Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful! 'tis a shame Beup is no longer available.

Crossposting for the lazy:
SolidusRegime said:
QUOTE(SolidusRegime;76026) said:
Well, I know a lot of you are annoyed that Beup Live is not working due to the MSN DNS servers being changed and the applications lack of being able to connect via DNS, so I have decided to type up this tutorial which is an alternative and it works great.

Before I get started, I just want to let you know this doesn't involve using the mobile eBuddy service (thank god) so for people who currently you use that, please keep reading.

Also, this set of instructions only needs to be completed once. From then on, it only takes the booting of an application to use MSN on your Nintendo DS.

Okay, the first thing you will want to do is to download IRCDS. This is an Internet Relay Chat Client for the DS and works great as a messaging/chat service.

Once you have that downloaded, you can just copy the .NDS file to anywhere on your MicroSD card. Doesn't have to be in the root, just so you know.

Now this is where the fun part starts. Load up your Nintendo DS and boot it into IRCDS. It should come up with a PALIB competition splash screen then a menu which asks for you to Touch To Continue. JUst do what it says and nobody gets hurt.

Now, you should see a white box on the top with some text and an on-screen keyboard on the bottom with a few icons on the right hand side. We are now going to configure the IRC client to work with a server called Bitlbee. For those who want to learn more about it, check out the official website.

Use your stylus to click on the spanner icon. It should be located on the far right bottom corner of your screen. From here, you should see a few text boxes with labels such as Nickname, Server Address, etc.

Use your stylus to select the nickname text box. Now, using the on-screen keyboard, enter your MSN screen name. For those that do not know, your screen name is the part in front of the @hotmail.com or @live.com for instance, my MSN address is:

So my screen name would be:

Code:
solidusregime

Now, click enter when you are done enterting your screen name. Now select the text box labelled Server Address. You must enter the following server address exactly as I have entered it onto this post.

Code:
im.uk.bitlbee.org

Now click enter and press the button that says Next Page ->. This is an optional feature, but I have it enabled. You can select the Autoconnect check box to allow IRCDS to autoconnect to the server when it is booted. It is up to you whether you have this enabled, but once you decide, press the buttons that is labelled Save To Card.

Now, you will need to connect to the server by pressing the start button on your Nintendo DS. A whole lot of text should have just scrolled on your top screen then stopped saying something like "Now talking in @bitlbee".

Now, we will configure your MSN account for the IRC client. First, you will need to register your IRC client with the Bitlbee server. This can be down by entering the following with your on-screen keyboard:

Code:
register password

Change the string "password" with a password of your choice. Make sure you remember it so that you can use that to login to your Bitlbee accoutn when you start IRCDS next time.

Now, you will need to add your MSN account to your Bitlbee server account. This can be done by entering the following with your on-screen keyboard:

Code:
account add msn [email protected] password

Replace the string "[email protected]" with your MSN address and the string "password" with your MSN password. Once you have finished that, you just need to enable your account on your Bitlbee server account by entering the following with your on-screen keyboard:

Code:
account on

You should see a whole lot of text load on the top screen, showing the screen names of some of the people on your MSN contact list.

You now have a fully functioning MSN client for your Nintendo DS. You can view your contact list by selecting the Face icon on the right hand side. Then select one of your contacts and press the button labelled PM.

Down the bottom should be 12 white rectangles. This is where your conversation windows will be kept. You can change between them by selecting them with your stylus.

Now, next time you want to sign into MSN with IRCDS, all you have to do is boot into IRCDS with your Nintendo DS, if you have set it to Autoconnect then the Bitlbee server should connect straight away, otherwise, just press the Start button on your Nintendo DS and it will connect.

Now, just enter the following with your on-screen keyboard:

Code:
identify password

Just replace the string "password" with your Bitlbee account password, not your MSN password.

I hope this helps anyone who loved using Beup Live, just like myself. If you have any questions or problems, please post here and I will be happy to help you.

SolidusRegime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Calafas said:
Or you could just download DSOrgansise and go to www.m.ebuddy.com for msn, yahoo etc.

Or you could just read the fucking thread before you post.

SolidusRegimeBefore I get started, I just want to let you know this doesn't involve using the mobile eBuddy service (thank god) so for people who currently you use that, please keep reading.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SolidusRegime said:
Calafas said:
Or you could just download DSOrgansise and go to www.m.ebuddy.com for msn, yahoo etc.

Or you could just read the f*cking thread before you post.

SolidusRegimeBefore I get started, I just want to let you know this doesn't involve using the mobile eBuddy service (thank god) so for people who currently you use that, please keep reading.

PWNED. No swearing please since kids might come by and read this.

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PWNED so bad lol, thanks for the tut!

edit: can u add what the messages are to add AIM/Jabber/ICQ ???

Mr. Noid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mohammad said:
PWNED so bad lol, thanks for the tut!

edit: can u add what the messages are to add AIM/Jabber/ICQ ???
Aim/ICQ:
Code:
account add oscarÂÂscreennameÂÂ passwordÂÂlogin.oscar.aol.com

Jabber: CODEaccount add jabber usernameÂÂpasswordÂÂ server [:[:ssl]]

4zndude345

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it say i appear offline when i was talking to my slef ( i was on Ds and computer) how do i fix it *edit*

every time i go on it i have to do the thing all over again is there a way to stop it and ?

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
PWNED. No swearing please since kids might come by and read this.
If you can't handle a simple cussword, then you shouldn't be on a public forum. It's as simple as that.
Meh, I'm thinking about trying to make an MSN client for the DS later, because frankly a client made for MSN > MSN via IRC by a longshot.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
SolidusRegime said:
Calafas said:

Or you could just read the fucking thread before you post.

Or you could just calm down instead of using expletives unnecessarily.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't care about the technical bits (much...).
All I see is that someone owes this guy $20 for fixing BeUp.
Its an AWESOME tutorial and thats that.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
I don't care about the technical bits (much...).
All I see is that someone owes this guy $20 for fixing BeUp.
Its an AWESOME tutorial and thats that.

He hasn't "fixed" BeUp. He is just using a gateway server and IRC client to achieve almost the same thing. I doubt it will have all of the functionality of BeUp such as display pictures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm