ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot! Going to give this a go asap.

The most important thing in the entire guide is to back up your sysnand with emunand9. If you don't, then if you brick your device you will never be able to get your stuff back. Once you get emunand setup, make sure to backup your emunand often! It's more difficult to brick stuff in emunand but it's still possible.

Reactions: mental_lentil

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most important thing in the entire guide is to back up your sysnand with emunand9. If you don't, then if you brick your device you will never be able to get your stuff back. Once you get emunand setup, make sure to backup your emunand often! It's more difficult to brick stuff in emunand but it's still possible.

Thank you for the tip, I'll definitely be taking every precaution as I go through the process.

Loops

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was curious why house exteriors are in the editor, so I placed a pink mailbox near my house. Appeared as an apple, which is my current native fruit, and when I picked it up it turned into 99,000 Bells. I swapped the apple with another bag of 99k bells, so it acted like a duping mechanism. My entire inventory was filled with 99k bell bags at the time.

Is there anything we can actually do with the house exteriors, or is it not yet accessible?

Madotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:
My close friend just took a short break from her Animal Crossing and lost her favorite villager. She's really down about it and feels like quitting after working on her town for over a year now. She's on RxTools emunand 10.5.

If she injects her villager back into her save, will all the data from that villager (memories, letters, furniture, catchphrases, etc.) be brought back as well? Or would she come back as a blank slate?

Last edited by Madotsuki,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Question:
My close friend just took a short break from her Animal Crossing and lost her favorite villager. She's really down about it and feels like quitting after working on her town for over a year now. She's on RxTools emunand 10.5.

If she injects her villager back into her save, will all the data from that villager (memories, letters, furniture, catchphrases, etc.) be brought back as well? Or would she come back as a blank slate?
There is no way to reinject a villager, you just replace the animal species, so no, she won't restore her data :-( But there are other ways to recover her, they are a bit more complex though.

Skynetz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does editing a villager basically copy the data from the previous villager and paste it onto the new villager?

Madotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to reinject a villager, you just replace the animal species, so no, she won't restore her data :-( But there are other ways to recover her, they are a bit more complex though.
Well, if you don't mind, would you give a small rundown of what the more complex method is? Does it involve forcing a new villager to move out until the villager cycle brings up the lost villager in the plaza and convincing them to move in again?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Well, if you don't mind, would you give a small rundown of what the more complex method is? Does it involve forcing a new villager to move out until the villager cycle brings up the lost villager in the plaza and convincing them to move in again?
It involves copying hex data from savegame.

Reactions: DesuIsSparta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta smash em all!