Deleted User

Hey, all. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

First, some background information: I hack AC:NL on an original 3DS, ver. 10.7, using Soundhax and JKSM. I have doing this on-and-off for a while, and normally am able to pull it off without a hitch.

I have a desired map that I created myself that has worked in previous save files and is relatively simple. It adheres to all the "rules" set by AC:NL: at least two rocks, at least one pond, two waterfalls, etc. No weirdly placed objects or acres--the map would look completely normal and unhacked to someone visiting.

That being said, I'm running into an error. I created a new save file and imported this map onto the file. I've done this before without problems. I did make some edits beforehand--perhaps this is where I messed something up. But I've looked very carefully, and haven't found a glaring error yet. The glitch that I'm encountering is an odd one. The games boots up normally, you see and speak with Isabelle, all is well... until you actually start up the town. Instead of opening up to the Mayor exiting their house, it starts with them standing right at the train tracks, completely blacked-out. Unable to move, completely unresponsive, but the "world" is still active. It's quite odd. I can take and send a picture (even just for the novelty of the glitch) if anyone wants.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and/or knows how to circumvent it. I'm wondering if my error has something to do with the placement of the acres; the map I imported has the ocean on the east-side, while the original map had the ocean on the west-side. I know this affects the placement of the stores on Main Street, but I assumed that this would be carried over on the imported map. That's my best guess as of right now, and I plan to mess around with it when I get the chance.

Thanks again for any help!
I've heard of people having this problem before, And i recall that sometimes it's caused because of 2 of the same important PWP? Could you check if you have 2 of the same Player's house? For example, two Player 1 Houses? I might be wrong about this though, so i'm sorry if i am ;-;

And by the way, switching your cliff side will glitch the campsite, and you'll faint every time you exit it.

Reactions: JavaScribe

jumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been awhile since I've used the editor but I remember a while back being able to add a fourth bridge to my town by converting an existing PWP, such as a bench, to a bridge. However when I tried to do something similar recently to my new save file I'm unable to. The list of bridges when I go to convert a PWP is greyed out and I can't select them. I tried searching the thread for an answer but I couldn't find anything helpful. Was this option removed for some reason? Would anyone know of another method to add a fourth bridge? Thanks

(EDIT - Nevermind, I was able to add it just fine using NLSE)

Last edited by jumpman,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max If I want to make up pull request of the acnl_items.js with the Korean names and catchphrases of the villagers, where should the Korean name go? For example, in ["Pango","Mathilda","Mathilda","Carlotta","Aspidora"], should it become ["Pango","Mathilda","Mathilda","Carlotta","Aspidora","패트라"] or should the name go somewhere else? I'm guessing the catchphrase would go in the same location among the catchphrases.
I figured out that I can just look up the proper Korean catchphrases online and edit it in the editor.
I'm also working on making a acnl_items_kr.js, but I think it'll take a while to finish that.

happylatte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sue if this question has been answered or not, but i'll go ahead and ask again.
i've been trying to figure this problem out for months, but nobody seems to know why it's not working. i use the latest version of luma and homebrew, and i have an old 3ds xl. my jksm works perfectly fine as well as my game hacks, and i can use the save editor without any issues. but as soon as i try to inject my save, everything goes wrong. it gives me a white screen with "Not found?" and every time i try to import or export a save it gives me an error screen as well "Error opening save archive C8804478" i've tried replacing the files multiple times and i'm really stuck. i hope this is an easy fix and i'm just being clueless!

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm not sue if this question has been answered or not, but i'll go ahead and ask again.
i've been trying to figure this problem out for months, but nobody seems to know why it's not working. i use the latest version of luma and homebrew, and i have an old 3ds xl. my jksm works perfectly fine as well as my game hacks, and i can use the save editor without any issues. but as soon as i try to inject my save, everything goes wrong. it gives me a white screen with "Not found?" and every time i try to import or export a save it gives me an error screen as well "Error opening save archive C8804478" i've tried replacing the files multiple times and i'm really stuck. i hope this is an easy fix and i'm just being clueless!

If you aren't sure it's already asked, you can use the search. type one or multiple words and make sure to check the option "Search this thread only". Searching on "C8804478" gave me 3 results in this thread.

Edit:
Image of the results:
uTaLFLZ.png

Last edited by StevenSeegal,
Reactions: JavaScribe

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Hey, ever since today's update, I haven't been able to import or export player patterns.
Fixed. Thanks for reporting. (You may need to force a cache refresh (F5) in order to get the fixed version).

BTW, the new version that was uploaded a few hours ago shows building shapes at last!

Reactions: pixelmasher

Azril_Astera

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello, I'm Korean. I can't speak English well :(

After the update, I couldn't do change TPC's town name.

In the past, changing 'Other>Town name/SID' used to change both, but not now.

It changes 'Town name', but 'TPC's town name' does not.

Azril_Astera

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Was there an option to change TPC town name? :-O

No. But,
In the past, changing 'Other>Town name/SID' used to change town name and TPC town name, but not now.
After the update, 'Other>Town name/SID' can change only town name. Not Change TPC town name.

Example. My town name is Apple.
I used 'Town name/SID' Apple -> Banana.
Railroad station's town name is Banana. But, TPC town name and 'isabelle loading(like file)' is Apple. (ex/ Hello, Apple is 2019.04.28. PM4:00)

Sorry. I am not good at English, so I am not sure if I spoke properly.

Attachments

• isabelle-message.png
    isabelle-message.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 222

sevenfff00

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Azril_Astera is correct.
Made an account just to report that the latest update has broken changing the town's name. Isabelle will refer to the town as the old name on startup and the TPC reads as the old name. The only place the name is changing is at the train station.

Reactions: Azril_Astera

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.