All games say "Could not start the software"

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CreateAudio, Nov 17, 2019.

1. CreateAudio
    OP

CreateAudio Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Hello all,

I'm running 8.1.0 / AMS 0.9.4 and since yesterday everything was working fine, I tried to install HB Shop and dragged across all of the files onto the SD card etc... I have managed to load up HB Shop but it says my time / date is incorrect.

For some reason my time and date is stuck on 08/06/2017 04:21 despite being connected to the internet?

And now all of my games except Mario Kart 8 state "Could not start the software" go back to the home menu. I've got the latest SIG patches and I've reinstalled Atmosphere and Hekate. I'm stuck and can't figure out what the problem is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

2. psxfan

psxfan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    I'm on 9.1 with the same problem...

3. arianadark

arianadark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
  4. CreateAudio
    OP

CreateAudio Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
  5. arianadark

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    did you start with normal atmosphere then change to kosmos by chance?

6. CreateAudio
    OP

CreateAudio Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    I'm not sure, I mean I do remember seeing the Kosmos screen before booting up and now I don't see it anymore. I've just tried booting through primary fusee and those patches and that doesn't work either. I reinstalled Atmosphere again, tried going back to 0.9.3 just to see if that made a difference, nothing.

Mario Kart 8 is also corrupt now too.

Do you think I should just start again, reformat and go through the guide?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Actually I do remember the AtlasNX screen popping up. When I installed the Shop app I couldn't boot into Atmosphere anymore, so I reinstalled Atmosphere and nothing works. So maybe I need to go back to the AtlasNx which I got through sdsetup.com which isn't loading for me at the moment.

7. arianadark

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    ya restart you got a mess of files in there

8. CreateAudio
    OP

CreateAudio Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Ok, how would I go about restarting? Just reformatting the whole thing, creating a new SYSNAND copy and create a new EMUNAND etc..?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can I just reformat on OFW, update to 9.0.1 normally and then start the guide again? - Sorry for these questions, just don't want to mess up. I appreciate your fast response too :)

9. mc6415

mc6415 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2007
    Strangely I now have the same problem as well, everything worked fine yesterday and I've tried copying the sig-patches over again to no avail

EDIT: Just tried redoing it all from scratch and I have the same problem still.

Last edited by mc6415, Nov 17, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted