Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

I'm using an R4 SDHC Revolution and I've tried a ton of different firmwares, FAQs and tutorials. I've tried Wood R4 (latest version), original firmware v1.18, Ysmenu, etc.
I've tried Plants vs. Zombies, Ghost Trick, and Radiant Historia. I've tried multiple versions of all three of those roms, including AP patched ones and none of them will work regardless of what I do. But I can run older games just fine.

I tried it on my aunt's card, which is exactly the same as mine, and that didn't work either. My boyfriend has the exact same card that I have, and sent me his setup, and when I loaded up my DS, I got a message over top my boyfriend's background image that said "This is fake!!!" But Ghost Trick works perfectly for him.

Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Ysmenu over and over again, and it doesn't work. I have a second card that's used less, but it's the exact same kind. I'll try it on that one and see if it's just my card.

Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kirbymaster101 said:
try this firmware http://www.r4sdhc.com/
also test if`an old game works like mario kart ds

That didn't work. That does look exactly like my cart, but the R4 menu won't even boot up. I get past the Nintendo DS screen and it just goes black.

Sausage Head - I've tried every R4 related firmware in that pack, and none of them did the trick either. The only ones that work are the R4Clone one and the R4SDHC-R41-SDHC TTMenu one, but none of the new games work with them still.

Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:
Aeri said:
but none of the new games work with them still.
Which new games are these? Retro's menus were last updated on May 14. ROMs which were released after that probably do not work.

Ghost Trick, Plants vs. Zombies, and Radiant Historia are the ones I've tried so far. My boyfriend, using Retrogamefan's CloneR4, can play Radiant Historia and Ghost Trick with no problem.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii - Yes, I can play older games with no problem. I've been playing Cradle of Rome recently. And I can boot up Ysmenu as long as I have the right one, but it won't load up the new games still. I think I had problems getting it to load Cradle of Rome too, but I don't remember. Been working on this crap for two days now, so my mind is kind of jumbled.

Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Have you found the latest of Retro's updates (v6.59). Go here: http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases to download.

Yes, I already tried all of the different R4 ones in the pack. I don't know if I should try any of the others. Only one of the ones in there really works for me and it's the R4 Clone one, but I still can't play new games with that.

Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's 6.59. Maybe I should go through and just try all of the updates on there. It can't hurt anything I guess.

Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried all of the ones that weren't for a DSi, and none of them worked. Yes, I've used the formatter, and it hasn't made any difference one way or the other. I'm trying my boyfriend's setup again, but I'm really confused by the "this is fake!!!" message.

Aeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By this is fake: My boyfriend has the same cart as I do. The exact same one. And he can play Ghost Trick and Radiant Historia just fine. Since he can, he sent me his setup to put on my cart. I loaded it up there exactly as his is, and when I boot up my DS I get a message over top the background that says "this is fake!!!" in an error box that has '!!!' at the top of it. I googled it and can't find anything. The only difference in our setups is that he has a fat DS and I have a DS light.

By not DSi: There are some things in retrogamefan's pack that are for DSi as far as I can tell. I didn't try those because mine is a DS light.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__