Hacking Am I the only one with this problem?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what my 4.0 wii won't read any other sd card other than my 2gb. I formatted all the other cards to fat32 and they still won't be read by the wii it keeps saying device can not be used. Its not just sdhc specific either because i tried to use a 512 mb and that didn't work either. Am i the only one with this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I used the ultimate 4.0 guide.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menage730 said:
your pc doesnt give you a fat option?
no when i hit the scroll down menu all it says is FAT32 even the sd app that was linked above doesn't give me the option.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not having problems but as far as my copy of xp goes, it will format my 2gb sd card to fat or fat32 but my sdhc can only be formatted fat32, I noticed this the other day and this just reminded me. Maybe it's part of the HC spec?

to JJBro, have you tried letting the wii system menu format your card then poppin it in your pc to add files to?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mark McDonut said:
I'm not having problems but as far as my copy of xp goes, it will format my 2gb sd card to fat or fat32 but my sdhc can only be formatted fat32, I noticed this the other day and this just reminded me. Maybe it's part of the HC spec?
FAT16 only supports up to 2GB partitions.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menage730 said:
oki get what you are saying but he stated he also tried a 512 any advice for themwell i haven't tried formatting the 512mb so ill let you know what happens to that.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Mark McDonut @ Apr 5 2009, 12:15 AM) I'm not having problems but as far as my copy of xp goes, it will format my 2gb sd card to fat or fat32 but my sdhc can only be formatted fat32, I noticed this the other day and this just reminded me. Maybe it's part of the HC spec?

to JJBro, have you tried letting the wii system menu format your card then poppin it in your pc to add files to?
how do i get the wii to format my sd card? It seems like the wii doesn't want anything to do with it.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn sorry dude I THOUGHT I had done it on the wii before but for some reason I can't find the option now sooooo maybe you can't :/ You may have a bad reader on your wii....

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever gotten the other cards to work before? There is no format function on the Wii. Do your cards work on your computer or any other device?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
Have you ever gotten the other cards to work before? There is no format function on the Wii. Do your cards work on your computer or any other device?
yes, before the 2gb i was using a 512. But what the two cards had in common were (other than being put in a computer) they were never put in any other device before the wii. The 512mb and 4gb that im trying to use right now can be read by my computer and my flash carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol