Homebrew Suggestion Android for Switch?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes it's possible. No nobody's working on it as far as I'm aware.
GBA Temp is pretty much divided down the middle on if it's a good thing or not and you're most likely (unfortunately) to get a load of "why on earth would you want Android on the Switch" responses to this question as opposed to actual specific details about how it's possible any any hurdles involved.

There are a few threads around on the subject if you look back far enough. I had a quick look on your behalf but couldn't find them and need to head out now. They're definitely around, though!

kaPutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a series of repos on Github by "KaeruTeam" which look to be tackling it but take caution, they come with stern disclaimers and have had no commits in a while.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Reactions: kaPutt and Pleng

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys!

Hopefully at very least, we can get Steam PC game streaming going. Android Shield TV OS would be damn sweet!
Yeah there’s some AAA games like resident evil 5, tomb raider, metal gear 2,3,5,risk. Of course besides bunches of games and emulators.
Play all these things portably is really a big deal.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shield TV is more powerful than switch.
Absolutely not. When we running lakka the switch clock speed back to 1.9 ghz. But Nintendo underclock it maybe for some reason (I think related to battery life).
Also Nvidia Shield tv has 3 GB of ram unlike switch 4 GB of ram

So both of these devices are the same if not the switch is more powerful.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely not. When we running lakka the switch clock speed back to 1.9 ghz. But Nintendo underclock it maybe for some reason (I think related to battery life).
Also Nvidia Shield tv has 3 GB of ram unlike switch 4 GB of ram

So both of these devices are the same if not the switch is more powerful.

What about thermal throttling? The switch suffers enough to keep the heat away with under clocked freqs, unlocked would be awesome to use outdoors in winter or to heat the living room.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill