ROM Hack Animal Crossing New Horizons Item Spawning Tool

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For those of you who want to add their own Graphics or contribute in any way
The biggest and best resource for images is https://nookplaza.net/

They list most variants too. Each item gives you a clue that there are other colours available
e.g. Wedding Pipe Organ , set quantity to 0,1 or 9 for White, 2 or 10 = Dark Brown, 3 = Natural
4,5,6,7 or 8 = Red which isn't listed? Be wary experimenting with qty for colour variants.

*** Warning *** If the item is not recognised on your Switch i.e. it doesn't show a name, do not drop or
place the item in your game. Either delete or overwrite it with one it does recognise otherwise you will
end up with a junk item that you cant pick up.

You need to convert the webp to png format, don't try and use these in Poker, they wont display in the current release.
They are smaller than png files though and would be great if they can be supported in a later release?

Note - MS Paint doesn't preserve the transparency properties of png or webp.
Online web tool https://converter.download3k.com/webp-to-png Limited to 100 conversions per day
Pixillion will do 50 in free trial mode https://www.nchsoftware.com/imageconverter/index.html

You will need to rename the file to match that on the list in Poker
Place in the sub folder that the category is shown as in Poker

These are already png format so no need for conversion https://villagerdb.com/

Other great pages for information https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Cheat files https://www.cheatslips.com/game/animal-crossing-new-horizons

Great online Graphics Editor https://pixlr.com/x/ or https://pixlr.com/e/

Regards

I use pngyu to compress my png. Although not smallest in file size, it is easier to work with.

As for webp support, I tried but the transparency does not work so I gave up.
0000.png

Reactions: Kru5h

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use pngyu to compress my png. Although not smallest in file size, it is easier to work with.

0000.png

No worries, thanks for trying it out
Anyway to run this on macbook?

I think its just Linux and Windows at the moment.
If you ask the devs they may be able to compile a version for Mac?

Gelliebeen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to make a warning so people don't make the same mistake I did. Lol.
The Turnips spawned in your inventory are unsellable, unstackable, and if you drop them you can't pick them up again.

The only way I found to get rid of the glitched turnip on the ground was to move a building on top of it.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

0000.png
Found a bug in the program or may not be but i'll tell you anyway, So If I have my switch lite in the same room as my hacked switch and turn the switch lite on and boot the game on it, both same IP on the same internet the program will not work on my hacked switch at all so i have to turn my switch lite 100% off because even turning it on local play seems to still give the problem but don't know how but when I turn the switch lite off my hacked switch will run 100% fine with the program.

AnotherSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a weird issue where it connects and shows my inventory fine but when I try to spawn something most items don't do anything, the ones that do spawn something are only making villager photo items, even if that isn't the item I spawned. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
I'm in animal crossing version 1.2 and my switch is version 9.2 if that makes any difference.
I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting the game, and redownloading the progam and item list.

Reactions: hvnbtlg

Kuumat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping my question again

"I still can't get the diys to work. atm I've tried all of the cherry-blossom diys spawn them in then nothing shows up in-game." does anyone have a work around?

Ive tryed editing the items file to add it
I tryed typing the id in 0117 and 117 with no luck

Kinda out of ideas

hvnbtlg

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
I'm having a weird issue where it connects and shows my inventory fine but when I try to spawn something most items don't do anything, the ones that do spawn something are only making villager photo items, even if that isn't the item I spawned. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
I'm in animal crossing version 1.2 and my switch is version 9.2 if that makes any difference.
I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting the game, and redownloading the progam and item list.

I’m having a very similar issue.
For instance, anytime I select the ACNH Switch item, it will spawn “Randy’s Picture” instead

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the program kept on closing by itself, anyone else got the issue?
Are you using Release 4 and check whether you have items and recipe.csv files in the same folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For instance, anytime I select the ACNH Switch item, it will spawn “Randy’s Picture” instead

Usually a problem with other apps poking the same memory. Edizon definitely interferes with this and has strange consquences.
The cheat system in Atmosphere could also be affecting it. Turn off your cheats by holding L if using Edizon or remove the cheat files for ACNH as they are no doubt trying to access the same memory locations.

There are a few people reporting similar issues and have posted how they have resolved. Usually by renaming or removing Edizon files/cheats.

I'm using 9.2 AMS 0.10.4 booting using fusee, Release 4 from MyshilingStar, v1.0 from KingLycosa and v0.6 by HellsAdvocate, all are working fine on v1.2 ACNH.

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Found a bug in the program or may not be but i'll tell you anyway, So If I have my switch lite in the same room as my hacked switch and turn the switch lite on and boot the game on it, both same IP on the same internet the program will not work on my hacked switch at all so i have to turn my switch lite 100% off because even turning it on local play seems to still give the problem but don't know how but when I turn the switch lite off my hacked switch will run 100% fine with the program.

If you have two switches, and connect to the same network, they should have DIFFERENT IP.
I don't understand how you manage to get them to have same ip.
I have 8 switches on my desk and they all have different IPs. I can connect to them individually without any problem.

I'm having a weird issue where it connects and shows my inventory fine but
when I try to spawn something most items don't do anything, the ones that do spawn something are only making villager photo items, even if that isn't the item I spawned. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Bumping my question again

"I still can't get the diys to work. atm I've tried all of the cherry-blossom diys spawn them in then nothing shows up in-game." does anyone have a work around?

Ive tryed editing the items file to add it
I tryed typing the id in 0117 and 117 with no luck

Kinda out of ideas

If you are able to connect but the spawned item does not appear in-game or wrong items appear, it means you have other system process running in the background causing the address shifted.
You can check your sd:\config folder. If you can see "sys-clk", "sys-ftpd-light", "sys-con" or anything similar, it means you have installed them.
ppppppppppppppppppppppppp.png

If you are using Kosmos "Defaults" SD setup, some Sys Modules are known to cause problem with the in-game inventroy addresses.
Please avoid choosing "sys-clk", "sys-ftpd-light", "sys-con" or "ldn_mitm" in the SD packages.
If you are not sure, please use "Minimal" instead.

Thanks to our friends on the other thread. We can now spawn sparkling flowers.
(Let me know if you think your name should be be credited.)

Flower Mode will spawn proper gene flowers with sparkling effect (watered by 5 people).

However, gold rose & lily of the valley is currently missing.
If you have them obtained legitimately, please let me know.
relese5.png

Last edited by MyShiLingStar,
Reactions: crstofer and Kru5h

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have two switches, and connect to the same network, they should have DIFFERENT IP.
I don't understand how you manage to get them to have same ip.
I have 8 switches on my desk and they all have different IPs. I can connect to them individually without any problem.

If you are able to connect but the spawned item does not appear in-game or wrong items appear, it means you have other system process running in the background causing the address shifted.
You can check your sd:\config folder. If you can see "sys-clk", "sys-ftpd-light", "sys-con" or anything similar, it means you have installed them.
ppppppppppppppppppppppppp.png

If you are using Kosmos "Defaults" SD setup, some Sys Modules are known to cause problem with the in-game inventroy addresses.
Please avoid choosing "sys-clk", "sys-ftpd-light", "sys-con" or "ldn_mitm" in the SD packages.
If you are not sure, please use "Minimal" instead.

Flower Mode will spawn proper gene flowers with sparkling effect (watered by 5 people).

relese5.png

hI, Is this version released? Also tried the Full list parsed from the json file that has leading zeros in the ID , this currently doesn't find the images. It shows them when you spawn but on refresh shows as a leaf icon, suggesting no match?

