Status
Not open for further replies.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
lol yep, thats the only way to run tp-hack.

Hey noob, What if I already installed HBC using TP Hack but no other channels added and I'm on 3.4u? Do i have to re-do the TP Hack or just skip that part and just go to my HBC and load the wad manager? I am a noob at this and like the idea of not having to downgrade. TIA

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do NOT have to do tp-hack or downgrade or anything like that....but you will have to move the boot.dol (or since youre on 3.4 it will be (FIRST) boot.dol UNTIL AFTER you install IOS16, then replace it with (SECOND) boot.mod and (THIRD) rename it to boot.dol, or you can even make different folder for them) to its rightful place in some subfolder of the "apps" folder...I just expect anyone with HBC already installed to know what they have to do with a boot.dol, otherwise...why would you have HBC? :-)

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob thanks for the update. Keep up the great work. I think this should keep everyone happy unless there's a big release or revolution to either softchip or gamma.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the v4 pak this is def the best way to get things sorted on ya wii way to go
smile.gif

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
hey noobwarrior
smile.gif
yet again a nice pack done by you. will be using this in the future. so easy to install... keep up the good work buddy

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
you do NOT have to do tp-hack or downgrade or anything like that....but you will have to move the boot.dol (or since youre on 3.4 it will be (FIRST) boot.dol UNTIL AFTER you install IOS16, then replace it with (SECOND) boot.mod and (THIRD) rename it to boot.dol, or you can even make different folder for them) to its rightful place in some subfolder of the "apps" folder...I just expect anyone with HBC already installed to know what they have to do with a boot.dol, otherwise...why would you have HBC? :-)

Thanks for the reply noob! I have IOS16-64-v257-prod-wad. If I understand correctly, I need to install that first AFTER I move boot.dol from the root of the SD card. Then, after IOS16 is installed, rename boot.dol to boot.mod and put it back in the root? Then what do I do? I know I am the noobiest of all noobs. lol Thanks again!

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, youre just a little bit off,

you can only run "bool.dol"

try to install all the wads in the pack itself with "boot.dol" first.

IF that doesnt work, install IOS16

after that, turn off the wii

take out the sd card and put it in your pc

delete/rename the "boot.dol"

and rename "boot.mod" to "boot.dol"

now, boot it up again,

and try to install the pack with THAT (new) boot.dol

---clarification notes:----
so...boot.mod is a modification of boot.dol, that is needed for more recent updaters,
but you STILL have to get at least ios16 installed with the regular boot.dol,
so the modification can work.
which should be no problem.

if your IOS16 won't install, you are doing something wrong, because there is no reason for that at this time. if you already have it installed, you can use boot.mod (rename it to boot.dol though) right from the get-go.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
no, youre just a little bit off,

you can only run "bool.dol"

try to install all the wads in the pack itself with "boot.dol" first.

IF that doesnt work, install IOS16

after that, turn off the wii

take out the sd card and put it in your pc

delete/rename the "boot.dol"

and rename "boot.mod" to "boot.dol"

now, boot it up again,

and try to install the pack with THAT (new) boot.dol

---clarification notes:----
so...boot.mod is a modification of boot.dol, that is needed for more recent updaters,
but you STILL have to get at least ios16 installed with the regular boot.dol,
so the modification can work.
which should be no problem.

if your IOS16 won't install, you are doing something wrong, because there is no reason for that at this time. if you already have it installed, you can use boot.mod (rename it to boot.dol though) right from the get-go.

OK, I think I am starting to understand. Regarding "renaming Boot.mod to Boot.dol", I don't see a Boot.mod in the folder. I feel stupid asking but I really appreciate your help. Where does the Boot.mod come from?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Can somebody help me for the last time? I just want to be shure that everything is right and up-to-date...

QUOTE said:
01-cIOS247-v5_fix-ppc_gba.wad = No Idea..maybe for Waninkokos Launcher 0.1?
07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad = Latest cIOS from Waninkoko
08-cIOS248-v7_WiiPowerFix-nw7.wad = Modified IOS for Rockband

Is this right? Thanks in Advance!
smile.gif

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
it is in there. maybe you don't have "view full filename" or whatever enabled on your computer.

Man, you are so patient. I can't thank you enough! I manged to install all 8 wads. I had to install ios16 before the custom Wad manager would load the others. I have gotten one game to load and play fine. 2 others freeze on the "strap the wiimote to your wrist" screen. Which loader works the best and do I have to "scrub or patch" my games to work? Thanks again!!

