ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Hello I've been having a bit of an issue, not sure if anyone can help, but I've been playing ACNL but wanting to restore an old backup from the non-update game, and whenever I do it says to update the software but it is updated! I've tried uninstalling the update to update again and even deleting and making another NNID. Not sure what to do.
Which app are you using to restore the savegame?
You will probably have to delete updated.dat and garden.dat. savedata_manager doesn't let you do this. You will need JKSV or svdt.

Splat_Red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Splat_Red,

shokolad-town

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any way to use hacks for mailboxes, like for example, to empty the mail in the box or in the player's mail slots? It's such a hassle to have to delete them one by one lol.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Would it be possible to have a function that removes villager houses?
I have this one house in my village that's invisible and it has the usual hitbox around it, my map will crash upon touching the right drop down or upon touching any house/building on the map.
EDIT: The closest thing I could get to what my issue is this is it:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?98762-Glitched-Game-invisible-villager-house
I remember some people managed to fix it by adding any PWP anywhere else talking with Isabelle. Then the next day, it fixes the house too. Hoping it works!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would there be any way to use hacks for mailboxes, like for example, to empty the mail in the box or in the player's mail slots? It's such a hassle to have to delete them one by one lol.
Yeah, it could be possible. I have the offsets for the letters. But it's a bit dangerous to touch there, and it's also not worth the time.

Splat_Red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember some people managed to fix it by adding any PWP anywhere else talking with Isabelle. Then the next day, it fixes the house too. Hoping it works!

Yeah, it could be possible. I have the offsets for the letters. But it's a bit dangerous to touch there, and it's also not worth the time.
I already restarted my town in case a method arose that wouldn't work, but I'll try that! Thanks. ( since I have two seperate locations for the old & restarted saves )
EDIT: tried this and it didn't work. Upon going to the map and tapping it after the PWP finished/was completed my game crashed.

Last edited by Splat_Red,

knife emoji

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
teamusa.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Help! I've successfully used the town editor before the Amiibo update, but I can't get it working anymore. None of the changes that I make in the town editor will stick in my save file.
  • Console is 11.2 (EU)
  • I'm using Soundhax to access Homebrew and the save manager
  • I export the save data to my SD card, then turn the console off (also, ACNL is the only game i have backed up)
  • I delete the garden.dat file as the instructions suggest, then upload the garden_plus.dat file to the editor (love the updated editor btw! sooo nice to use)
  • I save the changes, and move the garden_plus.dat file onto the SD card, replacing the old garden_plus file
  • SD card back in the system, I open homebrew save manager again, and import the data.
  • Turn the console off and on again, open animal crossing, and nothing has changed whatsoever
I was doing all kinds of edits at first, like changing villagers, moving buildings, fixing my hair, adding/removing items in my home and inventory, even maxing out the bank to give that feature a go... then I tried the process all again after only changing items in my inventory and still nothing.

:cry: I'm really hoping there's just something stupidly simple that I'm forgetting to do...But I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone else find a fix for this? it seems like she moved this to a PM convo. I'm experiencing the exact same problems as her D:

Keon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to take someone else's dream town or just there regular town and make it yours? Kinda like in this video,I know this method doesn't work anymore btw but I'm looking to do this but in a different way. (Me and my friend Neon wants to trade towns)

Last edited by Keon,
Reactions: FairyLu

misterbooki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which app are you using to restore the savegame?
You will probably have to delete updated.dat and garden.dat. savedata_manager doesn't let you do this. You will need JKSV or svdt.
Hi, I am using JKSV! I'll try deleting updated.dat, thank you! Should I just have the garden.dat from the old save and then no updated.dat on the SD card, and import that?

Itskaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me out? Due to updating my console prematurely I m not able to add homebrew on my 3ds... So can someone help me out by spawning some royal crowns for me?

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Soubdhax will still work with the lastest firm? Don't I need to downgrade first?
yes. it will.

Soubdhax will still work with the lastest firm? Don't I need to downgrade first?
read the descriptions in the github. it tells you everything you need to know

Yes it works on the latest firm and no you don't need to downgrade. It's JUST a Homebrew entrypoint.

Edit: Dammit, MarioMasta. xD
lol xD im everywhere

Itskaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would I be good after I do that? Or do I have to really downgrade to get the full benefit? Would I be restricted in any way? Sorry if I'm asking too much questions.. This is my first n3ds hacking...I've never done this and I heard different stories from different people lol everyone confusing me lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1