Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dIW9D.jpg

This news comes to us via CVG who has caught a retail listing for Diablo III on the European Amazon website. According to Amazon, Blizzard's next powerhouse is due out on April 17. This date, of course, hasn't been confirmed by Blizzard, who has only previously offered Q2 2012 as the release window for the game.

The official Battle.net website is currently listing a deal in which customers can get the game for free when signing up for a World of Warcraft annual pass. All signs point to a package just about ready for consumption.

:arrow: Source: CVG, Amazon, Battle.net

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't trust it. Before they announced the BLands 2 release date, Literally every retailer I saw had different dates. Amazon had june, Gamestop was closest with September, and I think best buy had like august or something.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope Diablo III is released nowhere near May. I really wanna play it, but that's when Tera is released and Tera > D3.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
April? Doubt it. Blizzard figured that "this" is the best time to start changing some core game mechanics - the entire skill tree has been, well, basically scrapped, not to mention engine changes. If there is something this game needs right now then it's testing, not a release date. I have no comments as far as Blizzard's conduct of delaying Diablo 3 is concerned, in the time they've wasted shuffling ideas around they could've released Diablo 3, an expansion pack and start working on Diablo 4.

Reactions: 1 person

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Way earlier than expected, I don't believe this for a second. I will only accept what comes out of Blizzard's mouth, but even then I will still expect a possible delay.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
April? Doubt it. Blizzard figured that "this" is the best time to start changing some core game mechanics - the entire skill tree has been, well, basically scrapped, not to mention engine changes. If there is something this game needs right now then it's testing, not a release date. I have no comments as far as Blizzard's conduct of delaying Diablo 3 is concerned, in the time they've wasted shuffling ideas around they could've released Diablo 3, an expansion pack and start working on Diablo 4.
Not always changing delaying a game to change some stuff they didn't like is a very good idea. I was following the page about this on Facebook like last year and thought the game was ready to be released by then... I love Diablo but because of that and the delay the expectations are being greatly increased, like Duke Nukem Forever which was a complete failure (well, Diablo III is nearly as bad delaying wise obviously)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An interesting fact to note is that this date originally came from Blizzard Italy, not Amazon.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465304

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
An interesting fact to note is that this date originally came from Blizzard Italy, not Amazon.
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=465304

MMORPGItalia is just a community website, not Blizzard Italy. They say that Activision Italy said that date, but it's not really confirmed by any other sources.
Amazon.it removed that date and is now showing "2012" as release date.
Multiplayer.it opened the preorders with 17/04 as the date: http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/pc-windows/diablo-iii-diablo-3.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.