ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the answer !

Things changed, i'm now on 9.2 after a downgrading, currently installing rxtools on my o3ds.

So now i can use ram injection, yes ? :)

Yes, you're able to do pretty much everything now. You can run romhacks (though there are very few for New Leaf), you can give yourself items in-game via the NTR Debugger and NTR CFW, you can use the exploited browser to use SpiderHax (which is outdated and not worked on, but still works) aka ram hacks. Unfortunately nobody has developed a program like the Pokemon hax with GUI and all, but I wanted to get around to it at some point.

Reactions: Smash Br0

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one go about saving an old villager in this manner. Any good guide out there?

Copy the villager personality memory region to your other save file. It's just a matter of copying&pasting the same same length bytes and the correct position. Use HxD. There are no guides because it doesn't really happen much..

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you're able to do pretty much everything now. You can run romhacks (though there are very few for New Leaf), you can give yourself items in-game via the NTR Debugger and NTR CFW, you can use the exploited browser to use SpiderHax (which is outdated and not worked on, but still works) aka ram hacks. Unfortunately nobody has developed a program like the Pokemon hax with GUI and all, but I wanted to get around to it at some point.
what do you recommand to use if i'm on o3DS with Sysnand 9.2 + Emunand Rxtools 10.6 if I just want to add bells (but not directly maxed out my bank account, just bags it's enough), maybe unlock public projects (stupid headlight not unlocked event after 800H of gameplay) and maybe some items I can't obtain like the 7/11 set or other promotional-country restricted items ? :)

EDIT: Also how can I make a backup of my datasave in case of ? I read something about "mori.bin" for save, but how to get this file... i don't know

Last edited by zKin,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you recommand to use if i'm on o3DS with Sysnand 9.2 + Emunand Rxtools 10.6 if I just want to add bells (but not directly maxed out my bank account, just bags it's enough), maybe unlock public projects (stupid headlight not unlocked event after 800H of gameplay) and maybe some items I can't obtain like the 7/11 set or other promotional-country restricted items ? :)

EDIT: Also how can I make a backup of my datasave in case of ? I read something about "mori.bin" for save, but how to get this file... i don't know

Saves are stored in a garden.dat file. Use a save file extractor&decompressor to back it up. SaveDataFiler works well. Just save that file somewhere and edit a copy of it. I think 'mori.bin' was an older file format that contained similar data but was intended for some kind of ram dump saves or something.

I don't know of an editor that lets you edit the bell count manually, but you can unlock all public works projects and give any item through Marc's editor.

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Saves are stored in a garden.dat file. Use a save file extractor&decompressor to back it up. SaveDataFiler works well. Just save that file somewhere and edit a copy of it. I think 'mori.bin' was an older file format that contained similar data but was intended for some kind of ram dump saves or something.

I don't know of an editor that lets you edit the bell count manually, but you can unlock all public works projects and give any item through Marc's editor.
okay i'll follow marc's editor stuff, with this page. http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/help.html

thank you ! :)

deejayb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did they ever find away to fix having an island on your town map? cause I'm interested in doing it but I don't want to do it and end up bricking my game.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did they ever find away to fix having an island on your town map? cause I'm interested in doing it but I don't want to do it and end up bricking my game.

Do you mean you don't want the island to be accessible at all? You can move the dock to 16,16 on the map to prevent anyone from going there, but you can't do anything about the actual physical island.. it's still there in memory and it still remains a loadable region.

deejayb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean you don't want the island to be accessible at all? You can move the dock to 16,16 on the map to prevent anyone from going there, but you can't do anything about the actual physical island.. it's still there in memory and it still remains a loadable region.

No like this

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 248

deejayb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That map is missing critical cares: Able Sisters, Town Plaza. Therefore it will crash. Beyond that, I'm not sure why it would crash but I'm sure it will. I'll test it out later.

i plan to replace the train station stone with a plaza acre and have a pond in the blank acre, i thanks for trying it out! i managed to get it to work, by doing everything one at a time. but when i tt to the next day it crashes, if you figure out a way around that please tell me. c:

Last edited by deejayb,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i plan to replace the train station stone with a plaza acre and have a pond in the blank acre, i thanks for trying it out! i managed to get it to work, by doing everything one at a time. but when i tt to the next day it crashes, if you figure out a way around that please tell me. c:

In that case, there is some world event that is being prevented from happening in the morning. Do you have all necessary buildings placed? (Houses, stores, etc.)

Everyday at 6am there is a quick event at the town hall I believe which just says 'good morning'. If the NPC can't access that location, the game will crash.

deejayb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, there is some world event that is being prevented from happening in the morning. Do you have all necessary buildings placed? (Houses, stores, etc.)

Everyday at 6am there is a quick event at the town hall I believe which just says 'good morning'. If the NPC can't access that location, the game will crash.

umm i didnt touch any stores, i put houses, retail, and town hall all in a row with spaces like this picture( instead of the houses being in that small island its placed in a row to the right of the train station, i also only have the retail, town hall, and 5 villagers houses cause i started over)

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 218

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm i didnt touch any stores, i put houses, retail, and town hall all in a row with spaces like this picture( instead of the houses being in that small island its placed in a row to the right of the train station, i also only have the retail, town hall, and 5 villagers houses cause i started over)

Very interesting. I don't know a solution, but i'll look into it.

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, about saves;

Since I have my save with my lovely cartridge, can I have another save if I install buy an ACNL copy on eShop ?
AND, what if I find a way (ahem) to buy different digital copy of ACNL on my 3DS, each from different region (JPN, US, EUR) ?
Can I manage to get 4 saves ? (my EUR cartridge + EUR digital + USA digital + JPN digital)

I'm really interested in map manipulation but i defintively don't want to risk my initial cartridge save. (Despite the fact I hate how the pink shop (i don't know the english name, "Revente et Retouches" in French, where we sell stuff to neighboors and make golden items, modify colours of some furnitures...) is placed in my country, in front of the town hall...)

trashkinq

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i just recently wanted to start hacking, but my system is in 10.6 :/ will there be an update soon so that some of us that got 10 and higher can hack as well??

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried to use my edited garden.dat, however the game crashes at start up after the little yellow train loading icon does its thing. I'm assuming I've just placed something improperly or something silly, but I can't seem to locate what exactly I did wrong. Could someone take a look at my save? I should also note Im on an o3DS XL running sysnand 9.2 u and emunand 10.6 u, and I'm using the homebrew launcher with SVDT save editor to import/export garden.dat

Attachments

• garden (2).rar
    11.9 KB · Views: 108

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PvTrTp7Tc&pp=ygUTd2hhdCB3aGF0IGluIGRhIGJ1dA%3D%3D +1