1. thinbagel

thinbagel Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    thanks, so I need to make sure I buy a new hackable switch and I can transfer the save, I assume doing this makes the risk of banning the new console fairly low?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Indeed. Whenever you install CFW, be prepared for a ban - it may not happen if you're lucky, but you're never guaranteed to be 100% safe.

3. thinbagel

thinbagel Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    thanks, I'll do my best to cover my back better this time as I think I know where I went wrong last time, but good to know I can get my saves moved across!

4. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Using JKSV, is it just a straightforward backup-SD-transfer-restore process to move data from one modded Switch to another, or are there other steps involved? Last time I tried, I got an error message about save corruption when starting up the game but then again I don't remember checking if the two consoles had the same update patch for the game so I'm not sure if that was the reason.

5. Serafinap

Serafinap Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    I got a smiliar question. Got a legit Swtich with legit ACNH, I know someone who has a hacked one. (I dont know the specifics)
    They offered that i visit their Island and get some Items. It would be via online play, is it safe or do I risk a ban with getting hacked items from a hacked switch?

6. veenx0704

veenx0704 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you will have a risk whenever you connect to online (at least thats what most people will say). The safest method is JKSV AND USE NHSE.

the part that idk is which mode to play online: cfw systand or cfw emunand.

7. gblock247

gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    so long story short (if you can afford to) have an unmodded unhacked switch with a legit copy of Animal Crossing and your modded one and only connect with each other via local play (or your friends who have legit switches and you have a modded one) only do it via local (non-internet) play (and just to be on the safe side, don't give them any items that aren't in the game)?

Got it.

lilithx likes this.
  8. MaryAline

MaryAline Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I have tried to look for this but not found it anywhere.
    if a modded device visiting a legit device's Island, and start spawning item(with cheats on) on the legit switch island [all this happened on the Local play], Will the legit device be banned if going online ? will it kinda corrupt the island data reading because cheat is used there?

Friend of mine helping me in the wrong way, and I have not turn play online ever since, it is better for me to reset rather than getting ban. I myself does not use anything, but the modded device does use cheat while on my island.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by MaryAline, May 5, 2020
  9. catlady77

catlady77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    has a unmodded switch ever been banned for communicating with a hacked switch/that hacked switch having cheats on while visiting the legit switch?
    i think you wouldve heard about unhacked switches being banned by now if that were the case. even before animal crossing.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I'm surprised by the number of boxed villagers sellers on ebay - you can be pretty sure that the villagers are hacked since you could pick any, but the sellers don't seem to have been banned yet.

11. catlady77

United States
    those ebay sellers are crazy. $35 for a furniture/diy set???? 80 per villager? out of their damn mind

12. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

It's the people actually buying them that are crazy.

MeAndHax and catlady77 like this.
  13. catlady77

United States
    I found my new side hustle!!!!

subcon959 likes this.
  14. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    While we're on the topic of bans, if you have your switch with a real nintendo ID and purchases banned, is that account gone forever or could you have nintendo unlink the account from that device and then log in on a new unbanned switch? I know transfer isn't possible since you can't connect to nintendo servers if banned.

Hopefully that question makes sense.

15. Calcifer13

Calcifer13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm pretty sure they only ban the console, not the Nintendo account.

16. catlady77

United States
    they can ban nintendo accounts if you're found guilty of chargeback or credit card fraud

17. obs123194

obs123194 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    so you were online on sysnand cfw?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you installed a NSP on your sysnand? im confused

18. LucioDragon

LucioDragon GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    ok so after time has passed.
    is it totally safe to trade items generated from cheat codes, with local play, from a cfw banned switch to a unbanned legit switch?

i have both, a legit switch and a cfw switch that is already banned.

19. catlady77

United States
    sounds to me legit switches cannot be banned considering ive done the following

played with local cheats on connected to unhacked
    traded a million times to my unhacked

can you imagine how much backlash nintendo would recieve if unhacked got banned just for communicating with a hacked switch? unhacked switches has no altered cfw and when youre on local play you are taken off the internet to begin with

LucioDragon likes this.
  20. LucioDragon

LucioDragon GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    played with local on cheats enable? wow that sure sounds x20 times risky from what i was thinking, i was going to use your codes to spam objs, drop them, close and open game with no cheats, and then pick everything as i go to my island from my ofw switch.

and yeah, considering what's going on with nookazon, it would be quite a backlash

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Discussion, Horizons, Crossing