Homebrew ALL 3 Methods to get unbanned from recent ban wave

Did this unban you and if so which method did?

• Total voters

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there ever be? And can someone explain to me why we cant access pokemon bank but we can access the eshop with a different seed? Sorry im homebrew dumb sometimes....obviously why im banned in the first place lol
Most eShop features don't require an NNID, so if you delete your NNID off the 3DS by injecting the zeroed NNID file, you can still use some eShop features. Your Pokemon Bank requires your NNID, which you cannot use.

While there might be a way to get your Pokemon back someday, you should assume there won't ever be, so don't hold your breath.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Will there ever be? And can someone explain to me why we cant access pokemon bank but we can access the eshop with a different seed? Sorry im homebrew dumb sometimes....obviously why im banned in the first place lol
Technically, there is a way, but the code hasn't been implemented into anything public. It requires a sacrificial system, and A9LH. The reason why you can still access the eShop but not Pokebank is because Pokebank requires an NNID, and you can't link an NNID to a banned console (022-2812). The device's ID itself is banned, and this can't be (permanently) changed due to this part being OTP locked. A developer here made a modification to Luma that changed the ID to 1234 in RAM, but Nintendo caught on and now requires legitimate IDs signed by CTCert. So, to totally unban a console (in memory only) one has to dump the CTCert and device ID from the ITCM (ARM9 RAM) from an unbanned console, and inject them into the ITCM of a banned one using an A9LH payload. This is why a sacrificial 3DS is required (it can technically still be used, but going online with it could be detrimental). However, even after doing all of this, the NNID that was being used when the console was banned can never be used again due to it being tied to the original device ID, and Nintendo seems to be reluctant to relinquish these NNIDs. If you try using your old ID with an injected ID then you'll get a whole new error. So, there's no hope of getting your Pokemon back. All you can do is cut your losses and move on.

Last edited by Joom,

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been happening for an extremely long time actually, It's common practice for Microsoft and Sony for example. In any case it's stated in their TOS that they can and will do this at their discretion and you should probably assume every single game company has it in their TOS as well, so don't get banned?

But say someone does not have access to physical games and is only able to download games online, or the banned user wants to play an older game that has raised up significantly in value for whatever reason. Now the only way the user is able play the preferred game is to pirate the game unless saving a substantial amount of money to play the game. Corporations do not think this way simply because they have money to throw around and have never experienced such grief.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But say someone does not have access to physical games and is only able to download games online, or the banned user wants to play an older game that has raised up significantly in value for whatever reason. Now the only way the user is able play the preferred game is to pirate the game unless saving a substantial amount of money to play the game. Corporations do not think this way simply because they have money to throw around and have never experienced such grief.

To be fair, most anyone who got banned (in this case) probably wasn't buying many physical games anyway.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's where the last thing comes into play, don't get ban and none of that will affect you. That said let's be real here the people who got ban most likely weren't going to buy the game and the people who bought the game but weren't patient enough are in the minority in fact from all the threads only about 3 people gave evidence that they are In fact not actual pirates and just wanted to play a little early. So the basics is pirates will continue to be pirates and because of pirates and cheaters bans will continue to happen. I see nothing wrong with this as the saying goes you play with fire and you're bound to get burned.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
And that's where the last thing comes into play, don't get ban and none of that will affect you. That said let's be real here the people who got ban most likely weren't going to buy the game and the people who bought the game but weren't patient enough are in the minority in fact from all the threads only about 3 people gave evidence that they are In fact not actual pirates and just wanted to play a little early. So the basics is pirates will continue to be pirates and because of pirates and cheaters bans will continue to happen. I see nothing wrong with this as the saying goes you play with fire and you're bound to get burned.
Unless of course you can burn hotter than the fire itself. Nintendo's ban was rather abysmal.

Reactions: lonewolf08

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Agreed not letting you transfer your nnid to a newly brought 200 doller console is way to harsh.
What I meant by that is that the ban was incredibly easy to circumvent, and I felt kind of embarrassed for Nintendo after what a temper tantrum this ban obviously was. No hardware modifications or anything outside of the scope of A9LH was required except for a secondary console. I'm excited for the bootrom to be dumped because I'd like to know if we can manipulate CTCert directly, thus removing the necessity for a second console.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant by that is that the ban was incredibly easy to circumvent, and I felt kind of embarrassed for Nintendo after what a temper tantrum this ban obviously was. No hardware modifications or anything outside of the scope of A9LH was required except for a secondary console. I'm excited for the bootrom to be dumped because I'd like to know if we can manipulate CTCert directly, thus removing the necessity for a second console.
Yeah and the sad thing is they dont give a crap because the public seed has been alive for almost 2 months.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless of course you can burn hotter than the fire itself. Nintendo's ban was rather abysmal.
Yea it was a pretty bad ban but I don't think they have the system in place for super permanent bans. That said, sacrificing a second console has always been a way to unban a console and I don't think there's anyway around it. I don't know about the current gen but pretty much everything else has been able to get unban by sacrificing another console but for sure they going to be stricter with the new console even if only slightly. I also wouldn't be surprised that moving forward they will straight up ban the actual nnid kinda like Sony sometimes bans the actual account but for the most part hacked consoles get away with a hardware ban most of the time.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yea it was a pretty bad ban but I don't think they have the system in place for super permanent bans.
This specific ban is what's known as a "hyperban". This includes the LFCS and the device ID itself, and as far as we can tell it is permanent. The likelihood of it being lifted is next to nothing. They also kind of sort of permanently banned NNIDs by keeping them locked to the banned ID. It can still be used on a Wii U or their site, but it can never be used on another 3DS.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This specific ban is what's known as a "hyperban". This includes the LFCS and the device ID itself, and as far as we can tell it is permanent. The likelihood of it being lifted is next to nothing. They also kind of sort of permanently banned NNIDs by keeping them locked to the banned ID. It can still be used on a Wii U or their site, but it can never be used on another 3DS.
That's the difference I meant, when Sony ( I'm talking about Sony since I have more experience with their bans) does a full I fucking hate you ban, the account won't work no matter if you have a PSV and a ps3 on top of the system ban. That's why I don't call the current hyper ban of Nintendo a super permanent ban since the offending nnid can still be used on their other consoles except on another 3ds.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the difference I meant, when Sony ( I'm talking about Sony since I have more experience with their bans) does a full I fucking hate you ban, the account won't work no matter if you have a PSV and a ps3 on top of the system ban. That's why I don't call the current hyper ban of Nintendo a super permanent ban since the offending nnid can still be used on their other consoles except on another 3ds.
I have no idea how the PSN works, but I imagine that certain purchases (like PS1 games) are interchangeable on Sony's systems. Like, if you buy a PS1 game on a Vita you'll also be allowed to download it on your PS3/4. Am I right? Feel free to correct me. This ain't the case with Nintendo, though. If you buy an SNES VC title on the 3DS you have to buy it again on the Wii U. So, I imagine this is why Nintendo does bans the way they do. It's kind of dumb, but also kind of smart since it still allows customers to throw money at them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1