Great work though, liking the flower mode

Jinxthejiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this is probably a dumb question, but if i use this tool could i get more than the 10 villagers since you can spawn campsite markers? or would it just not work since Tom Nook wouldn't recognize it

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so this is probably a dumb question, but if i use this tool could i get more than the 10 villagers since you can spawn campsite markers? or would it just not work since Tom Nook wouldn't recognize it

No, it does not work and will most likely crash the game if your try to use it.
In fact, I do not recommand spawning any event items at all. Spawn multiple mailbox could corrupt your save too.

hI, Is this version released? Also tried the Full list parsed from the json file that has leading zeros in the ID , this currently doesn't find the images. It shows them when you spawn but on refresh shows as a leaf icon, suggesting no match?

Great work though, liking the flower mode

Not yet, just found a giant bug and need fixing. Will release it very soon.

Reactions: Kru5h

Jinxthejiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it does not work and will most likely crash the game if your try to use it.
In fact, I do not recommand spawning any event items at all. Spawn multiple mailbox could corrupt your save too.

Not yet, just found a giant bug and need fixing. Will release it very soon.
ah okay thanks yeah i'll be avoiding that haha

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

relese5.png

Updated to add Sparkling Flower Mode (Note that the sparkling effect only last one day.)
These flowers also has proper gene info to reproduce.

Attachments

• Release5.zip
    109 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by MyShiLingStar,

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this, will try it out :)

Would it also be possible to add a Backup / Restore Function that can copy the contents of slots 1-40 for player 1 and 2?
If this could also be 'save as' so you can backup / restore form multiple files this would allow users to create their own custom
selections?

Can you map [DEL] button to delete an item, as well as using existing right click to delete?
Can we also map [INS] to insert an item , as well as existing [F2]

Rather than Refresh button can we have a user setting?

Refresh=0, Manual, Shown as is with Reset button displayed
Refresh=1, Auto every 1 sec, Shown as [Auto Refresh]

Kept in the user settings with the IP address?

Can the Connect Button be toggled to Connect / Disconnect?

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Works well... question someone has posted the full items list if I use it even though the pictures are not displayed will they display in the game?

You can still spawn the item in game even the image could not be displayed.
To make the image display correctly you have to place the images in the following format:
Code:
/img/[Category]/[item name].png

For example to get "ringtoss" display image correctly
You need a file at:
Code:
/img/housewares/ringtoss.png

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can still spawn the item in game even the image could not be displayed.
To make the image display correctly you have to place the images in the following format:
Code:
/img/[Category]/[item name].png

For example to get "ringtoss" display image correctly
You need a file at:
Code:
/img/housewares/ringtoss.png

Cool thanks for the reply....so as far as in game goes the item will display correctly...its just in the spawn tool it will show as the red X

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Cool thanks for the reply....so as far as in game goes the item will display correctly...its just in the spawn tool it will show as the red X
True, it just cannot display the missing images.

Until someone fix the [Category] inside the full item list and match it with the image pack. But there are more than 8000 items...

Thanks for this, will try it out :)

Would it also be possible to add a Backup / Restore Function that can copy the contents of slots 1-40 for player 1 and 2?
If this could also be 'save as' so you can backup / restore form multiple files this would allow users to create their own custom
selections?

Can you map [DEL] button to delete an item, as well as using existing right click to delete?
Can we also map [INS] to insert an item , as well as existing [F2]

Rather than Refresh button can we have a user setting?

Refresh=0, Manual, Shown as is with Reset button displayed
Refresh=1, Auto every 1 sec, Shown as [Auto Refresh]

Kept in the user settings with the IP address?

Can the Connect Button be toggled to Connect / Disconnect?

Backup / Restore is possible. But not on first priority.
The function would require a lot of work but might not save you much time.
Right now it is already very easy to spawn any items with just a few click.

[DEL],[INS], Disconnect button will be included in the next build.

Auto Refresh might not be a good idea. I don't know how often you can safely peek the switch memory.
Peeking it too often might stress the switch and could crash the game.
That is also why I added the "Please wait..." message when you use the Spawn all/Clear all buttons.
Give some time for the switch to catch up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q