OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yo

i live in holland ( small cold county always rain )
but i want to order is from the usa but i heard something about locked region stuff and i don't get it
so if i buy the dsi from usa what can't i do ( like i can't play usa games of i cant go to dsishop )

pls help me
smile.gif

GTScelica93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you purchase a DSi from the USA, you'll be able to play all of the previous DS games, as they are region free - and maybe all future DS games as well. But games/apps from the DSi Shop are locked are locked down by region.

soulfire

gear... secando
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sanderino said:
Yoow fellow Regio Rotterdammer xD

Yeah? is there a big difference in prize in the us and dutch DSi?

Rotterdammer ftw

but is is really difference in money it would save me alot of money but i want it so bad
tongue.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
you might want to consider what the US DSi-shop can offer. If it offers the same quality from the Japanese and from your country then there's a chance for you to decide.

Since I lived in the Philippines, getting a US DSi is a must though getting a HongKong DSi or a Korean DSi is out of the question.

I must say that Philippines uses the US version.

In your question, if that's too expensive for you to buy a local DSi, I would say it will be worth it if it will be easy for you to get local Nintendo Points. If there are US Nintend Points around, you might want to cosider getting a US one.

Regards,
Chris

oliebol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want a Dsi too, I'm getting one for my birthday (this month). What is the best flashcart for the DSi? Because the r4ds doesn't work and I do need a flashcart badly
tongue.gif
Which one do you recommend ( I did'nt think it was necesarry to make another topic just for this, unless you think this should be in an other topic )

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you are best off getting a imported dsi because if you buy a european one you will have to wait for stuff to come out much longer compared to the usa releases.

basically if i was to get a dsi it would be a american one. (only problem is voltage problems between us and europe)

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
based on the pricing, it would probably cost you a similiar amount for the u.s. DSi (including shipping to your country from the states).

however, as others have stated, each region's DSi is region locked for DSware games, applets, etc.

if you were to purchase a u.s. DSi, you would need to purchase nintendo point cards (2000 pts at 20usd) from someone here in the states so that you could enter them to then purchase u.s. DSware titles from the store channel on your DSi.

oliebol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
The Ak2i is the only current working DSi flashcard for european, american and japanese DSs. You could just get a european dsi as a import.
Oo ok thanks, is it a good one, btw ? I mean with good firmware etc.

jalaneme said:
you are best off getting a imported dsi because if you buy a european one you will have to wait for stuff to come out much longer compared to the usa releases.

basically if i was to get a dsi it would be a american one. (only problem is voltage problems between us and europe)
O I think I'm getting a European (Dutch) Dsi. It does'nt matter to me if I'll have to wait voor stuff. I 'll just be patient. Like I always am, just like with SSBB that was released like 3 months after the American release
tongue.gif

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
Zerotance said:
The Ak2i is the only current working DSi flashcard for european, american and japanese DSs. You could just get a european dsi as a import.

no its not.
i have a uk dsi an im using TopToy DSTTi with a 4gb memcard and it works fine!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1