Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the fakes use the same components as the originals then there is nothing they can do which will prevent their firmware running on them.

They are talking shit just like their support for the R4s, they're just dickheads.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tanas said:
If the fakes use the same components as the originals then there is nothing they can do which will prevent their firmware running on them.

They are talking shit just like their support for the R4s, they're just dickheads.
The thing is, if they used the exact same components then the clones wouldn't blow any fuses...

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ubersk8kid said:
I dont see the point of making a fake card?

To take money from people that don't fully understand what there buying and basically taking funds away from the good flash cart brands.....

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To avoid the possibility of purchasing a fake R4, DON'T BUY AN R4!

Seems pretty obvious.

Oh, maybe that wasn't their intention, huh? Pretty stupid move on their part, if you ask me.

-Bri

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
Tanas said:

The thing is, if they used the exact same components then the clones wouldn't blow any fuses...

I thought it was the N5 that where blowing fuses, and not the fake R4s, anyhow if they go through with their threat and actually do find a way to brick peoples DSs for unknownly buying fake R4s in good faith thinking that they where originals, will show that the R4 Team are SCUM!!!!!

@Bri, that's probably the best advice given so far.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't particularly want to disassemble my R4 to check up on it's legitimacy. I bought the spring-loaded model from Jandaman almost a year ago. Does Jandaman sell legit R4's (the spring-loaded kind)?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
To avoid the possibility of purchasing a fake R4, DON'T BUY AN R4!

Seems pretty obvious.

Oh, maybe that wasn't their intention, huh? Pretty stupid move on their part, if you ask me.

-Bri

QUOTE(granville @ Jul 3 2008, 09:40 PM) I don't particularly want to disassemble my R4 to check up on it's legitimacy. I bought the spring-loaded model from Jandaman almost a year ago. Does Jandaman sell legit R4's (the spring-loaded kind)?

I think that you're safe.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice post ahtin, in a way this is good so that people who know nothing about flashcards and just know about r4 and their clones will get put off - there are better cards than R4 for those who are in the know.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that seems rather unethical.

edit: actually that seems EXTREMELY unethical. that's like saying "to combat rapist we've decided to kill women off"

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Ahahahahaha. R4 Team basically commited suicide with that move. Good work, now to remind myself and everyone I know never to buy ANY R4, considering it's not worth the risk it MIGHT be fake.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If someone has a clone but has no idea its a clone they are screwed up the ass. Lots of kids have R4s. Think about what they will say to there friends. "R4DS screwed up my DS WAHHH!. Don't buy one."

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
nephdj said:
chuckstudios said:
How exactly do they plan to brick DS Lites, where the entire firmware chip is write-protected?

"Unauthorized R4 detected. Please remove your battery cover and place an electrically conductive tool into the hole to short SL1."

only needs to change a currupt/deleate a few lines, doesnt need to flash the full firmware
think along the lines of the Zelda TP hack for wii

The ENTIRE flash chip in the Lite is write-protected. On the Phat, however, only the very beginning was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom