HBC installation + softmod might make it up for you. [img]http://gbatemp.net/vanilla/emoticons/ohmy.gif" /> HBC installation + softmod might make it up for you. [img]http://gbatemp.net/vanilla/emoticons/ohmy.gif" />

Hacking An issue with my softmodded Wii

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Shop Channel seems to run fine, Joostin.

>>mauifrog
Guess there's nothing I need to fix or anything then.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if it's strange not to be able to install certain WADs without using the correct IOS.

Still waiting for someone to instruct me on how to play Wii backups from my hard drive.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
I was wondering if it's strange not to be able to install certain WADs without using the correct IOS.

Still waiting for someone to instruct me on how to play Wii backups from my hard drive.
It's not strange, and since you followed mauifrog's guide, you should never have to update the shop channel.

Configurable USB Loader should have been included in mauifrog's guide. Connect your FAT32 HDD to the USB slot closest to the edge of your Wii, load Cfg, then stick your game in and press + to rip it to your HDD.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
glysegui said:

It's not strange, and since you followed mauifrog's guide, you should never have to update the shop channel.

Configurable USB Loader should have been included in mauifrog's guide. Connect your FAT32 HDD to the USB slot closest to the edge of your Wii, load Cfg, then stick your game in and press + to rip it to your HDD.

@JoostinOnline: Alright.

I'm not sure if it's mauifrog's guide or ModMii, but I've noticed for a while that I have another USB channel. It's not Configurable USB Loader, it's another one called just "USBLoader", and upon clicking (not loading) the channel, it makes like a fading USB drive connected Windows like sound. Hope that helps you identify what it is, because I'm not sure if I should keep that there.

As for playing downloaded games...how does that work? Or am I asking something not allowed on these boards?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
JoostinOnline said:
glysegui said:

@JoostinOnline: Alright.

I'm not sure if it's mauifrog's guide or ModMii, but I've noticed for a while that I have another USB channel. It's not Configurable USB Loader, it's another one called just "USBLoader", and upon clicking (not loading) the channel, it makes like a fading USB drive connected Windows like sound. Hope that helps you identify what it is, because I'm not sure if I should keep that there.

As for playing downloaded games...how does that work? Or am I asking something not allowed on these boards?
1. Based on the info you have given (like the Shop Channel being a higher version), you used mauifrog's guide.

2. Try loading the channel and see what comes up.

3. I don't help with or approve of illegal activity, and that includes piracy.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JoostinOnline: When I try to load that channel, it sends me back to the Wii's main menu. Same goes for Configurable USB Loader. The only USB loader I've managed to get working is WiiFlow, strangely. I'd much prefer using CFG, as it's typically found better here, on the internet, and it's updated frequently.

Downloaded games as backups of my actual (bought) Wii games, to play them off of my HDD. I'd also pay for games, dude.

Been watching movies from my Wii through WiiMC, and still, I get the Exception (DSI) occured! error. Starting to lose hope on that ever getting fixed.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JoostinOnline: Have used mauifrog's guide, yeah. But this run's using ModMii.

Tried it. All it does it send me back to the Wii's system menu after a black screen. Same goes for Configurable USB Loader, which I really want to have working. Strangely, the only USB loaders I can manage to get working are WiiFlow and USB Loader GX.

Referring to games I've already bought, as backups. Instead of carrying tens of DVDs, just have them all on my hard drive.

Posts merged

Oh, snap. I thought my first reply hadn't come through, so I posted again. Sorry for that...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
@JoostinOnline: Have used mauifrog's guide, yeah. But this run's using ModMii.

Tried it. All it does it send me back to the Wii's system menu after a black screen. Same goes for Configurable USB Loader, which I really want to have working. Strangely, the only USB loaders I can manage to get working are WiiFlow and USB Loader GX.

Referring to games I've already bought, as backups. Instead of carrying tens of DVDs, just have them all on my hard drive.

