Hacking An OPEN SOURCE backup launcher has been created

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if "scrubbed" files will work as well as the full iso with this? i am guessing the scrubbed ones still need to be patched, correct?

poopdedoop

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jordan10la said:
deshwasi said:
anyone know if "scrubbed" files will work as well as the full iso with this? i am guessing the scrubbed ones still need to be patched, correct?
Yeah I was wondering that myself.

my copy of Blast WOrks was scrubbed. I patched it and it works fine

mastercyberjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUys I nee help please I tried to install the backup load and screawed up my wii now I cant even install Wad games like wild west guns or any wads it givmes me error -1029. I tried to uninstall cios36 and get error -1017 try to install cios36 and get -1035. I tried to formate my wii and erase everything and start over and I got the same errors now I cant even put my games back on the wii I had before. Same one help me please.

Never mind I fixed it. I had to uninstall the custom cios and then I'm able to install my wads again. Now I''l try to redo the loader.
That was the problem a most of had a bad cios and that was messing up my wii I removed the custom cios and installed everything again now everthings working including the back up loader great work

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mastercyberjedi said:
GUys I nee help please I tried to install the backup load and screawed up my wii now I cant even install Wad games like wild west guns or any wads it givmes me error -1029. I tried to uninstall cios36 and get error -1017 try to install cios36 and get -1035. I tried to formate my wii and erase everything and start over and I got the same errors now I cant even put my games back on the wii I had before. Same one help me please.
What did you do step by step before this happened?

bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tryed a gamecube game yet
smile.gif
If not I'll try one tommorow
tongue.gif

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
I must say, this is some AWESOME homebrew, for such an early version. I had a bit of trouble getting it working, kept getting the Disc Identification Error that a few people have been suffering from (which I think was due to already having some older cIOS and DVDX installed), so here is my simple guide of how I got it working:-

1) UNINSTALL any cIOS (i.e PatchMii) or DVDX already on your system
2) Install cIOS rev 5 (the one that was included in the first leaked loader)
3) Install DVDX with advanced install, and choose IOS249
4) Copy loader to your homebrew channel folder/install the WAD
5) Decrypt ISO with extractpartition/backup-creator
6) Burn to a DVD-R at as slow a speed as possible
7) Insert, and enjoy!

Hope this helps some people!

(The system this worked for is an English PAL system with 3.3 Menu system)

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
UPDATE BY BRAKKEN: Due to the questionable nature of this application along with respect for [nuke] this thread has been purged of all of it's posts (sorry) and closed. Please seek this application elsewhere as it will not be supported by TehSkeen. This should prove to the anti-brakken trolls that I'm not here to get hits.

Not trying to get hits by creating even more drama?
Seriously, the Wii "scene" is messed up. It's the only "scene" I've seen that actively tries to stop piracy.

flipt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: do the new 'patched' games work on chip modded wii's?

I am concerned that the 'scene releases' will start coming out already patched and then trash a modded wii when used. I understand the games are 'free' but regardless, it would be nice to know so i can be extra careful

Deozaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
primeboss said:
I did that and Godfather, Boom Blox, and Mario party 8 all WORK fine. But Mario Kart and Batallion Wars 2 get "dvd identify failed"

Battallion Wars 2 (USA) works for me.

My setup:

Unmodded Wii v3.3U
Component cables (480p/EDTV)

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Compiling Order *

Run "make" to compile:
1. extractpartition
2. dip_module
3. copy dip_module/bin/dip_module.elf to cios_installer/data/dip_module.elf
4. cios_installer
5. geckoos

* Create DVD *

To create DVDs you need extractpartition. Don't call this patching. It only
decrypts the DVD. Patching is done within GeckoOS.

1. Run extractpartition
2. Burn output file to DVD-R (raw iso)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, Where do i get ExtractPartiton... I don't understand the Compiling Order Whats that for? and in create DVD *run ExtractPartiton* Where do i get it >_< someone tell me thanks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried dvd+rw and it kept failing - i used a DVD-r and it worked perfectly on the same partition.iso file

Id suggest risking one dvd-r - they arent expensive any more and worth a test.

Any burner should work , but keep the speed to about 2x for the first one.

For software you can use Nero or ImgBurn - i can confirm both work well and possibly others.

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emzademon said:
Does wiigators iso loader read dvd+(plus) RW if so what burner do I need to use?
Yes it does Work with DVD+RW and the burner i recommend is "Imgburn" change the booktype to DVD-R and burn at 3 or less i do it at 1-2 i only used three once. Anyways Good luck
wink.gif

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry everyone. I couldn't remember that I had used Waninkokos original Custom IOS and not patchme. I know that farked a bunch of you up
frown.gif

PATCHMII custom IOS DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS

I just verified it by uninstalling everything and putting it back. Please forgive me
smile.gif

Category wrote the steps up simply so I took his (with minor editing) and added them to teh first post after testing them myself on a virgin Wii

1) UNINSTALL any cIOS on your system
2) Install cIOS rev 5 (the one that was included in the first leaked loader) - CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
3) Install DVDX with advanced install, and choose IOS249
4) Copy loader to your homebrew channel folder or install the Channel WAD
5) Decrypt ISO with extractpartition/backup-creator (if using dvd+r set the book type to dvd-rom)
6) Launch the game

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled the cIOS rev06 patchmii installer by WiiGator:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVBE22AN
I also made another channel that has more wii-like music (and the channel ID makes a little more sense):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FEFPDKFN

I tested them on my system and they work (that's not a guarantee that they will work on yours though). I'm working on compiling WiiGators extract partition program but I am having some issues.

Edit: And if you can name where the channels song comes from you are an awesome person.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK I have a fat stack of dvd+rs and 3 minus...
frown.gif
I tried changing the book type via img burn (2.4.0.1) and no dice, I dont even see the option in nero, i have version 6.6.0.8 i believe.

so to change the book type do i need to get a newer version of nero or am i forced to mess with the firmware of the dvd drive?

I hope the fix isnt too tedius, I just spent the whole day cleaning my hard drive to make space to 1 download an iso, 2 have enough space to exract it 3 and of course have enough space to decrypt the partition out to. why not just delete fiels as i go along, well because everyone loves to zip files differenty and I dont trust them. I have 3 steps and on any of those steps there could be an error. I try to hang onto the data until i can confirm a working disc. also i try to keep the iso after download so that once we can play games straight up no decryption maybe it will come in handy.

call me paranoid but i dont like burning bridges.

Keshire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One Piece Unlimited Cruise loads (haven't had time to check if it's playable...)

Used BrickBlocker and RegionFrii to set to NTSC US.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1