SSKRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
NEW 3DS LL - 11.4 USA

I got an error message when deleting SSB from settings app, so I tap the "OK' button or something to continue, but I can't see the icon on the game list so I thought I've successfully deleted it. When I returned to the home screen, all of my installed games & homebrew (FBI, FTP Snap,etc) are gone.

I'm still able to open the Rosalina menu and launch Homebrew.
I'm still able to open the GM9
I'm still able to open FBI to launch games, but I get an error message to reboot everytime I pressed the home button.
I can't install TIKDevil.cia, it gives me an error message everytime I install it.

What should I do? Are there any simple solution for this?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for titles marked with greyed out X's in:
  • System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software
If you see them, that means their tickets are missing. Use faketik to restore these.

However, if the 3DS does not recognize any titles (not even with X's), that means Data Management corrupted these files:
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/dbs/
    • import.db
    • title.db
You will need to follow this guide to restore everything.
It would be wise when everything is copied off the SD card, you check it in H2testw for hardware problems.

SSKRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Look for titles marked with greyed out X's in:
  • System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software
If you see them, that means their tickets are missing. Use faketik to restore these.

However, if the 3DS does not recognize any titles (not even with X's), that means Data Management corrupted these files:
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/dbs/
    • import.db
    • title.db
You will need to follow this guide to restore everything.
It would be wise when everything is copied off the SD card, you check it in H2testw for hardware problems.

Hi, thank you for replying, I've successfully fixed my missing tickets with TIKDevil.3dsx last time.
But right now... I'm facing a much difficult situation, please take a look at these photos...

IMG_6439.JPG IMG_6440.JPG IMG_6441.JPG IMG_6442.JPG IMG_6443.JPG IMG_6444.JPG IMG_6445.JPG IMG_6446.JPG IMG_6447.JPG IMG_6448.JPG Screenshot (17).png

All my games and homebrew apps are gone after I deleted Corpse Party using FBI (I deleted it coz the game told me that it can't load the save data, so I though reinstalling should fix it), then I pressed the home button just to see my empty homescreen, so I open FBI again, it shows some error codes in red, crashes & turn off my N3DS LL with USA region installed.
Before this, my drawing in COLORS!3D are all corrupted too, and I can't fix it by importing my previous extra data backup with JKSM.
But my 64gb VGen Micro SD doesn't seem to have any problem...
Is my problem can be fixed? I'm planning to Relisting or rebuilding the 3DS database files with CTRTransfer (Type D9) from your tutorial, but I find it very complicated and not exactly the same problem based on ur screenshots. Thank you.

Last edited by SSKRider,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SSKRider, that's definitely corrupted database. The reason why Extra Data Management lists those titles is because those aren't your installed CIAs but their extdata (think of them as their secondary or extended save data).

Reinstalling a game title's CIA in FBI will overwrite and delete its save. Your Corpse Party save progress is gone..

I recommend that you make a backup of the Nintendo 3DS folder on your computer and use that script's Option (B) - Full when rebuilding the SD card's title.db and import.db.

Read this thread for an example case of what to expect/do:

Edit - That V-GeN is an unknown SD card brand for the rest of the world. If further data problems persist, I recommend you replace it with a Samsung or SanDisk card if those brands are available in large electronic retailers in your country.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: SSKRider

SSKRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@SSKRider, that's definitely corrupted database. The reason why Extra Data Management lists those titles is because those aren't your installed CIAs but their extdata (think of them as their secondary or extended save data).

So... I followed your 12 step and got stuck at step 7... What's wrong here?
And what do you mean by "...build a reference SD setup." at step 5?

Attachments

• IMG_6450.JPG
    IMG_6450.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6451.JPG
    IMG_6451.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
Last edited by SSKRider,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I followed your 12 step and got stuck at step 7... What's wrong here?
For the message:
BIN file(s) not found at:
0:/gm9/in
, just ignore it. This script was originally created specifically for CTRTransfer or sole purpose of 3DS firmware repair but Iater versions kept adding features that has nothing to do with it. The warning was to remind whoever intended to do CTRTransfer that "Hey, you forgot to add the ctrnand *.bin image."

For the Fix movable.sed KeyY, there's a bug where it's trying to find the 32-char <ID0> subfolder. Even though the first folder list in Nintendo 3DS is <ID0>, the script for whatever odd reason defaults to finding the Private subfolder.

Relocate the Private subfolder out of the Nintendo 3DS parent folder, run Fix movable.sed KeyY, and then put it back in afterwards.

The long overdued v1.4 of the (Type D9) script corrects both of the above issues for better user friendliness.

And what do you mean by "...build a reference SD setup." at step 5?
Whenever troubleshooting people's variety of 3DS problems, I will mention using a substitute setup for their SD card. That linked kit includes necessary homebrew apps to fix their problems (and more).

The kit is for the sake of convenience.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I got the KeyY matches encryption with the <ID0> subfolder. Do I have to return the Private sub-folder now or after Rebuild Database?
Having the Private folder in there or not won't interfere with Rebuild 3DS Database. However, it's better to put it back in now than possibly forgetting about it later.

SSKRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Having the Private folder in there or not won't interfere with Rebuild 3DS Database. However, it's better to put it back in now than possibly forgetting about it later.

The process is still running, but I got this one error, at least for now, what does it mean and what should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_6461.JPG
    IMG_6461.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    19.5 KB · Views: 263
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The process is still running, but I got this one error, at least for now, what does it mean and what should I do?
A failure to dump or rebuild your title into a CIA means that there was a mismatch in SHA-256 hash between one of *.app contents and what's listed in the *.tmd (title meta data).

You'll have to replace Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright (EUR) with an intact CIA from somewhere or from previous download / backup collection. Check the missing_titles.txt once the script finishes its run to see which titles weren't dumped.

I have suspicion your micro SD card is no good. Even though it passed H2testw (it's a real 64 GB card with fully intact capacity), V-GeN might have made it with a shitty controller.

If you read that thread's later posts and this one:
Another user, NoSnake221, was in a similar situation where his Kingston sd card checked out fine in H2testw, but his n3DS got stuck in a loop in Fix movable.sed KeyY. He replaced his card with ADATA brand, which was what was locally available to him.

Another cause of concern was his crappy T-FLASH microSD-to-USB adapter, the ones that come with DS flashcart. That reader was corrupting his files.

SSKRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Hi, I just want to say thank you very much for helping me! Everything went well till step 12 and fixed. Some games have corrupted/missing save data (Luigi's Mansion 2, Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward, PW Dual Destinies,etc), but no prob, I have the save data backup.

By the way, I have suspicion with my FTP file transferring software on PC & 3DS itself, I dont know which on is causing the problem but oftentimes the cia file that I transfered from my PC displayed as 2 cias on FBI. If I delete 1 of them and refresh, they both gone. I use WinSCP and FTPDB.

Attachments

• IMG_6469.JPG
    IMG_6469.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
Last edited by SSKRider,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Any way to fix this?
Colors!3D makes its save as extdata. Take the backed up copy from computer and put it back on your SD card:
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/00000811
You can try this:
  1. GodMode9 → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [A:] SYSNAND SDFix CMACs for drive → etc.
  2. Checkpoint → press (X) to access extdata options.
  3. (Try to) backup Colors! 3D extdata. If the extdata can be backed up, restore it.
If this doesn't work, your game's pictures were one of the casualties in the data corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1