Hacking Hardware Others ALL the HWCAL files for New 3DS XL

S4NT11F0R3R0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For a long time I have read posts from people looking for donors of HW files ("HWCAL0.dat" and "HWCAL1.dat", responsible for calibrating the screens) from other consoles to change their screens from TN to IPS (and vice versa).

So I want to compile in this thread all the HWCAL files for all the 4 screen combinations. I'll leave you mine to start (double IPS). I and the entire community would appreciate it if you leave yours.

PS: The path to find the files is:
"SYSNAND CTRNAND>ro>sys"
(yes, you must have CFW and GodMode9 on your console)

PD: If you have a "normal" New Nintendo 3DS (not XL) it would also be appreciated if you share your HWCAL files

Edit: (I will be adding the files that I manage to get from friends or those that you put in this thread)

Attachments

• N3DS Top TN & Bottom TN.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 5
  • N3DS XL Top IPS & Bottom IPS.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by S4NT11F0R3R0,

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
HWCAL's name is pretty self-explanatory: 'Hardware calibration'.
It isn't called 'screen calibration', 'image calibration', or anything similar to that.

If you wanna calibrate your new screen, don't replace the entire calibration of your whole console.

I hope this collection goes away tbh, to stop from giving problems to people...

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

S4NT11F0R3R0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
HWCAL's name is pretty self-explanatory: 'Hardware calibration'.
It isn't called 'screen calibration', 'image calibration', or anything similar to that.

If you wanna calibrate your new screen, don't replace the entire calibration of your whole console.

I hope this collection goes away tbh, to stop from giving problems to people...
So: What do you want me to do if I have a New 3DS in perfect condition with dual TN and I want to convert it to dual IPS?

Entonces: ¿Qué pretendes que haga si tengo una New 3DS en perfecto estado con doble TN y quiero convertirla en doble IPS?

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So: What do you want me to do if I have a New 3DS in perfect condition with dual TN and I want to convert it to dual IPS?

Entonces: ¿Qué pretendes que haga si tengo una New 3DS en perfecto estado con doble TN y quiero convertirla en doble IPS?
If you feel inclined to modify your perfect condition console, and you want my advice, I would first tell you to actually do it. And if you find any issues with the new screens, ask for help on the https://3ds.hacks.guide/ Discord server. This is all new grounds for everyone.

I'm just stating that what people are doing swapping these files isn't good and that it can lead to unwanted scenarios. The HWCAL files aren't just 'responsible for calibrating the screens', so swapping them isn't a smart move if you want to be sure that your console will end up working correctly.

fakestim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro you are a god … was bummed i got no help from simpcord 3dshacks server just youll brick your 3ds normie spam .. but with your files i fixed my brightness issue and it even changed the color temp of my ips it was like warm with my old tn hwcal files but now its so crisp and beautiful i want to send u a slice of pizza bro i love you seriously

S4NT11F0R3R0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Bro you are a god … was bummed i got no help from simpcord 3dshacks server just youll brick your 3ds normie spam .. but with your files i fixed my brightness issue and it even changed the color temp of my ips it was like warm with my old tn hwcal files but now its so crisp and beautiful i want to send u a slice of pizza bro i love you seriously
Your welcome bro. But what type of screens did your 3DS originally use? Can you share them? :D

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you feel inclined to modify your perfect condition console, and you want my advice, I would first tell you to actually do it. And if you find any issues with the new screens, ask for help on the https://3ds.hacks.guide/ Discord server. This is all new grounds for everyone.

I'm just stating that what people are doing swapping these files isn't good and that it can lead to unwanted scenarios. The HWCAL files aren't just 'responsible for calibrating the screens', so swapping them isn't a smart move if you want to be sure that your console will end up working correctly.
So what you're saying is "keep backups of your old files". Yes, this needs to be said, because it's not self-explanatory to everyone.

Now that it's been said, here's mine. The title speaks for itself. New, not XL, TN TN.

Attachments

• N3DS TN+TN.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: S4NT11F0R3R0

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's worth mentioning that godmode9 keeps a backup of your files in essentials.exefs, if you did it when prompted, and that backup is embedded into nand and doesnt get updated/overwritten unless you explicitly update it

it's worth keeping backups in other places too (never rely on only one backup), but if all else fails then you likely still have your original files in essentials.exefs

Reactions: N7Kopper

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's worth mentioning that godmode9 keeps a backup of your files in essentials.exefs, if you did it when prompted, and that backup is embedded into nand and doesnt get updated/overwritten unless you explicitly update it

it's worth keeping backups in other places too (never rely on only one backup), but if all else fails then you likely still have your original files in essentials.exefs
Also keeping separate discrete backups of individual files you're meddling with makes things less annoying if you fuck up.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I got this from reddit, N3DS XL Dual TN
Post automatically merged:

For a long time I have read posts from people looking for donors of HW files ("HWCAL0.dat" and "HWCAL1.dat", responsible for calibrating the screens) from other consoles to change their screens from TN to IPS (and vice versa).

So I want to compile in this thread all the HWCAL files for all the 4 screen combinations. I'll leave you mine to start (double IPS). I and the entire community would appreciate it if you leave yours.

PS: The path to find the files is:
"SYSNAND CTRNAND>ro>sys"
(yes, you must have CFW and GodMode9 on your console)

PD: If you have a "normal" New Nintendo 3DS (not XL) it would also be appreciated if you share your HWCAL files

Edit: (I will be adding the files that I manage to get from friends or those that you put in this thread)

Did you manage to fix the your New 3ds xl ghosting issue?
Which steps did you follow

Attachments

• N3DS XL TN+TN.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol