Gaming Ambassador Program Games List

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats like saying tetris wasnt worth porting. IC and BF are classics, easy to enjoy, and not a game EVERYONE wants badly. I think if nintendo had made enough games like that on the NES thats all we would be seeing.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pingouin7 said:
Four Swords is a DSi-Ware.
Oh, right. Still, it IS a port of a GBA game, meaning they will also port the GBA linking infrastructure to the DS. And the 3DS is pretty similar to the DS if you look at the processor and wireless communication hardware; the 3DS can link with a DS in DS mode. So couldn't they easily re-use Four Swords link cable emulation functions in the 3DS GBA emulators?

Besides, among the GBA games are Mario Kart and Kirby Amazing Mirror, both of which are very multiplayer-oriented. The multiplayer game modes for the NES are inferior to the ones on the GBA, and NES is getting multiplayer, so...

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE Balloon Fight! Does it support 2-player? I forgot... It'll be cool to have the NES one right there on my 3DS, but I also really like the Club Nintendo Tingle's Balloon Fight... and is Ice Climbers really that bad? I haven't really played it. Mario Kart: Super Circuit is also really fun, it just has tougher controls than Mario Kart DS. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga would be an awesome GBA game for them to release. That game is so awesome..! And I agree, they really should make WarioWare: Twisted one of them. I haven't tried it but I love WarioWare and the 3DS seems like it would be very capable.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I hope they bring RSE to the VC. It would also be cool to see if there was a DS Download Play option for the Lite to transfer saves too.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biochao said:
They better include WarioWare: Twisted. What better way to make use of the 3DS accelerometer.

+1 to that, it would be great to play on the 3DS.

Also, I'm on the "love Balloon Fight" side of the equation
smile.gif

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multi-player wont be available right away at launch on September 1st, they will be implemented later when we get the e-shop retail updates

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
I hope they bring RSE to the VC. It would also be cool to see if there was a DS Download Play option for the Lite to transfer saves too.

I'd rather have a 3DS remake of any gen 3 Pokemon game than a port in the e-shop. But then, I didn't really like gen 3, so meh....

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xerxes16439 said:
Multi-player wont be available right away at launch on September 1st, they will be implemented later when we get the e-shop retail updates
Yeah... I think they said that in the context of the NES games only though, especially since they have 'no plans' for releasing the games on the GBA games on VC apparently (which I don't buy).

If would be a shame if Mario Kart and Kirby and the amazing Mirror were stuck in single player mode forever...

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nes Games I'd like:

Kung Fu
Metroid
Punch Out
Star Tropics
Tetris
Wario's Woods
Yoshi's Cookie

I'm more than happy with the announced games, but these would be nice.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
What's that NES game that's a mishmash of tons of other popular games that's in japanese? It starts off as a sidescrolling platform, then at one point becomes a Contra clone, and at another point becomes a Parodius clone, and at another point becomes a top-view racer, then becomes a Twinbee clone, and then it goes on and on like that.

I WANT THAT. fave NES game of all time.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
DxEggman said:
Team Fail said:

I'd rather have a 3DS remake of any gen 3 Pokemon game than a port in the e-shop. But then, I didn't really like gen 3, so meh....

I agree, Gen 3 was the poorest of all the poke-a-mans- I also think Nintendo would be stupid to put Pokemon on there as it would sell well regardless

thaddius said:
QUOTE(xerxes16439 @ Aug 2 2011, 09:59 PM)
Yeah... I think they said that in the context of the NES games only though, especially since they have 'no plans' for releasing the games on the GBA games on VC apparently (which I don't buy).

If would be a shame if Mario Kart and Kirby and the amazing Mirror were stuck in single player mode forever...
According to a certain Zelda based website (but not, I stress, any genuinely reliable websites) the 4 swords that everyone is getting free is having online multiplayer crowbarred into it- if that is possible then maybe we will see the GBA ambassador games have their multiplayer instated (could be why they're taking longer to release)?

What I'd like to see is Ambassadors with Mario Kart GBA unlocking a secret course in Mario Kart 3DS! (In the way that GBA games were meant to unlock secret content in DS games)

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
DxEggman said:
Team Fail said:

I agree, Gen 3 was the poorest of all the poke-a-mans- I also think Nintendo would be stupid to put Pokemon on there as it would sell well regardless

thaddius said:
QUOTE(xerxes16439 @ Aug 2 2011, 09:59 PM)

According to a certain Zelda based website (but not, I stress, any genuinely reliable websites) the 4 swords that everyone is getting free is having online multiplayer crowbarred into it- if that is possible then maybe we will see the GBA ambassador games have their multiplayer instated (could be why they're taking longer to release)?

What I'd like to see is Ambassadors with Mario Kart GBA unlocking a secret course in Mario Kart 3DS! (In the way that GBA games were meant to unlock secret content in DS games)

Which Zelda site is this? Source to the online multiplayer please.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
...that is NOT gonna be fair. from what i can tell, GBA VC is not gonna be available to everyone else any time soon. people are gonna rant that they have a track, on a cart they bought, that they cannot unlock because they lucked out on the Ambassador program.

it's good that we're getting bonus games for being early adopters, but people are already getting greedy and getting price cut PLUS enrolling in the Ambassador's program.
what more if they found out it gets you exclusive stuff?

that's just gonna make people hate Nintendo even more.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
heartgold said:
I warned you it wasn't reputable http://legendzelda.net/legend-of-zelda-new...shop-september/

QUOTE(ferofax @ Aug 3 2011, 02:23 PM) ...that is NOT gonna be fair. from what i can tell, GBA VC is not gonna be available to everyone else any time soon. people are gonna rant that they have a track, on a cart they bought, that they cannot unlock because they lucked out on the Ambassador program.

it's good that we're getting bonus games for being early adopters, but people are already getting greedy and getting price cut PLUS enrolling in the Ambassador's program.

Compromise- it will be available online? I know it would be unfair but the amount of ungrateful bitching from the early adopters is doing my head in!

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New email from nintendo:

QUOTE said:
Hello,

We recently sent you an email regarding the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program. Please note that our response may have included some incorrect information about which Game Boy Advance games will be available.

The press release from Thursday, July 28th included the correct list of titles to be made available for Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors. Below, is a link to that press release.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/ft...a5CtT45KLrmNkAY

We apologize for any confusion.

Sharon Matheny
Nintendo of America Inc.

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Legend of Zelda four swords will have multi-player except it has been converted into a DSiWare title unlike the GBA games we're getting which are Virtual Console games therefore we might not get multi-player, I'm not saying we wont, but there's a chance we might not.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
heartgold said:
I warned you it wasn't reputable http://legendzelda.net/legend-of-zelda-new...shop-september/

QUOTE(ferofax @ Aug 3 2011, 02:23 PM) ...that is NOT gonna be fair. from what i can tell, GBA VC is not gonna be available to everyone else any time soon. people are gonna rant that they have a track, on a cart they bought, that they cannot unlock because they lucked out on the Ambassador program.

Compromise- it will be available online? I know it would be unfair but the amount of ungrateful bitching from the early adopters is doing my head in!
early adopters have every right to bitch. they shelled out the full amount (well, most of them anyway) including me. so yeah, they have every right to whine. and i really don't see what's ungrateful about that.

but yeah, i think compromise works. but then that basically leaves out the marginally few who can't get their 3DS online due to lack of wifi access.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I am also an early adopter, but I got £45 off mine (£180 plus an extra £5 off when you preorder DOA or OoT.... thanks, HMV's "one day only" deals!)- possibly why I bitch less!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@