***Edit update***

noobwarrior7....I freakin love you man!! All is working great. I just got to experiment with the loaders to see how to get them all to work. I have only used Softchip so far. I am sorry I was a pain trying to figure this out. Your help was greatly appreciated. I am a certified PC repair guy and if I can ever help you and return the favor, just ask! Have a great New Year!!

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ecw,

glad you got it all worked out, have fun.

@blue-k

247 is cIOS_rev5 (to be specific, cIOS_fix) by ppc_gba, works with wiigator launcher 0.1 ("patched" discs, requires the dvdx wad included)
248 is cIOS_rev7 using IOS37 instead of 36 to get RB instruments working
249 is cIOS_rev7 standard/full by Waninkoko...latest "official" cIOS

that is how it breaks down

as an added fyi: the available korean cIOS replaces 249, BUT is the exact same as the 248 except it includes korean disc support and breaks wad installs.

should cover it all.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You so much this pack has my Wii totally backup functional. I have the Menu 3.2 + Starfall Diagnostic Check Patch + TP-Hack + HBC.

ahmede

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<!--quoteo(post=1529161:date=Nov 8 2008, 08:39 AM:name=noobwarrior7)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Nov 8 2008, 08:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1529161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[Feel free to report obvious flubs on my part,
but read this post in it's entirety before you do.]

<b>-- - <!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->THE BACKUP SUITE<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> - --</b>
<i>VERSION 4.0 (FINAL)</i>

<u><b>UPDATED 01/06/2009</b></u> - EVEN WORKS ON <u>3.4</u>!!
-100% tested working Wads/Banners (no bricks)
-Two <u>optional</u> bonus items (wads) added <b>BELOW</b>
-<u>Newest</u> WiiGator and SoftChip Launchers with fixes
-Made easier (as usual)
-Between the 3 launchers, we now have <b>99%</b> <u>overall</u> compatibility (only 1 or 2 games can't be made to work)
-<u><b>THIS OVERWRITES VERSION 2+3, 100% TESTED</b></u>

<b>VERSION 4 FINAL NFO (rar's removed from post to comply with law of the land):</b>
<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag3d2ge/n/hellokitty_nfo" target="_blank">Download .Nfo File</a>

[<i>use an nfo viewer or notepad to view the nfo file</i>]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
[will <i>need to uninstall</i> using V1 wads
IF you want to remove some stuff from the very old <b>VERSION 1</b>]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

<b>Info</b> About This <u>Any-Region 3-Launcher SoftMod Pack</u>:

NOTE: You will need to get at least the Twilight Hack working on your own for this:
<a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83479" target="_blank">Twilight Hack Sticky</a>
<a href="http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack" target="_blank">Twilight Hack @ Wiibrew</a>
-<b>Menu 3.2 and below?</b> You can use any alpha or beta1 versions of TP-hack.
-<b>Menu 3.3 (v1 or v2)?</b> You can use the <b>beta1</b>.
-<b>Menu 3.4?</b> you can use the new <u><b>beta2</b></u>; even though it deletes after reboot, you only need the <u>One (1) run of Wad Manager</u>, and STILL <u>NO DOWNGRADING!!!</u>

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

-The 3 Launchers Included:
...<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->WiiGator 0.3g<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> NeoRame Wii-IshV3 Edition w/ 002 Fix (aimed at IOS249)
...<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->WiiGator 0.1<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> NiceColorEdtion mod by WiiPower with entryholder (aimed at IOS247)
-[Reminder: 0.1 backup discs <u>need</u> to be decrypted ("patched"), program included, but you must obtain common-key]
...<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->SoftChip SVN r76<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> (selectable IOS; IOS248 included to make Rock Band Instruments work and customz)

TOTAL BLOCKS: Approx 55

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

-3 <u>different-looking channels</u>, <i>BannerBrick Tested</i>, region-free, NO problems,
banners were just poached, but everyone should be credited now.

-<b>NOT</b> my channels AT ALL, I just did the dol injections and renaming to make it make sense as best I could.
Claim credit if you're due, for sure.

-Basically,<b> <u>this is ALL WADS</u></b>, and that's IT...for all you noobs out there this is good..in other words:

One (1) boot of TP-Hack, to do One (1) boot of WAD Manager,
then install All EIGHT* (8) wads, AND YOU'RE <b>DONE!</b>
(I included a DVDx wad for 247 just for you guys)

(*only 5 (FIVE) if you don't "patch"/decrypt)

NO hbc or installer programs needed at all!!!!

....which means....
-<u><b>NO</b></u> DOWNGRADE NEEDED <u>AT ALL</u>!!!!
NONE!!!! <b>EVEN ON 3.4!!!</b>

<u><b>THIS EVEN OVERWRITES VERSION 2 + 3, 100% TESTED</b></u>

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

<b><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#008000--><span style="color:#008000"><!--/coloro-->Install Tutorial:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

(<u>IF</u> you experience problems, Start over by first....
UNINSTALLING ALL PREVIOUS LAUNCHER/LOADER FILES AND ANY INSTANCES OF DVDX)

0) IF you have <u>either of the newest updates</u>, get <u>IOS16</u> elsewhere, install it using standard wad manager (boot.dol),
and use davi92's provided "modified" wad manager (boot.mod THEN renamed to boot.dol) for EVERY step after this.
DO NOT ASK FOR IOS16.
I ABSOLUTELY WILL PROVIDE IT, <u>PERIOD</u><a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/586ccf/n/useful_rar" target="_blank">.</a>

1) Boot your WAD Manager via the TP-hack, HBC, channel, or whatever you use.

2) Install wads number 1 through 8 (you have a choice on 6), and exit the program. </b>
<i>~6a Waninkoko Disc Dumper
~6b wiihttpd-do</i>

3) <b>Get back to the main menu and ENJOY!!!! </b>

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

<b>Also includes 2 different disc dumpers</b> you can basically figure out for yourselves,
I'd recommend you use <u>Firefox</u> to navigate to your Wii's IP. Also, ithe wiihttpd-do <u>will</u> crash if you
<i>do not have an sd card</i> in the slot with an empty "www" folder in the root,
<u>or</u> if you <i><b>mistakenly press A</b></i> when you load the program...
...NO button presses needed for this app.

<b>IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS PACK:</b>
3 Main Things You Can Do:
-Thank the awesome authors of the apps (and the banner creators)
-Visit: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com" target="_blank">TheHungerSite.com</a> and either donate or just click for me!
-Buy "The Conduit" when it comes out

<b>BONUS STUFF for V3 (more wads!):</b>

<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/07541c/n/gbatempTRIBUTE-LauncherChannelcombo-djtaz_fishears_rar" target="_blank"><b>GBATemp Tribute Launcher Channel</b></a> - a combination of work done by djtaz and fishears, packed by me...WILL overwrite/replace the gamma launcher in the pack.

<b>cIOS_rev7 with Native Korean Disc Support</b> - created by QLeap, packed by me, WILL overwrite your current IOS249, not recommended as it completely breaks wad installs, and must be removed using AnyTitle Deleter or the author's installer, found elsewhere.
<b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->WARNING: DO <u>NOT</u> INSTALL THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE HBC INSTALLED.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b>
Features:
-Boot untouched Korean Discs/1:1 Backups using the newest launchers
-Trucha bug patched in
-Supposedly supports everything else rev7 supports...<u>BUT</u>...
Bugs:
-<u>Breaks wad installs</u>
-Other homebrew acts weird from time-to-time
-If ANY channel is clicked WHILE <u>a Korean disc is ALREADY in drive</u>, your system <u>will</u> freeze.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

<b>COMMON PROBLEMS:</b>
-Wad Manager won't install the wads? See <b>STEP 0</b>
-Done step 0 and still get errors?
<b>~Remove USB stuff
~Remove GC stuff</b>
-Launchers won't load games?
<b>~Remove USB stuff
~Check and make sure you are using DVD-R, or DVD+R if it is booktyped "DVD-ROM"
~Do not use RW media
~Check and see if others have the same problem with that specific game
~Make sure a valid SD card is inserted (this fixes a crash in the Dumper as well)</b> - this should no longer cause launcher problems
-note that this pack may NOT work on <b>Korean Wii's.</b>

-NOTE: Gamma channel gives me a minor graphical glitch if I go to it's menu without a disc inserted, no biggie though,
and it might be something I'm doing....don't give it a second thought.

<u>QuikFAQ:</u>
<b>"When I start a channel, it reboots the Wii...what's up?"</b>
You are missing an IOS in the 30's, most likely 37. Rip it using
WiiScrubber from a disc image that has it, and install it with Wad Manager.
To first check that you actually are missing it, just run "AnyTitle Deleter"
and under system titles, see if it is there.

<b>"Why does NFS: Undercover and others not work/give 002 error?"</b>
This WAS an unresolved issue because it needs new the IOS55....NOT ANYMORE!
002 error should not be present on this version, except with the old 0.1nce launcher.

<b>"How do you get Red Steel, MK:Arm, MoH:H2 to work?"</b>
Some people have had success by patching them using "IOSPatcher 1.1" (by waninkoko?) to patch them to use IOS249 (which the launcher(s) use(s))...look elsewhere, I know this works.

<b>"SoftChip/other channels code-dumps at times, why?"</b>
Proceed as normal, everything is working fine...if you get problems, delete the SoftChip folder on your SD, but you may keep getting code dumps.

<b>"Regular disc channel has started acting funky, and my regular discs are not loading?"</b>
Just do a full power-cycle (cut power from your wii entirely for about 15 seconds).

<b>"I have no intention of ever "patching" (decrypting) any discs; I like 1:1, so do I need ALL of this?"</b>
*You can skip installing wads 1-3, and proceed to 4-8. Enjoy YOUR 2-launcher setup.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
All the launcher apps loaded for me completely into the program.
ALL occasionaly gave me some errors on disc loading, BUT....
<i>this is because of</i> a nice little 'device' attached to my disc drive.

Feel free to test and report back!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The Intent/GOALS of this pack are:

1) <b>Make (basically) every single step into wad installs</b>, for noobs and upgraded systems.

2) Have channels pointing at <u>IOS 249 for the newer versions</u>,
and at <u>247 for the older launcher</u>,
so people can still use the <b>decrypted</b> (called "patched") discs,
and the games that don't work on the new launchers at the moment.

3) Make it all work <b><u>without any downgrade</u></b> at all!!!!!!

4) Require NO internet connection!!!

So....enjoy all the wads!....just install them in the order they direct (1 through 8).

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

<b>BIG THANKS:</b>

IOS247 is a proper copy of "cIOS fix" (aka: rev5) by ppc_gba
IOS249 is a proper copy of "cIOS249_rev7 full" by Waninkoko and Wiigator, dumped by me
IOS248 is a proper copy of "cIOS_rev7 using IOS37" to get Rock Band Instruments working and still keep trucha,
thought up by requiem4d and distributed by Arm The Homeless originally, this comes from WiiPower's older toy.

WiiGator launcher made by: WiiGator (duh)
SoftChip made by: requiem4d, et al., channel by 0RanGecHicKeN
This build compiled by kavid.
WAD Manager and cIOS in general began by: waninkoko

Banners by various folks: WiiShizza, NeoRame, alejandroues, Tgames, Cladil, loesjoel (0c) etc. (please claim)
Took 2 channels from Wiigee's sig and swapped IOSes originally
Some launcher mods by WiiPower
WiiShizza for his BLC originally
davi92 for WAD Manager running off 16

<b>I made it a point to NOT thank anyone
I thought wouldn't WANT to be thanked, so that may be the case.</b>

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

<i>I did no coding work. I just assembled the pack, renaming/repacking,
and typed up this info. I don't code, I don't bugtest,
I actually barely even play my wii, lol.</i>

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PS: Random Shoutz to:

djtaz
Arm The Homeless
djdynamite123
Meowayne
Forsaekn
I_speel_good
DaveMode
Slimmmmmm
BIG MOE
Maschell
Mrkinator
Cyberxion
OSW
Stev418
jinxvorheeze
EmperorOfCanada
blitz7287
riku98523

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

keep on keepin' on. (and never update)

-in(2X)ya7

PS: If you like this and get some enjoyment out of it, leave some comments and push it to the frontpage so that other people can find it easily.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i have successfully installed V4 , the only "problem" i have noticed is that the SD card , with WADS installed is not longer detected in HOME BRU CHANNEL , is this normal , how would i un installed the WADS should it be required, im am running V3.2E firmware

noobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm another noob hoping to get TBS4 working.
This may be a silly question, but does TBS4 work with NTSC and PAL wii's? I have a PAL wii version 3.4.
I'm only intending to use PAL games to make sure I don't brick my wii.

Thanks for all your hard work noobwarrior!

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will work on any region (except possibly korean) and any update. (if the wii resets when you load the channel, its probably not because of region, its because you don't have IOS37.)

about dvdx, if you want to still watch dvds, just don't install wads 1-3, leave DVDx installed in "normal" installation mode, and continue using mplayer. the dvdx wad just switches it from a normal install to an IOS247 install, but if you dont even plan on using patched discs, there is no reason for you to give up your dvd playback, as dvdx is not needed for the two newer launchers, softchip and gamma.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
sup Noob...

this saved my arse today man, promised someone i'd get them up and running and gets to there place and lone behold its on 3.4 lol

No Wifi (not even a nearby WEP to be found lol.)

then i rememeber i had this on my laptop...works a treat mate.

the WAD install method is quality.

20clarky08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think