ROM Hack Question All datas, Saves, profils are lost for forever ? (SxOs user)

Funkadeclics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi People,

I'm very sad because it's seems i lost all my datas. Maybe you will confirm or not...
Let me explain what i did.

First Mistake: I updated my switch Emunand Firmware with Choixdujour to 11.0.0 but i choosed Fat and not Extfat option. So Upgrade worked well but stay black screen after reboot.
then... I had a excellent second idea to creating a new emunand with another SD card. After creating this new Emunand and upgrade it to 11.0.0 with Extfat option, i taked all files in sxos\emunand and i copied all to the not working Sdcard in sxos\emunand. Of course, when Asked me if i want replace existing files, i choosed yes.

Now.. system boot Ok but.... i lost all my datas, saves, profils ect..

I thought all personnal data was store in another folder.. i was wrong ?

Does all my datas lost ? I run Checkpoint homebrew but i dont see my datas.. only old old datas from my official Nand.

Thanks a lot for helping or informations

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does all my datas lost ? I run Checkpoint homebrew but i dont see my datas.. only old old datas from my official Nand.
  1. You only see in Checkpoint what you have backed up in the past. If you didn't back up your emuNAND games there, they won't magically appear there.
  2. Only those games show up in Checkpoint that you already launched on your current sysNAND/emuNAND at least once so they created a new savegame which then can be overwritten by restoring a Checkpoint savegame.
    To check which savegames you really have, look at your SD card in sd:/switch/checkpoint/saves

Funkadeclics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks for reply. Unformatly , i tought Checkpoint will find saves and profils stored in my Sdcard. I tough, i can use it like a file browser for navigate to my folders and saves but it seems not. I never used Checkpoint before my mistake so i never backup my savegame with it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for reply. Unformatly , i tought Checkpoint will find saves and profils stored in my Sdcard. I tough, i can use it like a file browser for navigate to my folders and saves but it seems not. I never used Checkpoint before my mistake so i never backup my savegame with it.
The save files will be stored in a different location depending if you're using file or partition based. If its file-based, then they will be in the file. If its partition-based, then they will not be in the partition. And as stated before, Checkpoint cannot magically recover your save data if it is not there in the first place. Save data is primarily not stored on the SD card nor the profiles; they are stored within the console's internal memory. This is not a limitation of Checkpoint but basic fundamentals in save data on the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT