ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf ROM Hacking

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it and I got the glitch screen followed by a message telling me an error has occurred and to hold down the power to turn off. I guess Hans was the culprit after all then.

I'll send you my copy in pm in a bit so we know you have a copy that works

I can also confirm that bytes 1C to the end of each 34byte entry in constpack.bin is where personality/gender/voice is stored. It seems like the instrument the characters use when you greet them seems to be defined elsewhere.. I'll be able to define bytes for personality/gender/voice after I return tonight.

Update: it seems that this entire byte string is unique to each villager, so nothing about it is easily changeable to change personalities. It seems like data must be sourced from the same gender all the way through or it crashes. A villager with female dreams, family and skill bytes can't have a male personality. You can't have a female dream with male skills and family data. I'm not sure entirely how this works. It requires more studying.

The first section of data btw seems to be gender locked as well. I believe birthday data is stored here. Not the date, but things like favorite style, least favorite style and favorite color

Last edited by deishido,
Reactions: mental_lentil

MaskOfBrutality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With @scotline we are worked on the ROM a long time ago.
We can do:
Custom bfres
WVW69iWDNr0hKFmt8T

WVW69iV0tGgL6FH-TL

Custom Keyboard (romfs\Layout\Swkbd\message)
WVW69iVYyw85fqtnYC

Corruption

WVW69iR0qd4WsGzLkF

MlWA773FPoEmvaq1do

Custom texture
WVW69iQElqYInzLZot

And stuff like that
MlWA771OAEMEkFZeoF

For example with this file we can change the ground
romfs\Bg\Data\grd_jmp.bin

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJh6EElw

I will not say everything, so good luck for those who want to do some thing.
I just tried the code for walking through walls, with my villager XD

How the heck did you and scotline corrupt this game?

bokkobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank so much everyone for the info!! I was wondering does anyone know where the custom design files are? I wanted to try and make some transparent paths

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank so much everyone for the info!! I was wondering does anyone know where the custom design files are? I wanted to try and make some transparent paths
Pretty sure those are stored in the save, as they are made by the player so they aren't in the game. Though maybe you could edit the pallet so it includes transparent as a color (but idk if that is even possible depends on the way the game handles the custom paterns)

Reactions: bokkobo

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I was wondering does anyone know where the custom design files are? I wanted to try and make some transparent paths
Pretty sure those are stored in the save, as they are made by the player so they aren't in the game. Though maybe you could edit the pallet so it includes transparent as a color (but idk if that is even possible depends on the way the game handles the custom patterns)

I can confirm that custom designs are stored in the save file. The save editing spreadsheet may have exact info on where. There is a dummy texture in the rom that isnt readily used in game, but is held where custom textures would be. There is also data for default textures, such as the flower or the dashed line patterns, so it would be possilbe to include paths as default starting patterns for new player playing your romhack..

As far as transparency, that actually does seem possible. It seems that textures placed on the ground are just mapped to a square space. But if it uses a model, it may not work. if you were to get a transparent texture to be loaded, the model may show it's default texture in the "transparent" spaces. (White) this holds true on villager models anyway. (Villager models have transparency, but utilize the model's natural white color in their planning.) but I noticed that it's not entirely true across the board, so it's worth a try. (Flowers, for instance, just draw the texture where they should be, there doesnt seem to be an actual model) so it may work perfectly for you. I think theres a dummy for ground spaces stored in with FG (trees, flowers etc) so it will likely work like flowers. the only problem is getting the texture into the save and preserve transparency. Adding a transparent "color" to the pallet board would require editing game code

I don't know much about editing the save file, So I won't be able to test. If you test, be sure to post the results!

Reactions: bokkobo

Marth_x3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I replaced the title song with another song from the brawlcustommusic site. The new song is 4 mb bigger than the org. title song (a little bit over 2 mb). I putted my romfs file into the hans folder on the root and when I open the romfs file in HANS, it freezes and I get a blackscreen.

I also named the song exactly like the org. song. Don´t know why it always crashes. Any Idea how it will work?

EDIT: YES IT WORKS!! :D
I just replaced the song with a second song (Hyrule Warriors: Kakariko Village) and it works fine! I´m so proud of me :D :D :D

Last edited by Marth_x3,

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With @scotline we are worked on the ROM a long time ago.
We can do:
Custom bfres
WVW69iWDNr0hKFmt8T

WVW69iV0tGgL6FH-TL

Custom Keyboard (romfs\Layout\Swkbd\message)
WVW69iVYyw85fqtnYC

Corruption

WVW69iR0qd4WsGzLkF

MlWA773FPoEmvaq1do

Custom texture
WVW69iQElqYInzLZot

And stuff like that
MlWA771OAEMEkFZeoF

For example with this file we can change the ground
romfs\Bg\Data\grd_jmp.bin

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJh6EElw

I will not say everything, so good luck for those who want to do some thing.

Just saw this post and I have two questions:

1. Would custom bfres mean custom models? If so, why havent we seen more of them in this thread?
2. The very last image involves placing things where they shouldnt be placed, is this something we can do currently with Public Works Projects?

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw this post and I have two questions:

1. Would custom bfres mean custom models? If so, why havent we seen more of them in this thread?
2. The very last image involves placing things where they shouldnt be placed, is this something we can do currently with Public Works Projects?

Custom models seems to be something we're having trouble with. I personally cant get them to load, its probably an error on my side. I also dont have those rumored official tools, nor can I find them.

And we can put pwps anywhere with the save/ram editor, but that screen is specifically an acre data edit. They modified the ground values to make it so that pwp and houses can be set on stone. Afaik we havent been able to remove the single tile border surrounding pwps preventing them from being put against walls or eachother or whatever, just groubd data. Im not on that boat, so I dont have much info. The more experienced guys were tackling that project and had a discussion about it a few pages back.

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom models seems to be something we're having trouble with. I personally cant get them to load, its probably an error on my side. I also dont have those rumored official tools, nor can I find them.

Perhaps I could be of assistance? I'm an animator of sorts, I know my way around 3D models. What have you attempted to do in regards to models? I'm guessing you used Ohana?

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps I could be of assistance? I'm an animator of sorts, I know my way around 3D models. What have you attempted to do in regards to models? I'm guessing you used Ohana?

That would be great if you could help. A few people seem to have it figured out but they arent giving up their secrets.

It doesnt seem to be due to the models themselves, but rather sometging about their encapsulation format. Im able to export models from bcres files, but unable to reinject as there are no publicly avaliable programs and I dont know what the official programs are called to even begin looking for them. I am able to build bcres file from exported models using efe, but it doesnt seem possible to inject textures and these bcres files crash upon being called in-game.

As far as tools I've used, I only use old Ohana for texture swapping. Ohana isnt capable of much else as far as editing models. (And although rebirth supports viewing acnl models, it cant save edits and the creator refuses to add support out of disinterest) Efe is able to create bcres files, but they dont seem to work. (This may be a result of specifically which files I was editing, player files and clothing. It may work for pwp and other things, but I havent done much testing on that front since creating the files seems to be an unreliable process. )

The models im using have been exported to various formats, but we are only able to inject obj with efe, so other file types are useless anyway without a different bcres capsulation tool. I have also made sure to keep number of polygons and verts the same for some tests, but to no avail. I'm currently working under the assuption that bcres files have some kind of hashing protection/efe just cant make acnl compatable files.

The person who was able to insert custom models said they used bfres files, not bcres files. I dont know if thats a typo or not, but I havent found any bfres files. (Maybe only specific models? Pwp maybe?)

Im not much of a coder, nor do I know much about modeling, which is why my tests have been short and very simple. Im just a 2D artist. So if anyone figures out how to inject custom models, I will gladly help with textures. Im busy with work most of the time, but I try to check back in here every now and then whenever I can.

Marth_x3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you tried playing it in something like EFE to make sure it converted properly?
I used the same song in the recycle shop and there it works, but when I use it in the ablesister shop, it freezes. Don´t know why...

EDIT:
unbenanntrqusu.png

How can I change the position of redds tent near the town plaza? I want to set him under the town plaza tree (where the lime mark is, yellow is the actual position). I tried to set the town plaza a bit higher, but nothing changed with the position of redds tent.

Last edited by Marth_x3,
Reactions: Deleted User

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the same song in the recycle shop and there it works, but when I use it in the ablesister shop, it freezes. Don´t know why...

EDIT:
unbenanntrqusu.png

How can I change the position of redds tent near the town plaza? I want to set him under the town plaza tree (where the lime mark is, yellow is the actual position). I tried to set the town plaza a bit higher, but nothing changed with the position of redds tent.

This is data stored mostly within the Save File, so using the save editor is the way to go. Red's Shop, Katrina's Tent, Zipper T Bunny, Gracie Grace etc can only be moved if they are currently in the town, and I don't believe the changes will carry over to the next day. This appears to be because they are linked to the Acre itself, NOT the town tree. (You may be able to change where they spawn on the acre with some acre data?? Idrk) So as is, even if you change it, they will always spawn at the original point. This also goes for items that appear on this acre for holidays and events, and the dream bed when the town is asleep.

Currently, with the knowledge we have now, You best option would actually be to work around it. Move the tree 3 spaces right, and 3 spaces down. You'll hve to adjust your paths and shrubbery to work around it. Remember that redd's tent will disappear the next day and that this space is shared with other things like Katrina, gracie, and holiday things. If you use dream codes and plan on making this a dream town, remember that the bed will spawn about where you have the bottom two lime tiles marked.

Also, about music. I don't know much, but I suspect the able sister's music is special like the museums. Doesn't the music subtly change when you walk to labelle's half of the store? This may be because the music calls upon a silenced track to play. Like turning on a track in a midi file?? Your converted music doesnt have the expected track data so it doesnt work. Again, I don't actually know how the game processes music. This is just a hypothesis.

Last edited by deishido,

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT:
unbenanntrqusu.png

What tool are you using? Is it Marc's editor or NLSE?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto