1. hannahlorrainee

Newcomer

United States
    Is anyone else having issues w the town editor being kind of slow? Like for example, I'll go to place like ten flowers in a row but it'll lag and when I click on the square I want the flower, it'll take like ten clicks to get it to respond again. Is it just me? I'm using Chrome
    EDIT: started using microsoft edge, works a little faster w better response time!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. LittleBuddy

LittleBuddy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    When selecting a tan level in the winter it doesn't seem to give the darkest skin-tone achievable. Is this just because it's not summer, or do the tans not go as deep in the editor as in-game?

Also, could there ever be an update that lets you adjust the home exteriors on the fly?

What are the custom options under trees' Flag 1 and Flag 2 drop-downs? And how does Perfect 4 differ from Perfect 0? I haven't tried it yet, but could those be a way to have seasonal trees?

3. TidusWulf

TidusWulf Real Aloha

United States
    The numbers of the trees indicate growth timelines. Full trees are always X number of days from having ripe fruit. For Perfect trees, it's likely that the flag metric is used to indicate how many harvests have occured. I've read that perfect trees stop producing after 4 harvests or something to that effect, though I don't bother to grow perfect fruit so I don't know personally. Perhaps the flag is tripped when lights go on the tree. the easiest way for you to find out is to advance your clock, observe lights on your tree, export the save, and check the flag in the editor to see if it has a new value.

The tan thing is a curious observation. I would like to know more about that if you do some testing. I regularly use the editor to keep my tan right in the middle.

As for home exteriors, the byte range, pre-update, was well documented, but Marc has said himself that he has little desire/motivation to incorporate features that are otherwise easily obtainable in-game (hence why we don't have an emotion editor). I imagine that as long as you can manipulate your inventory and acres and PWPs, he's less interested in developing new features. But don't take my word for it, I don't speak for Marc. Perhaps until that time, you can edit Nook's shop to show the exterior changes as options available for purchase, since that IS a feature that Marc has graciously given us.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw, has anyone tried hacking their inventory to hold buildings? I would love to plop a picnic blanket PWP on the international island. That would really freak people out. LOL.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Neclord likes this.
  4. Maxouille

Maxouille Member
    Newcomer

France
    Why after the 9A acre its crash ?

5. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    add coupon editor? XD

Neclord, Ushiara and Aletron9000 like this.
  6. Wheresjoy

Wheresjoy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello! I decided to try the new name changing method wondering if it had the same rule as in HEX editing, and sure it does. I created a new character and called her Andy, everything was fine, I used my mayor and then used the new character once again, saved then proceded to fix some things in town with the editor. I changed the mayors and new character's hair, I added a couple of trees and flowers and I also changed the new Character's name to Andie (changed Y to IE adding with it an extra letter). Then I saved and went back to my game, choosing the new character, everything was fine, I was able do play with her. After that I saved and proceeded to use my mayor, this is when things got weird. I had the normal intro but when the game was loading to start it would crash and send me back to my home screen, I freaked out, I had another character who I chose and happened the same thing. I immediately went back to the editor to fix whatever I thought had provoked the issue: I changed the mayors and new characters hair back. Once again in game it crashed again. At that point I decided to erase the new character, and once that was done it all went back to normal, right there I remember that I had changed her name. Now, I don't know if that's the actual reason but it seemed like the most logical:

For everyone who didn't know, if you're going to change a name, make sure the amount of letters is the same or less than the original one. EX: Changing the name DAVID (5 letters) you have to look for a name with the same amount of letters or less NOT more. The game will crash if you change it to ANDREW (6 letters) for example. I changed my mayors name from Bradley to Harley (7 letters to 6 letters) and the game runs fine! Just for those wondering.

7. Sopheroo

Sopheroo Actually Homestuck

Canada
    Yups, I'm the one who documented the byte-range of home exteriors/room size in the original version, and for house exteriors, I feel it's pretty easy to pinpoint, since it's what...14 or 16 bytes, since they repeat twice?

So, if someone has a old backup of their town and know the string, pretty sure it can be manually found by searching the byte string. I don't have the time to take care of this myself, sadly.

Ningyoplug likes this.
  8. Saven

Saven Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been using this editor for awhile and I really love it! Is there any way to have a complete catalog? I saw the encyclopedia option, but I think that just means you caught everything but it won't complete everything in museum either.

Just curious, thank you!

9. TidusWulf

TidusWulf Real Aloha

United States
    but you can just hack fish and bugs into your inventory to complete the museum

10. Saven

Saven Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh definitely, I was wondering if there was a way to complete the catalog in the store. The one for furniture, etc.

11. MuscleMuscleHust

MuscleMuscleHust Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know a site where I can ramdump? I need to dump some dream addresses.
    I downgraded my browser. so it should work.

12. Flora Cherry

Flora Cherry I'm unhappy

France
    all my friend say the game have a new update again

13. Maxouille

Maxouille Member
    Newcomer

France
    why there is a new update ?

14. nandu

nandu Member
    Newcomer

Just downloaded the 1.5 update; save editor as well as the NTR plugin seem to work just fine

15. MayorKitty96

MayorKitty96 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is anyone else having issues with using the editor to move buildings and PWPs?

16. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    After WW, the developers made it impossible to drop buildings/seeds like that [, so it's not possible] without modifying the memory at runtime.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  17. derteufel

derteufel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your post is a few days old so I don't know if Marc fixed it or not. But...

I changed my character's name from a 3 letter name to a 7 letter name and it worked fine.
    I also changed a side character's name from 7 letters to 3 a letter name and it worked as well.

18. expediency

expediency Member
    Newcomer

So I have an acnlram.bin file from about July last year and I've tried to open it on the new editor, but it says that it is invalid, mainly since it is so old. Would there be any possible way to access it?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  19. SuperKyleDots

SuperKyleDots Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Guys, in the HXD Editor how do i edit my island metals?

Neclord likes this.
  20. lordlundar

lordlundar Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    The RAM method is dead due to the latest 3DS firmware update.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Crossing, Animal, Editor