Anbernic announces launch date for the RG405V retro handheld

Screenshot_2023-09-02-18-19-29-340_app.revanced.android.youtube.png

Retro handheld manufacturer Anbernic has announced the launch date for its upcoming handheld, the RG405V. As the device's naming suggests, it is a vertically-oriented device with the same specs as the RG405M that launched earlier this year. This means that the Unisoc Tiger T618 chip that powers it will run up to Gamecube games fine, with PS2 emulation being title-dependent at best. The Anbernic RG405V will be available to purchase as from September 4th and will sell at a discounted $130 for a limited (unspecified) period of time, after which will cost $138. Keep an eye out for our official review to learn more about the handheld!

:arrow: SOURCE

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin plays Windwaker perfectly on my Pixel 4. Old ass phone.
The PlayStation Backbone controller looks absolutely perfect, but god damn it's expensive.

Whenever I buy that, I'll just download all the roms I want to play and install the emulators/RetroArch.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
LOL at your weak and transparent attempts to deflect. You know what it said. So do I. The people don't because of you. "Profanity".

Stop posting please. I told you before you're making yourself look bad. Please stop. If you need to get the last word in in order to feel better about yourself then I'll allow it. Anything to bring some happiness to your shill laden review life.
Never forget that your use of the forum is contingent on whether *I* allow it. I’ve been remarkably lenient with you, so you can take it and leave it be or press the issue and test your luck further. Calling other people names normally reserved to “ladies of the night” (and even that’s in bad taste, I’d don’t think they’d appreciate it) is generally poorly received. If you don’t believe me, you can test that theory by approaching any random stranger and calling them that. If you think you’re being treated unfairly, you’re welcome to report this horrific mod abuse you’ve experienced here. I’m afraid I’ve ran out of fucks to give, my patience is limited.

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ever noticed how EVERYTHING on here gets a pretty much glowing review? Thats because they want more free stuff. Quite insulting to the users but then the EOF shows this place doesn't exactly attract the pick of the litter when it comes to brains or even thinking for themselves.
EOF is for shit posting; not sure why'd you'd judge someone by the content posted there.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The PlayStation Backbone controller looks absolutely perfect, but god damn it's expensive.

Whenever I buy that, I'll just download all the roms I want to play and install the emulators/RetroArch.
I wish we had more options akin to the Flex from Gamevice. Being able to use the controller without removing the case is a HUGE bonus... but their app is absolute garbage.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another oversized emulation device in the DMG Gameboy form factor from a company that constantly recycles a new model every other month which makes buying anything from them impractical to keep up w/. Not only is a lackluster chip being used to power it, but it being vertically oriented I consider to be a poor design decision and this device cannibalizes the sales of their other previously released devices that use the same chip.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Never forget that your use of the forum is contingent on whether *I* allow it. I’ve been remarkably lenient with you, so you can take it and leave it be or press the issue and test your luck further. Calling other people names normally reserved to “ladies of the night” (and even that’s in bad taste, I’d don’t think they’d appreciate it) is generally poorly received. If you don’t believe me, you can test that theory by approaching any random stranger and calling them that. If you think you’re being treated unfairly, you’re welcome to report this horrific mod abuse you’ve experienced here. I’m afraid I’ve ran out of fucks to give, my patience is limited.

I actually wanted to thank you. I thought your standing by your morals was impressive and congratulate you for being so professional. If you're upset in any way then feel free to ban me. I won't mind. Do what you think is best for the community.

Ho, ho, ho! Merry September!

Reactions: iamisaac

hiryuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, these things are honestly just unnecessary landfill. Ive never seen anybody actually using these things for an extended period of time. Love it or hate it but its true

As an owner and user of the Miyoo Mini Plus... I have to agree. I use mine daily for PCE Engine and Gameboy (GB/GBC/GBA) games, but many people I know who have bought a "retro" handheld have either lost interest within days or ended up on a constant buying cycle to get a little more compatibility.

I just wanted a dedicated handheld with retroachievements and support for pre-32 bit systems. I feel like a decent Android phone paired with a controller would meet most people's needs...

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
T618 Gamecube games? Not a chance. My Motorola E40 almost same specs can't run Wind Waker in stable 30 fps.
Man old snapdragon 845 xiaomi Pocophone F1. Can't run this game without problems. You need dolphin for handheld emu version.
Nice price, but still not enough power to run GC games in full speed.
This isn't for me. On my Steam deck i can run Wind Waker HD in stable 60 fps. Which is great for price range

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never fail to impress me.you turned your answer into a nintendo diatribe,bravo!
eye, but it is true, how many times did they recycle the GB and then when other portible devices came, they milked the GBA until sony came along with the PSP (almost like a PS2) then what do they do, something similar to PS1 quality with a gimmick to make it seem better, then ends up littered with cheap crappy apps that our smart devices were getting better quality and for free.

seems a repetetive pattern since they realised adding gimmicks to cheap inferior hardware prints money, so thats all they care about these days.

back when I used to be a fan of nintendo hardware, was when they used to actually compete with rival systems, and actually be the better console with superior versions of said games.

these days you have to wait for them to release their next gen in order to play games from the past generations, the switch even worse for been a port whore, even nintendo cant be bothered with all the wii u ports and look at them now promoting BOTW on what is thought to be their next gen hardware, running all the improvements we already have thanks to the community making emulators, which nintendo despise.

why?

because the community care more about making improvements to these games than nintendo do themselves, proven multiple times that given the hardware then devs can achieve more, but nintndo deliberately restrain devs with inferior hardware so that they cannot release their current new AAA titles, and nintendo's usual recycled titles dont even require much hardware to run, notice how graphically nintendo titles don't look much better than what they did on the game cube.

which even that, using emulation can look far better than what the switch itself can do, nintendo's very own N64 emulator is a pile of crap, while the community have had multiple near to perfect N64 emulators.

keep your eyes peeled as nintendo will announce very soon its next hardware subpar to the PS4/XBX1 with a deal with Unreal to have a mobile (washed down) version of U5, in which itll take advantage of its limited features for Switch games and may add a little polish to its next consoles titles, but its hardware again will be limited and prevent devs from making its current AAA titles that are multi platform, available on the next console (unless it is ported with inferior settings).

and no doubt itll have some form of gimmick, maybe copying off the likes of SteamDeck and other devices like that, with another docking hub for it to connect to and play games on the big screen.

Id hope to god nintendo dont stick with cart based media as that again like the switch will become very costly for devs and will either become DLC keys for games and the customer is forced to pay for exspensive media to store these games to.

The hub hopefully will come with a BD drive for its next gen games to play and if they put money up front for the hardware, then allow it to stream to the deck via wifi (to and from) and if they actually catch up with modern times, then allow the device to use wifi or 5g to link to your account and have cloud gaming on the go.

lets hope this comes part of its service and not continue to only provide all these crap retro titles as a so called premium paid for service.

but fanboys love to disagree, yet i have never been wrong since they started been cheap arses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: