ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just tried to use my edited garden.dat, however the game crashes at start up after the little yellow train loading icon does its thing. I'm assuming I've just placed something improperly or something silly, but I can't seem to locate what exactly I did wrong. Could someone take a look at my save? I should also note Im on an o3DS XL running sysnand 9.2 u and emunand 10.6 u, and I'm using the homebrew launcher with SVDT save editor to import/export garden.dat

I could be wrong, but is it because of the file name? The "(2)" could be messing up the process.

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very interesting. I don't know a solution, but i'll look into it.
Is that editor you were working on something you planned on releasing soon, or is it a private thing? Only a friendly question. I'm fine with the online editor I've been using, but I'd never complain about having some new features and stuff I couldn't do before.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that editor you were working on something you planned on releasing soon, or is it a private thing? Only a friendly question. I'm fine with the online editor I've been using, but I'd never complain about having some new features and stuff I couldn't do before.

Very soon! I've redone the project 3 times. First in Java Swing, then in Java Swing again with proper documentation, and now redoing in JavaFX so it doesn't look like garbage and so that i can actually learn something Java-related while doing it. I already have all of the working code from the past 2 times I've done it, it's just a matter of copying and pasting and a little bit of refractoring because the program is using the MVC structure. Also, it will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and any sub-OS that is capable of running the latest version of the JVM.

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very soon! I've redone the project 3 times. First in Java Swing, then in Java Swing again with proper documentation, and now redoing in JavaFX so it doesn't look like garbage and so that i can actually learn something Java-related while doing it. I already have all of the working code from the past 2 times I've done it, it's just a matter of copying and pasting and a little bit of refractoring because the program is using the MVC structure. Also, it will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and any sub-OS that is capable of running the latest version of the JVM.
That sounds really awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: DesuIsSparta

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm attempting to add the last 2 out of my 3 bridges. I can successfully move the pre-existing bridge and change its style and such, but I can't seem to get the bridges I've added with the editor to show up in game. is this an issue of coordinates or can I simply not add bridges with the save editor? For the record, I added the bridges with the offline editor

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any way to edit the TPC picture to a custom one?

Not directly. But it's a JPEG inside garden.dat, you can find it by looking for a JPEG header ("JFIF" iirc), pasting a sufficiently small in bytes image, then using an editor to fix checksums!

So I'm attempting to add the last 2 out of my 3 bridges.

Creating or removing "buildings" this way is discouraged exactly because the implementation in-game isn't prefectly known!

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, (in fact you could build a bench and convert it to a bridge), but it will be hard to find the coordinates :)
One last question before I inadvertently destroy my entire town. Would a converted PWP contribute towards perfect town as the original PWP, the converted PWP, or not at all?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to edit the TPC picture to a custom one? I want to put Jacket from Hotline Miami as mi TPC photo

Yes, manually. No editors allow this because we don't want an influx of B====D pictures. I'll hint you towards the answer, though, if it's not obvious. It's a string encoded in base64.

i wish i could find a bell editor.

You can always edit it manually in a hex editor. Fairly easy since bell count is a static value. You can find the offsets in the ram thread.

One last question before I inadvertently destroy my entire town. Would a converted PWP contribute towards perfect town as the original PWP, the converted PWP, or not at all?

I believe it contributes towards what it's converted to. The game calculates town score everytime you load your save and build new PWPs, but converted ones are treated normally.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, manually. No editors allow this because we don't want an influx of B====D pictures. I'll hint you towards the answer, though, if it's not obvious. It's a string encoded in base64.

You can always edit it manually in a hex editor. Fairly easy since bell count is a static value. You can find the offsets in the ram thread.

I believe it contributes towards what it's converted to. The game calculates town score everytime you load your save and build new PWPs, but converted ones are treated normally.
i cant dump the ram afaik

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant dump the ram afaik

Then how are you going to edit anything in the first place? You need a decrypted save or live ram access.

Edit: I'm guessing you're confused because I said 'RAM' thread. The thread is titled 'RAM thread' but it's a fairly misleading title. Just add 0x8 to the offset you see in that thread, if you're using a save.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta,

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Then how are you going to edit anything in the first place? You need a decrypted save or live ram access.

Edit: I'm guessing you're confused because I said 'RAM' thread. The thread is titled 'RAM thread' but it's a fairly misleading title. Just add 0x8 to the offset you see in that thread, if you're using a save.
i can dump the save file with JKSM and it gives 3 files garden.dat and 2 others but no ram file that i know of

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can dump the save file with JKSM and it gives 3 files garden.dat and 2 others but no ram file that i know of

Garden.dat stores all of your save data, pattern files are obvious, friends.dat stores your bestfriends, and museum.dat is unknown.

Take garden.dat, open it in a save editor, navigate to said offset (I don't have it written down), edit the value, save, fix checksum if necessary (shouldn't be, but I suggest doing it anyway), inject save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!