Angry Birds - Now Bad Piggies

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ComeTurismO, Sep 4, 2012.

Sep 4, 2012
  1. ComeTurismO
    OP

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNX-dEsf-sk​
    There you go! a new-like Angry Birds (lets see whats gonna be new), it's going to be released for:

> Source

OOPS! CAN A MOD CHANGE THE TITLE TO "Angry Birds, and now another new game, called Bad Piggies". Deceptive title.

2. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    YEAH! GET HYPE! LETS HEAR IT FOR ALL NEW GAMEPLAY WE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!
    LETS SHOOT THE PIGS OUT OF CANNONS THAT WE HAVE TO BLOW INTO THE PHONE TO WORK! LETS MAKE THE PIGS GET SHOT AT HUMANS THIS TIME FOR TURNING THEM INTO BACON! WHAT A TWIST!

That post gave me an aneurysm..

2 people like this.
  3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I wonder what game they'll rip off for this one?

The description of it sounds like yet another Incredible Machine/Sid & Al's Crazy Toons style game.

2 people like this.
  4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Sounds like more shit.

3 people like this.
  5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
  6. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    How dare they sully Freddy Mercury's name.

4 people like this.
  7. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    If anybody on this site buys this game I'm going to slap each and every one of you upside the head until the word "CRACK!" appears in the air.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dingoo-fan 32

Member Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    "Something PIG is coming"

What a (bad) pun!

1 person likes this.
  9. TwinRetro

United States
    Buy? I have never paid for Angry Birds in any form. With so many ways to get it free, and legally no less, who would?

10. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    There's nothing wrong with Angry Birds - they took the ages-old idea of the catapult/slingshot and built upon it. Sure, there were many games like it in the past, but Rovio took something mildly amusing and turned it into a phenomenon. Their game may not be the prettiest of the lot, it may not be the most complicated of them all, it may not require much thought, but hey, guess what? It's fun and many people forget about that factor when it comes to games.

Angry Birds is the epitomy of "casual gaming" - games that do not require their target audience to have any previous contact with video games at all. It's cheap, it's approachable and it's fun - you can't deny those three simple points, and if you feel like yelping that it rips off something, you're doing the same thing Apple does by saying that Samsung handsets look like iPhones.

1 person likes this.
  11. Vampire Lied

Member Vampire Lied Resident sociopath

United States
    In the words of Peter Griffin's ass:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO.............no.

@foxi: Yes casual games can be mindless fun and get non gamers to play games. BUT (and maybe I'm wrong here) when "casual" gaming really took off, I understood it was supposed to be a way to get non-gamers into gaming and eventually become a "core" gamer for lack of a better term.
    The result I'm personally seeing is that casual gamers staying casual. For instance I have a nephew that loves casual games but likes traditional core games too. He's 9, so we are talking games like Mario, racing games etc. Problem is that whereas those of us that grew up without casual games know the fun of failing over and over til you get the top score or beat the game. I know you can fail at some casual games, but the "punishment" doesn't seem as bad. My point is that as a result, he tends to give up when he fails at core games and chooses to play roblox or minecraft or some other game that is in my eyes casual or way less challenging or lacks any challenge at all. No, survival mode in minecraft doesn't count. It makes it frustrating to try and play more advanced stuff with him. That's probably not everyone's reason for hating on the casual genre, but that's why I tend to lump casual and shovelcrap into the same category. Casual games ARE indeed good games to play whilst taking a shit though. :P

12. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    They couldn't even think of a better title?
    Something like Greedy Piggies or Naughty Piggies? You know, something-y to go with Angry?

13. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Expecting casual games to turn non-gamers into "core" gamers is like expecting Connect Four to be a gateway to D&D...

1 person likes this.
  14. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    There were always games aimed at the casual player, video gaming started out as a casual thing. It's just snobs who label any game that isn't hard as casual.

4 people like this.
  15. Vampire Lied

Member Vampire Lied Resident sociopath

United States
    Growing up with Atari console and Namco games and such in arcades, I don't recall any casual games. Maybe I just didn't play them if they did exist. Games back then were made to kick your ass so you would pop in more quarters.
    I just don't remember any games back then that were overly easy as to not piss off newbz or even games with no actual goal. Guess it just depends on what you grew up with. Yes, a lot of Atari games were easy to pick up and play, but hard to master. Hell, games nowadays all have tutorial levels so kids don't even have to attempt to read the manual. That's just my take on casual gaming. I'm not trying to speak for everyone, just explain my reasoning for my frustration at the casual market. But sure, ill play this game for free whilst taking a deuce I'm sure. But is it something like OMG HOLY SHIT NEW ANGRY BIRDZ GAME I MUST HAVE IT. AND THE PILLOW, WATCH, SHOES, PLETHORA OF OTHER BULLSHIT CAUSE THIS GAME IS EPIC!!! To me, casual games were supposed to be the gateway drug into core games. At least that's how it was pitched.

16. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    Great more rovio shit how long till we see piggies plastered on badly made bags, pillows and other junk as well as overpriced and overrated plush toys?

17. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    About -1.5 years?

4 people like this.
  18. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    Fuck they have the garbage out already I've only ever seen the angry birds crap here the pigs must be too ugly for our shops :creep:.

19. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    *Fixed

Have never pay for Angry Birds and I'm not going to pay for this.

20. TwinRetro

United States
    Boxing and Tank, not to mention Pong and Asteroids come right off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others, but I never actually owned an Atari. I just played with one at my friend's house. And easy to pick up and play is the very definition of casual. It doesn't really matter how hard a game is to "master"

I remember a CASUAL game that garnered just as much attention, spinoff shows and merchandise as Angry Birds. Care to take any guesses?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Everything said, Angry Birds isn't my cup of tea. But I can see why many people like it. I'm not going to bash it just because everyone has Angry Birds Fever right now.