Posts merged

Oh, snap. I thought my first reply hadn't come through, so I posted again. Sorry for that...
1) Does Cfg work through the HBC? If it doesn't, that means you probably didn't delete your "SD:\usb-loader\" folder before switching from WiiFlow/GX to Cfg. GX, WiiFlow, and Cfg all use different files, so you need to start fresh or you will have problems.
2) Ripping games is a lot faster than downloading them, even if you have a fast connection, because when you rip the games you don't have to transfer them to your HDD, and they are scrubbed automatically (saves a lot of space).

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Joostin: I don't have Cfg in the HBC, nor WiiFlow. They're both just channels.

As for ripping, all I need to do is pop my games into my Wii with my HDD mounted and hit some sort of command through a USB loader, right?

Starting to doubt what USB loader I should pick. Which one's the best? ModMii recommended me Cfg.

Got a screen of that odd USB loader channel here:
96w9ps.png

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you must have full channels for WiiFlow and GX. Those aren't recommended because they usually take up tons of space and can't be updated easily. I'm pretty sure the USB Channel you have is a forwarder from mauifrog's guide. Don't worry about it, it's there for brick protection.

I strongly recommend Cfg because it has top compatibility/stability. If you have a folder named "usb-loader" in the root of your SD card, delete it. Download this and extract the contents of "inSDRoot" to your SD card. You should then be able to load Cfg from the HBC. Once you have that, I'll give you instructions on installing a forwarder channel for Cfg.

Ripping games is as simple as inserting it, pressing +, then A. After it's ripped you will be prompted to download covers for the game, but it's optional.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, thanks!

Don't really see any point in keeping the other USB loaders, I guess. Could you tell me how to remove them, maybe?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can delete them with wii mod, load wii mod and use the title manager in the advanced menu to delete any installed channels you don't want.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
You can delete them with wii mod, load wii mod and use the title manager in the advanced menu to delete any installed channels you don't want.
I didn't want to bring ATD to the table unless he didn't have the wads. That's not a program (or part of a wiimod) that you should mess with if you don't know what you are doing.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
mauifrog said:
I didn't want to bring ATD to the table unless he didn't have the wads. That's not a program (or part of a wiimod) that you should mess with if you don't know what you are doing.
Well ATD can be safe, much safer than someone blindly uninstalling all the wads they have on the sd card. How many times has that happened? Oh shit, I uninstalled ios something wad and now my wii no worky.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
JoostinOnline said:
mauifrog said:
Well ATD can be safe, much safer than someone blindly uninstalling all the wads they have on the sd card. How many times has that happened? Oh shit, I uninstalled ios something wad and now my wii no worky.
Lol, I didn't say anything about uninstalling all the wads, just those two. Still, I see your point. I just don't like anyone using ATD unless they know what they are doing.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
@mauifrog: Well, I'll give it a try. Is this it: http://gbatemp.net/t272321-wii-mod-v1-0? Should I just pick the latest version?Yes and yes. Just be careful that you only delete the USB channels.

QUOTE(glysegui @ Jul 13 2011, 06:19 AM) @JoostinOnline: If that weird USB loader channel's brick protection, I shouldn't remove it, right?
It doesn't matter what the channel is for, having any forwarder channel will work. In the event that Nintendo releases an update which removes the latest HBC (and you update for some stupid reason), you can use the forwarder channel to re-install.

You can remove it as long as you plan on installing another forwarder channel, which I assume you do.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By forwarder you mean a channel that sends me over to said homebrew, right? This could also be Cfg, no?

Another question: ModMii gives me the option of updating to a newer system version. Should I do this? Currently, I'm on 4.1E, and 4.3E's the newest available. Should I go for it?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
By forwarder you mean a channel that sends me over to said homebrew, right? This could also be Cfg, no?Yes. Forwarders are like shortcuts on your computer's desktop. Alone they won't work, but if you have the app installed (i.e. placed on your SD/USB), it will load the app.

QUOTE(glysegui @ Jul 13 2011, 12:05 PM) Another question: ModMii gives me the option of updating to a newer system version. Should I do this? Currently, I'm on 4.1E, and 4.3E's the newest available. Should I go for it?
No, 4.1 is considered the best version available since 4.2/4.3 were only made to block homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper