ROM Hack Animal Crossing New Leaf Music Swap with GCN in 2017?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a romfs extraction from acnl (i think it was before the update) if that helps at all?

EDit: would i just need to rename them to STRM_BGM_*name its called*?
That does help. Just be sure to match the names up properly and place them in the stream folder.
I'll try to help with that once I organize. I'm familiar with some of the themes and the bgm of new leaf is available on smashcustom music so it might match up with most of the listed tracks in the document. I'll try to make a list with things matched up.
That would be helpful. I'll help out with a list too, if I can find the time.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a thought occurred to me. If i can dump the rom file, can i view/extract the music files straight from new leaf? I remembered something about doing that but It was using the old method of music swap.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a thought occurred to me. If i can dump the rom file, can i view/extract the music files straight from new leaf? I remembered something about doing that but It was using the old method of music swap.
You can extract the files, but the sounds will be in .bcstm format. You can use a BCSTM to WAV Converter to convert them to listenable format.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can extract the files, but the sounds will be in .bcstm format. You can use a BCSTM to WAV Converter to convert them to listenable format.
I just happened across this thread and didn't know about Luma's layered FS feature. That is great to find out!

Related: There's a plugin for foobar2000 called vgmstream that makes BCSTM, BCWAV and many other video game sound formats perfectly listenable, and can convert them to other standard formats.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just happened across this thread and didn't know about Luma's layered FS feature. That is great to find out!

Related: There's a plugin for foobar2000 called vgmstream that makes BCSTM, BCWAV and many other video game sound formats perfectly listenable, and can convert them to other standard formats.
Would you happen to have a download link to vgmstream? I'm not which is the right one from my Google searches.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally dumped the Romfs stream direct from a acnl rom sadly didn't have the Welcome amiibo bgm with it but i doubt people will go as far as to mess with that. I am unsure if i can link my converted files here or not from GDrive. They are all in WAV format.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally dumped the Romfs stream direct from a acnl rom sadly didn't have the Welcome amiibo bgm with it but i doubt people will go as far as to mess with that. I am unsure if i can link my converted files here or not from GDrive. They are all in WAV format.
I wouldn't chance it. Converted or not, they're still copyrighted content.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing to note that i've noticed is the able sisters theme is overlapped which makes it difficult to replace with the original. i've always had it freeze on me.

Pickpickles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discovered that the hourly songs are set like this. "STRM_BGM_OUTDOOR00_SUNNY.bcstm" with the two digit number being in military time.

Pickpickles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also encountered the crash when replacing the music in the Able Sisters shop. I'll report any other songs that crash.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell what's what but is the saving screen music for GameCube one of the patologue ones?
That's yet to be determined as we don't know what the Prologue sounds are. We would have to listen to them. I don't think any GC music or sfx is in this game.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's yet to be determined as we don't know what the Prologue sounds are. We would have to listen to them. I don't think any GC music or sfx is in this game.
the prologue sounds are the ones that you hear when you first arrive in town. and SUR might mean during specific holidays or even events as well...maybe unused too? im still in the process of analyzing the bgm.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: