Anbernic announces launch date for the RG405V retro handheld

Screenshot_2023-09-02-18-19-29-340_app.revanced.android.youtube.png

Retro handheld manufacturer Anbernic has announced the launch date for its upcoming handheld, the RG405V. As the device's naming suggests, it is a vertically-oriented device with the same specs as the RG405M that launched earlier this year. This means that the Unisoc Tiger T618 chip that powers it will run up to Gamecube games fine, with PS2 emulation being title-dependent at best. The Anbernic RG405V will be available to purchase as from September 4th and will sell at a discounted $130 for a limited (unspecified) period of time, after which will cost $138. Keep an eye out for our official review to learn more about the handheld!

:arrow: SOURCE

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Though I own a steam deck, this device does look pretty cool even if it just emulated nintendo consoles upto the cube.

The screen definitely 👍 like a mini GameCube Pocket (surprised nintendo haven't actually milked that idea to shit like they did holding portable gaming back as long as they did with the endless versions of gameboy)
You never fail to impress me.you turned your answer into a nintendo diatribe,bravo!

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
You ever noticed how EVERYTHING on here gets a pretty much glowing review? Thats because they want more free stuff. Quite insulting to the users but then the EOF shows this place doesn't exactly attract the pick of the litter when it comes to brains or even thinking for themselves.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You ever noticed how EVERYTHING on here gets a pretty much glowing review? Thats because they want more free stuff. Quite insulting to the users but then the EOF shows this place doesn't exactly attract the pick of the litter when it comes to brains or even thinking for themselves.
You guys need to figure out if we’re being too harsh or too lenient with out reviews. We give something a high score and it’s “they want more free stuff”, we give a Nintendo game (like BOTW or Yokai Watch) anything below 11 out of 10 and we’re worse than Hitler. Maybe just read the review instead of fixating on a number to figure out what we liked and didn’t like? I’m sorry that we enjoy games and gadgets, I guess.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fixed for accuracy.

I didn't say anything about a number because I actually did read the reviews. Thats why I said its obvious you all just shill with these adverts. Just admit it and that will be cool because you like free games and gadgets and don't want to stop that perk of the job by being honest.

https://gbatemp.net/review/peak-design-everyday-backpack-v2.2347/

LOL
If that’s your opinion, that’s fine. We regularly slam bad products we don’t like, we praise good products that we do like, and we go through *a lot* of stuff. I’m a man of a certain age, I’ve got a steady source of income - I don’t need “free stuff” to keep me going.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
We regularly slam bad products we don’t like

Translation:

"When the last few freebies from this company have been trash we don't mind being honest. If its something pricey we can keep for free or resell on eBay then its at least a 7.5/10 with a carefully worded review".

LOL at me expecting integrity from a site that has its inception in pirating games. As you were.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
LOL at me expecting integrity from a site that has its inception in pirating games. As you were.
An interesting point, given the fact that if we really wanted to, we could pirate 90% of the products we review and “get them for free” as you claim. You can’t pirate a backpack, or a little gadget, to be fair, but have you considered the outlandish idea that perhaps the person reviewing it just *liked* it? For the record, Anbernic handhelds like the one above are generally well-received by the community at large, not just by GBAtemp. I personally don’t use these, so I don’t review any, but that doesn’t mean that other members of staff think the same. In my 9 years of reviewing products for this website I was never told to review anything in any specific way - every writer operates independently. I personally have nothing to gain or lose from GBAtemp being a successful or unsuccessful source of product reviews - it’s not my site. I have an actual job, this stuff is a hobby. Reviewers such as myself share their impressions with the community so that it’s informed about what’s out there. If our users have a different opinion about a given product, we *encourage* them to post it, there’s an entire section dedicated to user-generated reviews. If you think you can write better ones, go ahead and write one.

Reactions: eyeliner

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
LOL. Hit a nerve I see. Confirms what I said anyway.
Maybe you shouldn’t be using profanity in reference to staff, then your posts won’t get deleted. Stay civil. Otherwise, there’s an easy fix for your problem. There’s a little X-shaped button in the top right. You can click it and all of your problems will melt away. As a side note, I’m not on the payroll personally - I’m not an “employee”, nor am I officially part of mag staff, I’m a guest writer.

Reactions: Tiger21820

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I didn't use any profanity but feel free to change the story now to seem better. The irony of you even trying that is sad.

Why don't you repost what I said but you can edit what you class as profanity and let the people decide. If not then no need to reply.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I didn't use any profanity but feel free to change the story now to seem better. The irony of you even trying that is sad.

Why don't you repost what I said but you can edit what you class as profanity and let the people decide. If not then no need to reply.
You know what you did, feigning ignorance is not going to work with me. Unless you have something constructive to add, you can stop spamming now.

Reactions: impeeza

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
LOL at your weak and transparent attempts to deflect. You know what it said. So do I. The people don't because of you. "Profanity".

Stop posting please. I told you before you're making yourself look bad. Please stop. If you need to get the last word in in order to feel better about yourself then I'll allow it. Anything to bring some happiness to your shill laden review life.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Retro handheld manufacturer Anbernic has announced the launch date for its upcoming handheld, the RG405V. As the device's naming suggests, it is a vertically-oriented device with the same specs as the RG405M that launched earlier this year. This means that the Unisoc Tiger T618 chip that powers it will run up to Gamecube games fine, with PS2 emulation being title-dependent at best. The Anbernic RG405V will be available to purchase as from September 4th and will sell at a discounted $130 for a limited (unspecified) period of time, after which will cost $138. Keep an eye out for our official review to learn more about the handheld!

This console jus was reviewed on the TuberViejuner YouTube channel (Spanish reviewer) looks like a good alternative:

Sorry the review is on Spanish
Post automatically merged:

Wow a 8 USD discount!! Could I buy a soda with that😝a full 5%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.