Angry Birds Coming To The Big Screen?

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
10244565_ori.jpg

There has been rumblings that video game company Rovio had plans for a movie adaptation of their mobile phone hit Angry Birds since last summer. This week, Rovio got a bit closer to seeing that actually happen with the hiring of David Maisel, who was partly responsible for helping Marvel become its own movie studio.

Rovio's plan for David Maisel is for him to oversee the formation of an entire entertainment franchise based on the Angry Birds concept, including toys, more games and a franchise of Angry Birds feature films. For those not familiar, the premise of Angry Birds is that some evil pigs have kidnapped the eggs of the birds, and so they are angry, and need to be slingshot at the pigs' structures, freeing the eggs and killing the pigs. So, basically, imagine that as a CGI animated movie, and that's what Rovio wants to bring to your local cineplex.[/p]

arrow.gif
Angry Source

Get your slingshots ready folks.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
... Again, I shall wait and see before commenting.

However, I've got to admit, this is getting rather ridiculous. They're making movies out of everything...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the lateness of this reply, I was at the funeral for original thought, watching Hollywood hammer in that last nail.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
OTT much? I think it's terrible how Angry birds got so much popularity when almost the same game called 'Crush the Castle' was made ages before. (Crush the Castle was a copy of another game but asked the owner for permission first).

D

Deleted User

NO, JUST NO
We could use the money on important things, like world hunger
tongue.gif

Not on a movie about birds with a cause!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
king_leo said:
NO, JUST NO
tongue.gif

THIS.

Think about how much it'll cost to animate each bird in this movie, given how expensive and time consuming it is to animate things like fur, feathers and water. Assuming this is a fully CGI film (pretty sure live action would create issues with PETA) then this film will easily cost millions of dollars that could have been used to take a whack at curing a disease, or feeding a third world nation, or putting an end to child labour. No, we've got so much money we can apparantly afford to piss it away on something as deeply pointless as this.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
king_leo said:
NO, JUST NO
tongue.gif

This about sums this up.
There is no need for this movie make this movie. Please guys, use that money for something better!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
king_leo said:
NO, JUST NO
tongue.gif

THIS.

Think about how much it'll cost to animate each bird in this movie, given how expensive and time consuming it is to animate things like fur, feathers and water. Assuming this is a fully CGI film (pretty sure live action would create issues with PETA) then this film will easily cost millions of dollars that could have been used to take a whack at curing a disease, or feeding a third world nation, or putting an end to child labour. No, we've got so much money we can apparantly afford to piss it away on something as deeply pointless as this.

I totally agree but, if you want to donate the money to charity etc. then why not make the film and give the profits to charity? That way were money will be given.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
movies are for entertainment, entertainment only comes when yer mind empties of important matters. Ever enjoy a movie when u have exams 2 days later and yer mind is thinking about it? no when u start watching the movie, the important things empty out

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
movies are for entertainment, entertainment only comes when yer mind empties of important matters. Ever enjoy a movie when u have exams 2 days later and yer mind is thinking about it? no when u start watching the movie, the important things empty out

and this is related how...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0