ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- NHSE Map Sharing Thread

Vic-20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know that it's probably asked a lot, but has a .nhi file of all the new 2.0 items been released yet? I would like to make my catalog island on NHSE and a .nhi would be a lot of help :C
Or if someone already created one and would be willing to share it even better :D

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok my bad... mmhh do you use those houses? If not try and delete them and add them again anyways
I was thinking about creating a new save to try and see if it's because of the update in general, but i'm thinking it's bc the editor isn't compatible with ceiling items yet? Like, for the player houses. I don't really know for sure, but it's something that'd make sense to look into.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was thinking about creating a new save to try and see if it's because of the update in general, but i'm thinking it's bc the editor isn't compatible with ceiling items yet? Like, for the player houses. I don't really know for sure, but it's something that'd make sense to look into.
Migth be, i never edit house on nhse, better done directly

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How to design a island with showcase + pick up

1. Lets start with an empty island (optional)
1.jpg

2.in this case i will create a NHI that we will need for 1 x 1 items (i can do bigger, but this is a basic tutorial)
2.jpg

3. Now we are gonna position or map on an empty plot to drop the nhi
3.jpg

4. Click on "remove items" and select "Spawn" -- "ItemsfromNHI", and keep spawning until you fill the space you want to use
4.jpg

4.1. In my case i filled all the map
5.jpg

5. Click "Remove items", hold shift and select "branches
6.jpg
7.jpg

6. Now drop a NHI file with the items that you want to showcase (since clothes need 1x1 its easier) and make sure its horizontal drop
8.jpg
9.jpg

7. Now we are gonna dislplay the items. Click on "Remove Items" -- "Batch editor" and use the code ".IsDropped=false"
11.jpg
12.jpg

8. Now all items will be displayed on the island (if the icon on the editor have a + icon means its dropped)
13.jpg

9. Now we are gonna delete all shells (like the branches) and drop again the nhi
14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg

10. Now delete all apples with batch editor with the code
=ItemId=2213
.ItemId=65534

the codes means:
2213 = apple itemid
65534 = empty spot ID
17.jpg

now check on your island, i dont have photos now. this a basic tutorial, and can be used to make so much more, as long anyone use whats shown here

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by Xjackio,

Bierfreund

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made my own catalog island and honestly that kind of island its a waste of time imo.
What i want its for the other to catalog fast and easy, using that kind of placement migth add another hour or so
i'm quite sure you don't want to share (i know it's a lot of work) but i thought why not at least try asking ;)
I found a .nhi file with all items in the Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs Thread and i also saw your great tutorial how to make an island with showcase and items to pick, but it only works with 1x1 items, and this update has a lot of big items. I don't know how to change the method for bigger items, and i also think if you change it you will waste a lot of space for the smaller items...

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i'm quite sure you don't want to share (i know it's a lot of work) but i thought why not at least try asking ;)
I found a .nhi file with all items in the Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs Thread and i also saw your great tutorial how to make an island with showcase and items to pick, but it only works with 1x1 items, and this update has a lot of big items. I don't know how to change the method for bigger items, and i also think if you change it you will waste a lot of space for the smaller items...
Yeah, i used the same metod to do a 3x3 island, i could do something more detailed, but ppl need to learn to think outside the box.
For a 3x3 island used for example 1 pear, 3 apples, 1 coconut and 1 cherry.
The apple.its the drop spot and the pears work as stopgaps, bc that space will be used when the furniture gets shown.

Maybe i could save space if i make a
-------------- arrangement, but i like doing squares

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK. No sharing, as expected, nevertheless many thanks for the dump an the explanations!
I cant share my map but let me explain how do it
First make a nhi that will be used as marker. It must have in this order apple, pear, tree branch, pear, pear, branch,coconut, cherry, tree branch, tree branch and last tree branch.

Place the nhi on the map and fill the spot you will need.

Delete every apple with batch editor (or switch by a conch and just delete shells)

Drop nhi with items

Use code ".isdropped=false"
(So every object will have flag0= 0)

Delete coconuts
Drop nhi
Delete cherrys
Drop nhi
(In this case im using 2 drops to pick up)

Delete pears and thats it

jahminiquexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I made my own catalog island and honestly that kind of island its a waste of time imo.
What i want its for the other to catalog fast and easy, using that kind of placement migth add another hour or so
I also made my own treasure / catalog island it’s so cool I love it if anyone wants to see

Reactions: Vic-20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro