Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Altered Beast on the MD/Genesis is one of those games that generally has a mixed opinion among gamers, some claims its a classic arcade game others think its not.

So I created this little poll to see to see what the GBAtempers think.

Please by all means explain why you love/hate it.
ab-trans.gif

Personally, I think its a great idea but I fount it very tedious to play and I seemed to just be playing the same thing over and over and I never did like the art style (though I understand lots of people love it). I have played it lots of times to see why people liked it but I just cant, no matter how hard I try, even back in the day it was released I didnt like it.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think its a great idea but I fount it very tedious to play

Exactly how I feel about it too. It's fun for about 3mins then becomes very dull.

QUOTE said:
Its a classic but compared to the games now its rubbish.

Surely the whole meaning of classic is that it stands up well to modern games.
Agree, Super Mario Brothers 3 is a classic compared to the modern 2D game, Ocarina of Time is a classic compared to the modern 3D game.

I get the feeling that most people who think this is a classic havent actually played it in a long while, but thats just my opionion.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I get the feeling that most people who think this is a classic havent actually played it in a long while, but thats just my opionion.

I agree with this. They probably also played it when they were younger and the sense of nostalgia is present. I can think of a number of games that apply to me in this way.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES, I loved this game to bits even though back then I knew what a good game was and wasnt (Example, Real Ghostbusters C64 game was total crap and I thought so despite being a fan) played it recently and well its ok and thats it, arcade title of the same name is still fun though.

It would be nice if people said why they voted it as a classic, 'cos I just dont see it.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Craptacular. I haven't played it since I was 12, but my memories of it are great. Wouldn't get back to it because I would find the gameplay pure crap, but it's classic anyway.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I spent many an hour playing this game on the Genesis, before I actually got some other games to play. Even back then I knew it was not that great, but it was pretty good for the time, especially multiplayer. I can't stand it now.

As far as being a classic, there are a lot of games that are undeniably classics that do not hold up well when compared to new games. Like Pac Man. IMO the thing that makes a game a classic is the impact it had at the time, and how much it got played, not how it compares to modern games. Pong is a classic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc