Hacking All information you need for model exporting

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
So, I decided to make this little thread to help people.

You need SARCExtract to extract SARC/SZS files, just drag and drop a file into it.
If you want to extract a BFRES file, you need BFRES Extractor, drag and drop a file into it.
If you want to load (a) model(s) right away from a BFRES file(without textures!), you can use this3DS Max script to load (a) model(s) in 3DS Max.
If you want to add textures to the model(s), you need to extract them from the BFRES file and then convert them to PNGs.

Note: The textures are GTX files(they're not usually like this, they're originally FTEX files, but this BFRES extractor converts those FTEX files into GTX files so they can be converted to PNGs), they can be found inside of a folder called 1_FTEX.

There're 2 programs to extract GTX files:
GTX_Extract by Treeki.
Usage: gtx_extract.c "file name.gtx" "file name.png"
TexConv2 by IEA(ItsEasyActually).
Usage is pretty simple: Dump the gtx files from whatever BFRES file you want. Drop those gtx files into the Convert folder, run ConvertGTX.bat and the textures you want will be in the OutDDS and OutDDS_Lossless folders.
Note: TexConv2 converts GTX files to dds image files, just search online for a "dds to png" converter.

My work: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-280#post-5454288
Odie5776's work: http://prntscr.com/6vpqpc

Last edited by AboodXD,
Reactions: Pachee

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I extracted the model and the textures but when I try to import them both the textures end up all over the place. Do you know how to do it properly? (New Super Mario Bros U World 1-1 background)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-