Hacking Animal Crossing: City Folk & Gecko Codes

SJ64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: This is NOT a question, just some random experience I felt like sharing.

For some strange reason, whenever I tried to use them, it would say that my save is corrupt or something like that (even though, it actually isn't).

It was weird. Certain code combinations worked (as in having multiple codes on at once), while some did not.

I'm not sure if this was some weird way of handling cheat-code protection, mainly due to the fact that loading up the game with little to no codes won't say that your save is corrupt, while using more than usual will give you a "YOUR SAVE IS CORRUPT" message.

I think that certain town-modifier codes are the cause of this. Maybe it's just too much information to change at the title screen?

In a similar way to seeding in Wild World (back when people actually did that), you could not progress to the title screen if someone put a building where they're not supposed to. Resulting in the cartridge being bricked, since there was no real way to erase the data before the title screen was loaded (aside from exporting/importing/editing saves)...

...but in City Folk, instead of making the disk unplayable, you could always just delete your save file off of your Wii.

I don't know, it's just really weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.