Hacking An idea for Metroid Prime Trilogy without USB or DualLayer disc

Will you play the new Metroid Prime Trilogy game?

• Yes, and I will use the original DVD to play!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but my Wii can't read dual layer DVDs so I'll transfer it to a USB drive

• Yes, but my Wii can't read dual layer DVDs so I'll copy it to two separate discs like this thread sh

• No, I already played these games on the GameCube

• No, I don't like Metroid

• Total voters

eidrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i replaced all MP1 and MP2 folders to leave MP3 and the fancy menu on one disc, question is, ISO is still 7.8gb. I'm using Wiiscrubber 1.4, what should i do now that i replaced all files? Scrub it? Or use Wiiscrubber 1.0 to trim the iso.

Also WS 1.4 has trim option, but should i use that instead or go with 1.0?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
eidrian said:
Ok, i replaced all MP1 and MP2 folders to leave MP3 and the fancy menu on one disc, question is, ISO is still 7.8gb. I'm using Wiiscrubber 1.4, what should i do now that i replaced all files? Scrub it? Or use Wiiscrubber 1.0 to trim the iso.

Also WS 1.4 has trim option, but should i use that instead or go with 1.0?

Clean the iso with wiiscrubber 1.0

eidrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks that worked perfectly for MP1+2, but for some reason the MP3 discs just refuses to play. Everytime i load it i get a Disc Error Message: "An error has ocurred, please press the Eject button..." etc. I'm using NeoGamma R6 with cIOS rev13a. The disc is IOS patched to 249, should i try the original IOS the game came with? I didn't try rev14 cuz i installed 13a to try the dual layer game and it worked flawlessly.

Any ideas?

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
eidrian said:
Thanks that worked perfectly for MP1+2, but for some reason the MP3 discs just refuses to play. Everytime i load it i get a Disc Error Message: "An error has ocurred, please press the Eject button..." etc. I'm using NeoGamma R6 with cIOS rev13a. The disc is IOS patched to 249, should i try the original IOS the game came with? I didn't try rev14 cuz i installed 13a to try the dual layer game and it worked flawlessly.

Any ideas?

I have the same error using USB (cLoader 1.6 + IOS222 or 249).

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,can i make a DVD5 only for MP3?I replace all files from MP1 and MP2.But this is not enough.
I replace a Handfull Files from "FE" Partition and now my ISO is under 4,5gb.File on Harddisk is 8gb

Now i use Wiiscrubber 1.0 and use"clean and save".Image on Harddisk is now 4,5 but Wiiscrubber says is only 825mb.
i burn the disc but after"Metroid prime Triology loaded" it freeze's.Ok is start the PAL DVD5 with MP1 and 2 and switch the Disc's in menu.I start MP3 and now it comes the Error"an Error has Ocured,please Remove Disc and restart..."

What is the right way to make a DVD5 for MP3?

I have Cioscorp3.4 and Cios Rev10 installed.

How can i resize a Partition in Wiiscrubber 1.4?

What can i replace in "FE" Partition.
Can i replace Videos from MP1/2,MP1-3Bonus in "FE"Partition or will this need for triology Menu.I will only start MP3 from menu.Bonus,extras can i view from DVD5-MP1/MP2.Is it possible?

Bye

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
CubeLer said:
Hi,can i make a DVD5 only for MP3?I replace all files from MP1 and MP2.But this is not enough.
I replace a Handfull Files from "FE" Partition and now my ISO is under 4,5gb.File on Harddisk is 8gb

Now i use Wiiscrubber 1.0 and use"clean and save".Image on Harddisk is now 4,5 but Wiiscrubber says is only 825mb.
i burn the disc but after"Metroid prime Triology loaded" it freeze's.Ok is start the PAL DVD5 with MP1 and 2 and switch the Disc's in menu.I start MP3 and now it comes the Error"an Error has Ocured,please Remove Disc and restart..."

What is the right way to make a DVD5 for MP3?

I have Cioscorp3.4 and Cios Rev10 installed.

How can i resize a Partition in Wiiscrubber 1.4?

What can i replace in "FE" Partition.
Can i replace Videos from MP1/2,MP1-3Bonus in "FE"Partition or will this need for triology Menu.I will only start MP3 from menu.Bonus,extras can i view from DVD5-MP1/MP2.Is it possible?

Bye
It'd probably be esier if you used the original Metroid Prime 3 disc instead of deleting MP1 and MP2 from Trilogy.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I just want to play the multiplayer, if I replace mp1 and mp3 with an empty .txt, will that be possible?
Is there a quicker way than right-clicking each file in the list and replacing?

DarkestFate

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
HEY I HAVE A PROBLEM I REPLACED ALL THE MP1 AND MP2 FILES QITH O KB FILES AND IS 4.6 GB BUT IN IMGBURN IT SAYS IT IS 7.91 GB WHAT IS WRONG???
cry.gif
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head